Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
My hair use to love products with hydrolized wheat protein, now it rejects it. Makes it feel like it's received a protein treatment - dry, brittle & coarse. I don't get that shift. Makes me mad because I have good products collecting dust.

MsDee14

Going to keep these braids in for 8 weeks instead of 6.
I have no weekends free between now and September.
Luckily..I have not gotten sick of these yet.

HanaKuroi

My hair feels good. I don't know what to do with it. It feels balanced.

I don't want to tip the scale.

I need a product that is balanced.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

ScorpioBeauty09

Just got my hair braided for vacation. I wish they were a little longer but it's fine. I'm ready to get in the water now lol. I had a huge growth spurt when I got my hair braided last year. I hope the same happens this time. I love how soft my hair's been lately.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
My hair use to love products with hydrolized wheat protein, now it rejects it. Makes it feel like it's received a protein treatment - dry, brittle & coarse. I don't get that shift. Makes me mad because I have good products collecting dust.

Likewise. I think its an LP thing. For me HWP adds toooooooo much stretch and caused wet breakage. Happens every time. HWP has be so scared of stretch that if I see, I break out the keratin ASAP.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Tonto

I am breaking out like crazy! and the thing is I've stopped taking my MSM pills almost a week ago. Gosh! It never happened to me since this very day smh NEVER AGAIN!

Attachments

• Photo on 8-5-13 at 5.31 PM.jpg
    Photo on 8-5-13 at 5.31 PM.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 34

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@Saludable84, I think I had LP from the start and HWP worked like a champ. Moisturized hair every time. Now? Not at all! I definitely can believe it's a LP thing though because my hair is protein sensitive for that reason. ETA: Have you tried WEN Fig? It has HWP.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84, I think I had LP from the start and HWP worked like a champ. Moisturized hair every time. Now? Not at all! I definitely can believe it's a LP thing though because my hair is protein sensitive for that reason. ETA: Have you tried WEN Fig? It has HWP.

Well I have actually been using HWP in my SD WGBC and its working well. Dont understand because in the past it would have been breakage city. I haven't tried the WEN Fig because it has HWP. I'm too scared.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Aireen

My hair anorexia is extreme now. I'm looking at girls with shorter hair than mine and thinking "Omg their hair looks so long! Why does my hair not appear as long as theirs?!" when my hair is at least 3 inches longer. These girls don't have ultra long necks either.

DivineNapps1728

I am breaking out like crazy! and the thing is I've stopped taking my MSM pills almost a week ago. Gosh! It never happened to me since this very day smh NEVER AGAIN!

I thought sulfur/msm was good for the skin :wallbash: I'm sorry your dealing with this dear.

We're you taking the msm for hair growth? Have you considered applying it topically instead?

JosieLynn

does anyone have short torso's like me? In the quest for understanding what will be my next length goal after BSL i realized that MBL on me will be passed before I even get to BSL! I dont think im a particularly low bra wearer but BSL is like 13in where my whole torso is 22in, making MBL at 11....is that weird????

DivineNapps1728

does anyone have short torso's like me? In the quest for understanding what will be my next length goal after BSL i realized that MBL on me will be passed before I even get to BSL! I dont think im a particularly low bra wearer but BSL is like 13in where my whole torso is 22in, making MBL at 11....is that weird????

JosieLynn,
I was thinking about this the other day actually. My torso is on the shorter side of average, but my bra sits low; bsl/mbl/wl seem to be relatively close in position with bsl & mbl being at the same spot.

Once I reach full mbl I'll be shooting for waist length; body markers of length are less subjective than clothing markers.

growbaby

Yeap, from neck to tailbone measures 20in .. MBL would be at 10in & my bra sits at 8.5in. I made this discovery a few weeks ago when I was arguing everyone down in the BSL challenge that I was nowhere near MBL. Boy did I look foolish after the measurements were done lol.

Killahkurlz

I thought sulfur/msm was good for the skin :wallbash: I'm sorry your dealing with this dear.

We're you taking the msm for hair growth? Have you considered applying it topically instead?

Things like msm, biotin, etc that r good for the skin makes ur skin go through a flush to get rid of the toxins n ur body (breakouts.) But once those r gone, u should have nice skin

ms.blue

I must've been tardy to the party but when did aubrey organics change the ingredients of their gpb conditioner?

HanaKuroi

ms.blue said:
I must've been tardy to the party but when did aubrey organics change the ingredients of their gpb conditioner?

Which gpb? There are more than one.

ms.blue

Which gpb? There are more than one.

The regular one. I just received my order from vitacost and I noticed the bottle changed and the ingredients changed as well. I opened the bottle up to see if it smelled the same, which it did but I'm not happy with the change.:nono:

DivineNapps1728

The regular one. I just received my order from vitacost and I noticed the bottle changed and the ingredients changed as well. I opened the bottle up to see if it smelled the same, which it did but I'm not happy with the change.:nono:

ms.blue,
Once you use it please report back on it's efficacy. There's been some debate as to whether ingredients in Aubrey conditioners were actually changed or if the ingredient list has been expanded in an attempt to be less elusive & more accurate.

I use HSR & purchased a few bottles of the new formulation; the consistency was different, but my results were the same.

ms.blue

DivineNapps1728, I will this weekend. I'm hoping it will still work the same since this is the only conditioner that never did my hair wrong. I'm mad that I only bought two bottles last yr, had I had the foresight that this would happen. ..I would've bought a bunch of these conditioners.

Ogoma

Things like msm, biotin, etc that r good for the skin makes ur skin go through a flush to get rid of the toxins n ur body (breakouts.) But once those r gone, u should have nice skin

Unless it leaves you with acne scars because then you just have a whole new set of problems.