Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Anticipatience08

I've been slacking this week...got a lot going on. Hopefully, I don't get a slap on the wrist tomorrow when I go see my stylist!

I did at least DC twice (didn't mean to), and I have been keeping my hair moisturized--but not on the level I normally do.

naija24

You are so dang pretty! You know the type of pretty girls who are just naturally pretty & dont need makeup as an enhancement? You're that type of pretty. ;)

Are you transitioning? Ya know, I think short cuts look great on you. Im afraid if you grow longer hair it will make you blend in with every other chic & hide your pretty face. :(

My goodness! Thank you. I'm so flattered.

Yes I've had friends who said they don't like long hair on me. I don't even like long hair on me. I prefer SL and maybe i will see if I can get to APL but that's my limit. I only want hair long enough and full enough to pull back into buns or banana clips :D

Aiming for December for when I can start doing that again.

DrC

OH MY GOSH. I HATE MY HAIR RIGHT NOW!! I'M READY TO FIGHT!! F:censored:K YOU HAIR. JUST.... F:censored:K....YOU.

SherylsTresses

Darn high blood pressure meds seem to have taken half the volume of my hair. Wish doctors would've told me earlier to just exercise regularly and avoid such medication. :ohwell:

Holla

Lately, I've been flat ironing weekly for the straighter look. Not sure how long I can do this without a setback. I'm prepooing, pooing, and dcing with heat. I'm even using longhairdontcare2011 method of flat ironing larger sections to hopefully get less damage. I want to flat iron 3 weeks and bun the other week. I hope this works out for me.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Lately, I've been flat ironing weekly for the straighter look. Not sure how long I can do this without a setback. I'm prepooing, pooing, and dcing with heat. I'm even using longhairdontcare2011 method of flat ironing larger sections to hopefully get less damage. I want to flat iron 3 weeks and bun the other week. I hope this works out for me.

Longhairdontcare2011 actually said that? That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. o_O

whit923

These mini twists were the best idea ever! I am having so much fun styling them up. Thinking of doing twists for the rest of the year. We shall see.

shasha8685

Taking these braids out 4 days shy of 2 months. It's looking like I have some good retention and it's making me anxious to do a length check.

But, no heat will touch my hair until next month at the earliest....

Holla

Longhairdontcare2011 actually said that? That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. o_O

Yes she did. She said it in some video on YT. Something about how a three strand cord it not easily broken so the more hair you have in between the plates, the less heat damaged strands you'll have. I can see it in theory and I tried it yesterday. My hair was puffy straight (read: big hair) and not relaxer looking straight so I'll have to get used to that. :ohwell:

Given that the chick's natural hair is down to her butt, I'm willing to try it a few more times. :look:

ScorpioBeauty09

I'm getting Senegalese twists in 2 weeks and I'm so excited! My hair gets an extended break from the heat and I can still wear it the way I want. :) In other news, my hair LOVES Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition. :)

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I haven't used shamoo in ages and did tonight; I can't believe how horrible the poo feels when on and I can't believe that I use to believe that the stripped feeling felt nice:perplexed:

naija24

FINALLY i have enough hair in the back to pull back into a banana clip. granted, my hair in the clip is weak as hell and barely shows but whatever! progress! my sides still need to catch up so i have to use bobby pins but i'm still really happy that now I have TWO whole styles to do with my hair -- down and clipped back.

also, my ends are rough and my comb doesn't glide through it like hte rest of my hair. i'll have my bff trim me up tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

MrsMelodyV

My twists are looking rough. My hubby doesn't seem impressed with me locking myself in the house for the weekend to pamper my hair. I guess I'll tolerate my hair until next weekend.

Tonto

It seems like sealing my hair with oil after my DC (after I leave my hair for about an hour under a shirt) was a very good idea! I experience less knotting and tangles.
My sister and I bought 2 bottles of the Trader Joe's Tee tree Conditioner and the Shampoo...my sister doesn't like neither one. I'm praying my hair will like it. I'm almost out of conditioner and I only have my jars of Sitrinillah - that I don't want to finish that soon-. I'm losing track of my hair, I don't even remember when I washed it... I think I will go back to having a hair journal.

Renewed1

That's it!!! I'm going to perm my hair STRAIGHT with no curl definition what so ever in two months!

I am tired of dealing with puffy hair as a natural and now as a texlaxed!

shasha8685

Did a bootleg length check (I stretched my hair to see where it is) and it looks like I'm at MBL. This reaffirms my thoughts about braids being the best protective style for me when I am trying to retain as much length as possible. Wigs are a close second in the retention game and buns are dead last.

Fine 4s

My yummy whipped Shea butter! Love it!!!!!! I stare at it all day #weirdo

Attachments

• image-3953999981.jpg
    image-3953999981.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 44

FelaShrine

Komaza sent an email that they got my hair same and will be calling to make an appt in 2 weeks

hopefully its shorter than that. cant wait to find out the analysis and where I should go from there

lovely_locks

I know I only BC'D about 6 weeks ago, but my hair looks the same! No growth nothing! I know it is hard to see growth on natural hair, and the fact that my hair grows out and not down...UGH!