Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I don't know about all that, but if I helped in any small way that makes me happy! :hugs:

I can't wait until next year to see where your hair is at! Your transformation has been so exciting for me and DD. I am so happy for you. You were consistent and patient. I admire that and I hope other struggling ladies see you as a role model and inspiration.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y
TOtally agree with you HanaKuroi! It's been amazing watch faithVA get on it with her regimen and persevere!

:scratchchin: Almost out of AO BC. Might spring for the Rose Mosqueta if it doesnt have any allergens it in...Oooo!:lick:

EnExitStageLeft

I was in walmart today browsing in the hair aisle and a lady asked what I was about to buy. I pointed to V05 and she gave me the blankest stare I ever seen. She then explained to me that my hair will fall out because those products were for "Them white folk". I asked her to recommend me something and you know what she recommended? Luster Pink. :look:

...I walked away giggling :yep:.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I was in walmart today browsing in the hair aisle and a lady asked what I was about to buy. I pointed to V05 and she gave me the blankest stare I ever seen. She then explained to me that my hair will fall out because those products were for "Them white folk". I asked her to recommend me something and you know what she recommended? Luster Pink. :look:

I hate Luster's. I swear it calamine lotion, just relabeled!

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess

Wowuh........!!!!!!!

LivingInPeace

Had a dream that I devided to go to a salon to get my hair trimmed. I got home and couldn't figure out why my hair looked so different. Then I realized she had cut my almost BSL hair to neck length and had relaxed it. I looked at the back what I thought was an unusually large part was an oozing, bloody chemical burn. I went back to the salon to confront her. She said she assumed I wanted a relaxer and that she needed to even up my hair.

Well I ended up on the news because of the disturbance I caused:blush: I didn't want to leave the house because my hair looked so limp and lifeless and most of it was gone. And I realized I was going to have to start lurking in the relaxed threads to get help.

ManiiSweetheart

Had a dream that I devided to go to a salon to get my hair trimmed. I got home and couldn't figure out why my hair looked so different. Then I realized she had cut my almost BSL hair to neck length and had relaxed it. I looked at the back what I thought was an unusually large part was an oozing, bloody chemical burn. I went back to the salon to confront her. She said she assumed I wanted a relaxer and that she needed to even up my hair.

Well I ended up on the news because of the disturbance I caused:blush: I didn't want to leave the house because my hair looked so limp and lifeless and most of it was gone. And I realized I was going to have to start lurking in the relaxed threads to get help.

Woow that dream sounds a little too real ...I'm getting nervous just reading about it

ChasingBliss

Got a wash and set a few days ago. When the stylist was blowing out my natural (for the first time since the big chop) hair, I noticed how thick, full, long and even my crown was. During the decades with a relaxer, my crown NEVER looked like that. It was alway thin, short broken and uneven...even when the rest of my hair reached waist length a few years back. It always looked horrible.

I'm amazed at how full to the very ends my entire head of hair is. I realized that relaxing really jacked my poor head up.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I think I'm ready to go back to my natural blonde hair color....getting tired of using henna.....think I'll go get an Aveda color consult. Color my hair and then let my roots grow out.

havilland

Wont be renewing my subscription this year. Hopefully I get to HL by Dec before I go though.

U will be missed. Thanks for letting us know! :(

There are so many ladies that disappear and don't tell anyone so we don't get a chance to say goodbye.

Good luck with your hair goals. I wish u all the best. ;)

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Last edited:

Jobwright

This is depressing. I came here to be motivated to see and do better, to learn, share and grow together. What the world! I don't care what hair type, hair texture, color, chemical or whatnot, whatever. If you figured it out, help me. And if I can help somebody, I pray God bless me to do that. The way to win is to win. Don't let anybody beat you out of your blessing or stop you from being a blessing. The nastiness, wherever it may come from, will be moved out of my way and yours if you stay on the right path. I WILL WIN every time, all the time. The hard part is not winning, it's waiting for the win that is so hard. Chin up ladies! This forum is what WE make it. Put positivity out there and that's what it will be. Now...lets grow some super healthy beautiful kinky, curly, straight, natural, relaxed, texlaxed hair!!!!

faithVA

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];18838161]TOtally agree with you HanaKuroi! It's been amazing watch faithVA get on it with her regimen and persevere!

:scratchchin: Almost out of AO BC. Might spring for the Rose Mosqueta if it doesnt have any allergens it in...Oooo!:lick:

Thank You ladies.

DarkJoy, have you tried the Swimmer's Conditioner? I want to try that next. I think I have tried all of the rest.

faithVA

The cattiness can be annoying but the same strategy of avoiding it in real life work here as well. I just try to roll around it when I see it coming. I also tend to notice who is who and let them talk to themselves. I am learning to just not respond as if they are speaking to me. But if I ever reach my goal I'm not sure I would stay around, but we will see. I may be a master of oversight by then :lol:

havilland

Cant say I even blame you. People werent THIS open for the disdain for relaxheads in the past,. wonder who pissed in the bowl of Cheerios.

anyway currently under the steamer with SSI Avacado

I'm natural (now) and I still LOVE relaxed hair. I love healthy hair. I JUST LOVE HAIR.

I guess I came late and didn't experience any disdain here while I was relaxed or maybe I just don't notice it because I tend to ignore negativity and keep it moving.

But to all my relaxed sisters who are feeling unloved and unwelcome I'm sending you ALL some of my love because I appreciate each and every one of u!

I just don't get why we have to divide.....over differences in hair style..... Jeesh....can't we just live and let live?

I hope everyone doesn't start bailing when they hit their goals. It was invaluable to me when I was a newbie to see veterans and be able to learn from them.

Embyra

Spent half the day looking up curly cuts ....

image-3922454303.jpg

Then found shai ameil on Instagram and want to slit my wrist FML.!! these crappy London natural stylist :-/

Last edited: