Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Im finally starting to "get" my hair. After 1 year of trial and error I figured it out. My hair loves moisture and protein. Olive oil gives me softness and shine. Straight/stretched hair means no breakage or knots. Celie braids are my best bet under my wigs. I wish I had learned these things about my hair sooner. I spent a lot of money on products, but all I really needed was aloe vera juice, glycerin and olive oil

I'm officially done with bantu knots, yesterday it was perfectly curled and pretty except one part, today it looks a mess. im glad i didn't have to go anywhere. i will stick to twist and braids with perm rods at the end

I'm officially done with bantu knots, yesterday it was perfectly curled and pretty except one part, today it looks a mess. im glad i didn't have to go anywhere. i will stick to twist and braids with perm rods at the end

Dang I just put some in my hair... I hope the turn out ok

I'm so frustrated with my hair. I've been here for yeeeeaaaaars and haven't made any significant progress. When I moved to TX last year, my hair broke off bad. I never got over it. :(

That year of wigs thinned out my edges a bit, but its been about 5 months and I'm happy to say theyre about 90-95% recovered :yep:

I want to do a corrective relaxer in 8 weeks. I really botched the one I did last week. Right, this is my last moan about that. Moving on.

I forgot how cute french rolls look on me :) For some reason they really flatter my face. I'm going to give my buns a break for a few days and go back to wearing french rolls for awhile. I think bunning makes me look a little harsh at times anyway.

I'm 11 weeks post now and my hair feels "okay." It is soft and fairly detangled, but it looks pretty frizzy for some reason. I think even though it's soft, it's not necessarily "moisturized" at its fullest potential. I suspect that deep conditioner isn't cutting it....my hair shouldn't look frizzy less than 48 hours after DCing. I love their leave-in, so I'm planning on buying the NTM Deep Conditioner Mask in March :lick:

Having a love/hate relationship with these braids. Sometimes and with some outfits they look great and I want to keep them for the full 8 weeks. Other times I'm just fed up and miss my hair.

I wasn't planning to go to Walmart today, and I wasn't planning to buy hair products. How did I come back with a shampoo, conditioner, and DC :look:. I got L'Oreal Power Moisture shampoo and conditioner, and the Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm. If I end up really liking these, I'm going to be a little irritated that this line doesn't have a leave-in.

I moved from Jackson, MS. I have no idea if I have hard water or not. After a month of being here in Houston, my hair was so badly broken that I had to cut it from beyond APL to NL. :(

TopNotch

I'm on my phone right now, or I'd look it up, but I'm thinking if you buy a filtered shower head and a chelating poo that your hair will snap back.

I just bought the Joico K Pak Clarifying Poo, because it chelates as well.

It came highly recommended because it doesn't make your hair feel stripped like most clarifying/ chelating poos. Which is what I loved about my discontinued poo.

Are you a salon head or DYI'er?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

topnotch1010 said:
I moved from Jackson, MS. I have no idea if I have hard water or not. After a month of being here in Houston, my hair was so badly broken that I had to cut it from beyond APL to NL. :(

Houston has hard water. At least from what I remember.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Last edited:
topnotch1010

Normally, when people move and their hair and/or skin goes from sugar to something that rhymes with it, :lol: it's the water. Unless, your Reggie changed.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

i always want to try new styles but when i think that it takes me a hour to do simple stuff i end up just doing a twist out and braid out

Washed my braids again tonight. Some hair around the braids were REALLY soft and short and curly. Hopefully its NG and not breakage (it didnt look like breakage but you know). Just wet them and did a cowash. Hoping to keep them in for a month...so far I have had them in for a week. Most likely will have to go through and rebraid soon...mostly just around the edges and redo some larger portions. I may just keep my hair in braids until it gets warm again. Its so much easier to deal with in this cold boston weather.

i will get back to apl this year

I never realized how fine my strands are until I got a bit more length! When I was relaxed all I heard was how thick my hair was. In comparison to my mom who has thicker strands, but not a thick head of hair. I was waiting and expecting this massively thick long hair, and have to accept that what I see is what I'll get!

Not upset, just a realization!

I like cleansing, DCing and detangling my hair. I hate styling my hair :nono: I think it is why I dread wash days. :nono: Maybe with more length, next year will be better.

Back