Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

growingbrown

I'm needing a change.... I am about to color my hair at the end of the week. Highlights only. I hope it turns out right. Wish me luck.

spellinto

I was trying to squeeze in a deep conditioning session for awhile now. I finally found a chance to condition tonight. I feel so much more relaxed :yawn: I think deep conditioning is a bit therapeutic for me :lol:

toaster

Can you dry a wash and go underneath a Pibbs? I know you can dry your hair under a hooded dryer but I'm worried about the upward flow. They wouldn't send a hairnet with the dryer if you could just sit underneath it... right?

DivineNapps1728

I just watched a hair vid on YouTube & now I have the craziest urge to dc && play in my hair. I must resist !

Seems like HIH disease in on the rise for some reason though

AryaStarr258

I wish I would have thought about this whole going natural thing a little bit better.

If I had, I wouldn't have relaxed the 8 months of new growth I had back in December.

Oh well. [Pretends to know what to do with 1 inch of hair]

KinkyRN

After seeing so many people rave about the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie for moisture I am trying to figure out why I don't have any.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I did a two step treatment and hopped in an out of the shower three times yesterday! A girl can only be so clean. Jeesh!

My hair is happy though....she just oughta be.

Tonto

One month and 1/4 before I remove that sew in. My scalp is so itchy! I'm going to wash my hair this week end and take my time while doing it.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
When did carols daughter come to target? I rarely get to target so I wouldn't know. The prices are much cheaper than a few years ago and the packaging is totally changed.

Lilmama1011

bout to wash and henna my hair and deep condition after. its been sitting over night for 11 hours it should stain real nicely

FollicleFanatic

Whenever SO and I are watching a movie or tv he either asks 'is that a hat' (wig) or turns to me with a questioning look until I tell him if it's real hair, wig or weave. If he guesses correct he's like YES! Like he won something smh.

I have created a monster.

tapioca_pudding

I wanna be natural NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Like NOW. I don't wanna wait a year.

I also don't want a TWA again, so....... yeah. Here we go.

THinking about getting Sen.twists to get me through a couple months here and there. Plus I workout every morning and Im so tired of wearing a boring ponytail; with the twists I could do some styles.

Lilmama1011

i don't see how some could do henna every week or two weeks, this process takes to long. im doing 4hrs instead of 5 and still have to deep condition, i will be under the dryer for 15 min instead of a 1hr without heat deep conditioning session

ImanAdero

When did carols daughter come to target? I rarely get to target so I wouldn't know. The prices are much cheaper than a few years ago and the packaging is totally changed.

They put it on Instagram like.. Yesterday! So it's brand new.

It's good to know the price is much lower though!

Lilmama1011

dang i used a half bottle of a new v05, my hair looks different like smoother. my hair don't feel dry it feels ok so about to deep condition

Lilmama1011

im glad i found a Indian store so i can pay under 3 dollars for my henna so which means i can three every months like clock work lol. next time SO helping me or doing it himself, its a long process. i wonder if i will see a difference in color since i let it release color for like 12 hrs

Smiley79

you just did it today?Smiley79 if so we are henna twins, just rinsed it out about to deep condition

No, I did it Saturday overnight into Sunday. And this time I used coconut milk with my Nupur 9 henna....all I can say is wow. My hair feels fuller, stronger and a little softer, and my curl/wave pattern seems a bit more defined. Henna is very time consuming but its worth every minute.

naija24

my curlies are finally popping out. so happy!! i'm kind of anxious about stretching. i know i can do 8-10 weeks comfortably but I am also itching to stretch because I saw such awesome growth from doing so. stretching being 16 weeks.

I think avoiding heat is helping a lot. Also avoiding salons. I don't really mind as much that my hair isn't salon perfect after every wash either.

PRAYING that I finally reach my coveted goal of shoulder length by Memorial Day!! I only need 1.5 more inches.

I'm APL in 4 more inches. DYING. WILL TAKE FOREVER

Lilmama1011

Lilmama1011 how are you liking henna so far?
My biggest annoyance with it is the rinsing out part, lol. It seems never-ending.

I like the outcome . It makes my hair look healthier, that last time I did it I believe it was November or December but I was too lazy to order. The whole process is long. Sitting it out for hours waiting for the color to release, applying this thick henna on my hair, waiting another 4 to 5 hours, it's just a very long process for me. And rinsing is crazy. When I do look wile I'm rinsing it's henna all over in the tub Smiley79

Smiley79

Lol yea I hear you. But let me tell you this joke! My hair seems to have gotten darker sine henna. That's strange weird because I expected some sort of color change. Oh well.

Yes the time issue is major, lol.