Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I was probably a little overambitious for my first time...mine are medium sized with regular kanekalon hair, but they are really long. Like hip length. That's part of why I think it's taking so long...that and I'm doing the invisible roots method, instead of starting with a braid, which is easier to put in but harder to take down.

I've also heard that Havana twists are faster to install. Probably because they are big, so you don't have to put in so many to create fullness. You also don't have to work so hard to blend the hair, if you're natural. it would probably be a safer bet than senegalese twists. These things are surprisingly difficult smh.

Chaosbutterfly
Thank you for the tips! I'll be using kanekalon hair as well...I know most people do Havana twists with Marley hair but that hair just seems so itchy and rough looking....especially towards the ends. I prefer a more sleek and polished type look. The twists in this video is the exact look I'm going for...they just look like jumbo senegalese twists to me. lol

Let me know how yours turn out.:yep:

http://youtu.be/oHlqnPqr644

Last edited:

Babygrowth

Thinking of going straighter with my next relaxer and pulling it through the previously relaxed hair. I want to try this new CON eden relaxer but I'm a lye girl.

GettingKinky

Thinking of going straighter with my next relaxer and pulling it through the previously relaxed hair. I want to try this new CON eden relaxer but I'm a lye girl.

I want to go a bit straighter too, but I'm way to chicken to try and correct my previously relaxed hair. I'd have to reverse transition.

Babygrowth

I want to go a bit straighter too, but I'm way to chicken to try and correct my previously relaxed hair. I'd have to reverse transition.

I know what you mean. Its scary. I think about how much easier my hair used to be and watch all these YouTube vids of chicks with straighter relaxed hair and it makes me want to try.

Ogoma

I wonder if my hair is so much easier to deal with because it is longer or because I have been working with it longer so know it better.

Aviah

So I'm using the sulfur and MN mix almost daily. I thought I got a 1/4 inch in two weeks, but it seems like I got that in about three! I got excited thinking it was working, but that's average growth. A bit less in fact.

I hope my rough measuring is wrong!

Last edited:

ckisland

I wanted to go straighter too and just tried out the new Straight from Eden relaxer. I could not be happier with my results! I absolutely love this relaxer and it will be my go to from here on out. I touched up my new growth and re-relaxed the rest of my hair, and it's so much better now. Having very textured ends was a pain in the butt for me. If I'm going to be relaxed, I need my hair to be relaxed not kinda texlaxed :yep:.

I am feeling myself so hard :yay:!! Imma be a terror in these streets once I get some length on me!! :grin:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Chaosbutterfly
Thank you for the tips! I'll be using kanekalon hair as well...I know most people do Havana twists with Marley hair but that hair just seems so itchy and rough looking....especially towards the ends. I prefer a more sleek and polished type look. The twists in this video is the exact look I'm going for...they just look like jumbo senegalese twists to me. lol

Let me know how yours turn out.:yep:

http://youtu.be/oHlqnPqr644

lulu97, I finished last night at 5:45 am.
All in all, it's been 21 hours, including breaks.

I think it came out pretty well for the first time. Obviously, not as pretty as what a professional would do, but the money I saved and the fact that there's no pain afterwards make me not care about all the little imperfections lol.
For next time though, I will definitely part the sides smaller and try to go a little faster lmao.

I love jumbo twists with kanekalon! Let us know if you decide to go through with it!

Attachments

• st1.jpg
    st1.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 49
  • st3.jpg
    st3.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 53
  • st2.jpg
    st2.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

krissyhair

I washed, conditioned and styled my natural hair today. It's super soft and moisturized, but borderline greasy. I used an olive oil mix instead of my usual coconut oil mix. I shouldn't use anything on my hair but water to refresh for a few days.

I don't usually use olive on my hair. But my heater was broken, and I could barely get the frozen carmex out the tube to put on my lips. I wasn't even about to try scooping out coconut oil. I'd need a jackhammer.

spellinto

Wearing my hair in a half-up half-down style from a twist out today. It was challenging to work with because my poofy new growth makes my relaxed hair look lifted up and away from my scalp :lol:. I'm grateful that I have length and a little gravity on my side or it could have looked a lot worse.

I think out of all the low manipulation styles I know, braid outs are the easiest but my least favorite to wear. I like a really soft wave and braidouts, even with just two braids, give me more a zig-zag wave. Bantu knots give me more a glamorous wave, and twist outs are the middle ground. I want to start playing with my flexi rods again and see if I get any closer to a more romantic wave. I used them a lot last summer and loved the results.

Lilmama1011

I have to call pay pal and get my new card verified, because I had to do e check to restart my membership and it took forever. I kept seeing yal posts and wanting to respond so badly

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
So, I was on IG and accidentally discovered men have fake hairlines. There's some sort of process where they tattoo hair on the man's head. So interesting.

FollicleFanatic

So, I was on IG and accidentally discovered men have fake hairlines. There's some sort of process where they tattoo hair on the man's head. So interesting.

That's friggin weird. So what if they decide to shave their head and they still have a hair outline???

Lilmama1011

I just detangled my hair in preparation for my wash today and I'm seriously learning patience with my hair. And the method I use makes detangling a breeze. I really believe majority hair loss was just shedded hair and detangling in smaller sections helps a lot

Lilmama1011

I have to figure out how to clean this roots only applicator bottle. Only two combs out of ten work and the rest is clogged. I have tried clarifying shampoo and hot water

SweetlyCurly

My wash n go looks so weird today. Don't know why the left side if my hair shrinks up way more than my right side. It looks like I have a weird haircut.

Sholapie

My crown grows so fast! what is up with that? thinking of trying an onion hair mask that andreas hair posted recently (It's been around for a long time I know) most likely will not be bothered lol

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
That's friggin weird. So what if they decide to shave their head and they still have a hair outline???

FollicleFanatic, girl I could not sleep this morning and was on IG. I found some dude's page called Scalpa or something. They could really help Lebron. I am not sure how it works but it seems they create a natural hairline and tattoo. Looks 100% natural. I was floored. Now I'm going to be checking out dudes with Caesar's wondering if there's is natural. I think it's a great thing. It sucks to lose your hairline. :nono:

I think these men generally keep low haircuts anyway. And even for the ones that look like Kojak, it works. I just don't get it but it was so interesting. :lol:

1BalancedBeauty

I have an interview today but am more excited about going to Honey Fig afterwards (a natural hair store in the area) and picking up a Oyin Handmade shampoo bar and a moisturizing spritz if it's not too pricey. I HATE mark-ups.