Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

DivineNapps1728

I REALLY want to wear my hair straight for convocation this weekend, but I'm afraid I'll put in all the hard work and end up with a frizzed out mess.

Decisions, decisions.

If I had a solid backup hair style I'd press it & pray for low humidity, but roll with the punches regardless.

Tonto

Tonto Sorry to hear. Are you drinking tons of water? That may help get the MSM out of your system faster. Vitamin C also helps.
Yes MsDee14, I drink a lot of water and eat tons of fruits and veggies. Luckily, the break outs seem to be going away but never again. My bamboo leaf tea just came in the mail, I'm putting a lot of hope in it to make my skin look like before

Tonto

I thought sulfur/msm was good for the skin :wallbash: I'm sorry your dealing with this dear.

We're you taking the msm for hair growth? Have you considered applying it topically instead?
Yes I was taking it for growth but also to take some type of vitamins. My nails are growing like crazy though but my skin... they are actually pills instead of soft gels so should I grind them and add them to my DCs?

Tonto

Just received my bamboo leaf tea and my Sitrinillah - I ordered two packs of each- I am very excited! And I really hope my face goes back to having no break outs and no weird thing. I'd rather have a good looking skin than anything else. Hair is easy to "fix".

Jobwright

^^^^Maybe it's just my Whole Foods but when I couldn't find any on the shelf, they said it did not sell well enough to keep it. I started to buy some Yes to Carrots but they only had the big bottle and didn't want to spend $10+ for something I was not sure would work well for me. So I am still on the hunt for an excellent DC without a lot of "stuff" that in it...

Went to Whole Goods in the next city over today between work stops and picked up the Aubrey Organics. So it was just my local Whole Foods that stopped selling it. I purchased the shampoo and condish so I will try it out once I get out from under the dryer with this honey in my hair. Kinda excited! I bought the honeysuckle kind...

HanaKuroi

Jobwright said:
Went to Whole Goods in the next city over today between work stops and picked up the Aubrey Organics. So it was just my local Whole Foods that stopped selling it. I purchased the shampoo and condish so I will try it out once I get out from under the dryer with this honey in my hair. Kinda excited! I bought the honeysuckle kind...
AO shampoo is harsh! Take it back.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Jobwright

AO shampoo is harsh! Take it back.

The AO Honeysuckle shampoo was a little harsh. I didn't see your post until now. Thanks for the heads up though! But the condish, OH MY!!!!! It was awesome!!!!!! I noticed after the fact that I bought AO Island condish not the honeysuckle but it must have been a gift from the Devine because it made my hair soooooooo soft and detangled with perfect ease! I dc'ed with it for about 15 minutes under the dryer. I loved it so much that I used a tiny bit as a leave in over Vatika oil. Roller set and under the dryer now.

I don't shampoo often but what poo would you suggest. I have As I Am clarifier and ORS for chelating. For in between cowashes, what would you suggest is a good moisturizing poo?

My hair is sooooo soft, I may need to use Aphogee Green Tea spray this week to bring a little firmness back. I'll see after tomorrow eve. Still learning the moisture protein balance thing...

JaneBond007

Feeling I made a mistake, bought the strongest strength Nairobi because that was the only one that size and more economical at the O. No Avlon there now. I hope this relaxer is fresh and not old. I guess I could doctor it with oils to buffer it a bit. I should have just paid the extra and gone to Sleekhair...but we had to order something else and I was trying to get in ont he free shipping and 10% discount.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Lol. Yes, I meant AT 8 weeks. I think the standard is 10-12 weeks but people stretch to 12-16 weeks when they want to stretch.

There is nothing wrong with 8 weeks. There is someone on here who I believe stated she relaxes every 8 weeks, but the recommendation is after 8 weeks to promote thickness, health and not have chemicals eating through your hair faster than you can retain it. If you can take care of it, then do it. It's not a crime, its just something most may not practice. Doesn't mean it cannot be done.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

LexiDior

Im about to cut this crap off my head!! I rather be bald, taking care of my hair is so hard. I look around at other people who have long hair and want it but It feels like its never going to come. I do so much, DCing, washing, PCing and it still breaks and sheds. I watch my protein and moisture and I even take vitamins. I should see a bunch of hair on my shoulders after I comb. What else do I have to do??????

