Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
TopNotch

I'm on my phone right now, or I'd look it up, but I'm thinking if you buy a filtered shower head and a chelating poo that your hair will snap back.

I just bought the Joico K Pak Clarifying Poo, because it chelates as well.

It came highly recommended because it doesn't make your hair feel stripped like most clarifying/ chelating poos. Which is what I loved about my discontinued poo.

Are you a salon head or DYI'er?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

topnotch1010

Normally, when people move and their hair and/or skin goes from sugar to something that rhymes with it, :lol: it's the water. Unless, your Reggie changed.

oh wow! that's a major difference

Yeah, tell me about it. :( It's been a year and I'm still in mourning.

I'm a DIY but I'm a licensed stylist. I pulled out all of the stops to try to save it, babied my hair, clarified, bunned, moisturized twice a day, and couldn't save it. It's grown a little beyond CBL but that's nowhere near what it was. :(

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
topnotch1010

Whew! Girl, I'm happy you're a licensed stylist! You know what to do to resuscitate your mane.

But, run :cowgirl: to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a shower filter to help bring it back to life!

Let me know if it helps, after you use it to cleanse a few times.

cynd

Never say never. I've gone from hating the idea of wearing a wig, to buying and not wearing wigs, to sitting here obsessively tracking a wig that's being shipped from CHINA! Never woulda thought it.

ckisland

I have to learn to be gentle when blowdrying. Also, detangling again, right before blowdrying, is a must!! I also need to figure out what kind of heat schedule I can be on because I do love the change. I'm toying with the idea of twice a month, or once a month and seeing how long my hair can last before washing again :look:. I dunno. Once I touch up 4-6 weeks from now, I'll probably keep heat to a once every 3 months thing. I got length goals to meet :yep:.

I'm so happy with my progress!!! I'm definitely going to start taking pics every month or two, like that youtube video that was posted. It's a great idea :yep:. There's also 10 more months left in the year. That means a possible 5 more inches of growth!!!! Oh I am so excited :grin:

Last edited:

ckisland

ckisland

Are you going to stay relaxed? I though you were going to get locs in a few months.
For now, I want to stay relaxed and enjoy seeing my length :yep:. I was strongly considering locs because I was frustrated with how my relaxed hair came out. It wasn't what I was expected, so I couldn't imagine continuing with the process. Also I had remnants of Natural Hair Guilt :lol:, so I felt bad for not having my "real" hair :rolleyes:. Yeah, I'm glad I'm over that :grin:. Then the more I thought about locs, and paid more attention to the one's I saw in person. I realized that they fascinate me for a few minutes and then my mind wanders elsewhere :lol:.

Frizzyb

Ok so I've had a lot of shedding these last 2 or 3 months. Was at apl my first mini goal and dang proud of it!!! Whhhhyyyy did I just measure and I've lost 2 to 3 inches!!!! I am soooo through right now. One step foward 3 steps back can anything just anything not give me grief right now??? I know it's just hair but dang I want results. I bet you this I'm throwing that bottle of sulphur oil away. Just didn't work for me

SuchaLady

I cant wait to do my hair like this!

Lilmama1011

Just got the s curl no drip. I like how it sprays and that it's has slip. I feel like i lost less hair being that I have 9 weeks of new growth. Next time I will part and add some so that it can pen et rate even more, who knows it might make me lose even less hair

Lilmama1011

My hair is so much thicker now, it feels great to say that. I dampen my hair with my conditioner, oil and water mixture, moisturizer and seal and comb it thoroughly through and my relaxed hair looks like blow dried natural hair, I LOVE IT!!!!

Last edited:

ChasingBliss

All I have to say is that men's rogaine is NO JOKE for the edges. I have been using it since October of 2013 (morn and evening) and I began to see results before the 4 month mark. And it is so not true about it not working for hairline. YES IT DOES. Im just mad I hesitated for a year prior to my derm telling me to use it before considering other options.

Ogoma

All I have to say is that men's rogaine is NO JOKE for the edges. I have been using it since October of 2013 (morn and evening) and I began to see results before the 4 month mark. And it is so not true about it not working for hairline. YES IT DOES. Im just mad I hesitated for a year prior to my derm telling me to use it before considering other options.

Interesting. I might get it to fill in my over-plucked eyebrows.

Aviah

Three weeks in, 3 (or 5) weeks to go. I'm going to try to make it 5 and get an inch out of these braids. Might get more growth if this sulfur mix kicks in like it did for so many others.

Ogoma

Tamanu oil smells foul. Foul, foul, foul. I am going to keep using it on my legs at night and my spots, but definitely not on hair that I am not washing off daily. It is haunting me.

oneastrocurlie

This PBN Moisture Milk and Hair Butter have my hair soft and shiny. Now why do I have alllll this other stuff.

Oh yes. I'm a recovering pj.

JosieLynn

I just might be a wig addict. But they're just so easy and let me change up my style in minutes. I'm in love lol I think I might just wig it til WSL

Lilmama1011

The conditioner made my hair soft but something made my hair feel strange after. I don't know if it was the curling souffle or the s curl. While combing my hair it felt almost clean , hopefully it doesn't feel that way tomorrow and I hope it dry tomorrow and I don't have to sit under the dryer, I hate the dryer. Even when deep conditioning I'm like so moody

Lilmama1011

I tried something different with detangling today and I lost a little less than normal. I usually comb the conditioner in and then go under the dryer or let it sit. This time after Co washing I applied it with out combing it through so the conditioner would take first and then detangled and styled. I didn't like it because I don't like taming it before styling, but I might have to do that because I did lose less hair

Lissa0821

I have a love hate relationship with trimming my hair. I hate even seeing any of my hair being cut off but I love the smoothness and fullness I get once I am done. My curls pop again. I still have several inches of no lye relaxer ends from using Mizani I will be so happy when they are completely gone.

Embyra

I can't take it!!!
I haven't been hair shopping since before October I can't take it anymore !!!!!

Come this Friday I'm going all in I already have my stuff lined up in my basket ready to go!!