Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

shasha8685

This is the new wig. Still trying to determine how I feel about it.

ForumRunner_20140301_174037.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140301_174049.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140301_174049.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 24

TraciChanel

Are cornrows the same as "canerows"? If so, who calls cornrows canerows? Is it a east coast, west coast thing? I'm east coast, btw. And we say cornrows. Just wondering :) :look:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Are cornrows the same as "canerows"? If so, who calls cornrows canerows? Is it a east coast, west coast thing? I'm east coast, btw. And we say cornrows. Just wondering :) :look:

TraciChanel They're the same thing. We call them cornrows in Colorado, too. I was told previously that people in the SE and Caribbean grow sugar, not corn thus the difference in terminology.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

veesweets

Im thinking the best time to slow down on hair purchases is between July (after independence day) and black friday. There doesn't seem to be as many sales to tempt me during that time. Couple back to school/Halloween/random sales here and there, but they usually aren't that big since companies are preparing (well..they SHOULD be preparing :look: ) for the black friday madness. First half of the year is almost impossible.

I mean I'm basically doing a no buy now but thats only because fitness stuff and travel plans hijacked my funds. Its a cake walk when you're broke :lol:

DivineNapps1728

I want to invest in a splitender because I will trim inches without a second thought until after I've cut, but I fear it doesn't trim enough.

My fine hair is prone to splits & I've gotta stay on top of them. I don't like the fact that a replacement blade is just about half the price of the tool though.

KweenBeeDiva

I refuse to have struggle hair this year. I came to this realization after I spent 3 hrs. washing, detangling and blow drying my hair yesterday. This means: no more wash-and-goes, sleeping on my hair w/out bonnet, being lazy with moisturizing and trimming.

I went to the salon today and watched 2in. of progress cut away because I got lazy. I then took it out on my hair last night because it got tangled from the mess I created. The struggle was real in my bathroom last night, trying to get the knots and tangles out. I gave up. So now I sit here with hair 2in. shorter, BUT my hair IS healthier than it was last year.

I know now what I have to do to reach my goal of BSL. My main focus now it keeping my ends moisturized.

HanaKuroi

mcgheeola said:
Washed my hair with Aubrey Honey Suckle Rose shampoo.I I'm 14 months in my transition but the shampoo had my hair in knots.I think that ill cowash to see if that helps.

The Aubrey shampoos are all terrible except the swimmers shampoo. Stick to the conditioners only.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Lilmama1011

I have never experienced a moisturizer so moisturizing like s curl. It guess when I apply it, I need to do several perm rods or flexi rods because my hair never drys into a curl, it looks like wet a d wavy hair but it's not wet, it's like when I touch it feels kind of cold like it can be wet but not wet to touch, just weird. My hair stays moist . Tonight I just applied oil and didn't feel like i was even close to feeling like I should moisturize. My relaxed and new growth is very soft

nerdography

I find that I'm no longer interested in hair like I used to be. I haven't even looked at or bought any hair products since December.

I've been natural, relaxed, and texlaxed. Long and short. The only thing I haven't done to my hair is dye it. But, that doesn't sound interesting at the moment. Oh well, I'm just going to focus one the health of my hair and not worry about length.

I guess since I've reached my goal of hip length my over all interest is gone.

Lilmama1011

I find that I'm no longer interested in hair like I used to be. I haven't even looked at or bought any hair products since December.

I've been natural, relaxed, and texlaxed. Long and short. The only thing I haven't done to my hair is dye it. But, that doesn't sound interesting at the moment. Oh well, I'm just going to focus one the health of my hair and not worry about length.

You betta go do a style that us short to medium length can't do and be grateful :rollseyes: lol

Lilmama1011

She had the nerve to throw in she is hip length :rollseyes: real hard

Ogoma

^^^ I was about to reply 'I agree'. Until I read 'hip length' and decided to stay in my lane. :lol: Chile you have earned the right to lose interest in your hair.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I find that I'm no longer interested in hair like I used to be. I haven't even looked at or bought any hair products since December. I've been natural, relaxed, and texlaxed. Long and short. The only thing I haven't done to my hair is dye it. But, that doesn't sound interesting at the moment. Oh well, I'm just going to focus one the health of my hair and not worry about length. I guess since I've reached my goal of hip length my over all interest is gone.
:thud: wowzers

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

The hayle? You know what?! :look:

Anyway, I'd need picture proof of that statement. :lick:

Lilmama1011

Thinking about doing my hair tomorrow. I usually wash in Saturday but I washed last week Monday so I am waiting a full week but want to wash now but don't want to commit staying in the house

Aviah

Getting way too caught up on length. I can't keep these in for another 4 weeks, I haven't trimmed in at least three months and need to let my hair rest between long term styles. Its way easier to apply my sulfur mix while in PSs but its not worth the crappy end's I'll have.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I have a feeling I will not be getting my new Camille Rose products in time before I install my next protective style, which is this Saturday. :(