HanaKuroi

LexiDior said:
Im about to cut this crap off my head!! I rather be bald, taking care of my hair is so hard. I look around at other people who have long hair and want it but It feels like its never going to come. I do so much, DCing, washing, PCing and it still breaks and sheds. I watch my protein and moisture and I even take vitamins. I should see a bunch of hair on my shoulders after I comb. What else do I have to do??????

You may have to change your products and regimen. Shampoo can be drying. Some people's hair rejects cones and breaks and sheds.

You may want to add tea rinsing, henna or ayurdevic powders.

Don't give up. There is a thread for struggling naturals. I can't remember exactly what it is called.

JosieLynn

i am usually really good with my hair but every so often i get a rough patch of time where my hair doesnt want to cooperate, and that's when i usually get sick of it and put it up in a protective styles like braid extensions....trying not to do that this time around....but the temptation is so strong

Killahkurlz

Don't cut! If u do ull never know what could have been. Never give up! U could b right in the verge of a break through!!

naija24

Cutting your hair and starting over doesn't automatically guarantee that you'll suddenly have a better chance of growing your hair long. Trust me!! Better to figure out the problem and change up your regimen now.

I wish I just joined LHCF before cutting all my hair off. I would have been back to full SL by now. :(

Fortunately I should be back to my pre-BC length by October or so.

naija24

Ahhh I see. Im not lucky enough to have NG @ 8 weeks like some of these other lucky ladies. Lol

I have too much thick *** new growth after 8 weeks which is why I am have a hard time contemplating a stretch or transition. I'm aiming for at least a twelve week stretch and if I can handle that I'm going to go forward with my transition to natural.

I just want thick straight hair. The lady I usually go to for relaxers does it too strong and I lost all my volume.

Monaleezza

Random thought: I want long hair without having to do the work to achieve it! Help me.

I forget to tie my hair when I lay on the sofa or go to bed at night. Especially when I'm having whoowhoo with the hubby!

I have hair growth vitamins, but I forget to take them most days.

I do moisturise and seal. I even henna. But I have no specific products that I swear by and no regime that I stick to!

My hair is the longest it's ever been at bsl!! Although I'm doing nothing to stop it, I'm scared it'll all fall out soon!! Aargh! I have no solution for my self made problem!!
Utter laziness!!

kandiekj100

My goal is to keep these crochet kinky twists in until the end of the month. I was so excited, thinking after this month is up, I'll be 6 months post and can finally relax. However I realized I still would about 3-4 weeks to go. I know I can still relax at the end of the month, but I already told myself I was going to go 6 months, so that's what I'm going to do.

So, all I have to do is figure out what I will do to my once I take out my current style.
I was thinking of doing the crochet again, but instead doing a curly style. I've been looking all through yt and seems the hair that's like 3c/4a type hair really works well with crochet. You can't really see the knots at all if you do it right.

Anakinsmomma

I'm back at the length I was before I met the SHS! :woot:

I just spent two hits flat ironing my hair to see how long it is and it's reverting already :cry: I guess I'll never be able to get swangin straight hair at home. Then again, I didn't roller set first so.....

I'm in that limbo between SL and APL. Probably be here til next year lol.

Beany

Anxiously awaiting my new steamer. Contemplating buying HH Grow Wild and mixing it with a good olive oil

Killahkurlz

Cutting your hair and starting over doesn't automatically guarantee that you'll suddenly have a better chance of growing your hair long. Trust me!! Better to figure out the problem and change up your regimen now.

I wish I just joined LHCF before cutting all my hair off. I would have been back to full SL by now. :(

Fortunately I should be back to my pre-BC length by October or so.

Oh gosh me too!!! I definitely would have transitioned longer.