Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Destiny9109

I know my leave out is going to be jacked up when I take this weave out, I blend that mug by any means necessary:lachen:.

That's terrible, I know:nono:
I'm trying to weave it up until at least bsl.

ckisland

The salon I went to sent me an email about a special they're having on weave installs and hair. Why did one of the clients look like she was wearing a damn hair coat?! :lachen: There is no reason to have that much weave on your head!!! I know it's been cold in GA, but bundling yourself in Brazilian hair is a bit extra :lachen:

Beany

I have bask silk and honey latte (southern tea scent) marinating in my hair (with a little tresemme) under a beanie while I run errands and it smells so good

melissa-bee

I'm not bothered about getting to belly button length any more.
If I can make it to full healthy BSL I'd be a satisfied woman.

Destiny9109

I can't believe all the money I've spent on expensive flatirons and blowdryer......they all make my hair smell burnt:sad:. Oddly I've gotten the best results with a Conair blowdryer and flatiron.

soulglo

My beloved qhemet ahc has gone missing and I can't find it anywhere. But for some reason I see all of my other products siiiggh

Holla

I'm scared of the yarn thing too! I have been wearing crochet braids styles with straight hair. But it also helps to have products from Nu-gro Natruals product line for protective styles. They have a good moisturizing kit for protective styles.

Despicable! To constantly promote YOUR hair care line as if it is some great product in various hair threads (including children hair threads)! Nu-Gro must be crap in a bottle if you are the only one promoting it. Some people have no shame!

Smiley79

I seriously can't believe how much Henna has turned the life of my hair around. It's amazing. Why didn't I start this years ago, lol.

LivingInPeace

Last night I mixed up some shea butter, aloe vera juice, argan oil, olive oil, castor oil and sunflower oil. I spritzed a little water on my hair and and sealed it with my mix. This morning my hair was so soft! Oh, and I put in dark chocolate and butter cream fragrance oils.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I have an entirely new level of respect for braiders. Yeah they be snatching out your edges and sometimes, they will talk bad about you or your hair in their language, but this is hard work.

Even the muscles in my elbows hurt lmao.

ChasingBliss

Last night I mixed up some shea butter, aloe vera juice, argan oil, olive oil, castor oil and sunflower oil. I spritzed a little water on my hair and and sealed it with my mix. This morning my hair was so soft! Oh, and I put in dark chocolate and butter cream fragrance oils.

I love the sound of this. I must try it. Shoot I didn't even know there were such fragrances.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I have an entirely new level of respect for braiders. Yeah they be snatching out your edges and sometimes, they will talk bad about you or your hair in their language, but this is hard work. Even the muscles in my elbows hurt lmao.

Chaosbutterfly What kind of braids are you installing? I have an appt May 1st to get my usual summer senegalese twists installed and all I keep thinking is that I will be 9 months pregnant and do not want to sit still for 8-9 hours for this!!! I also don't want to do them myself as I know it will still take me just as long. I was thinking of trying to self install some Havana twists. They are similar to my beloved senegalese twists but much bigger and I've watched a few youtube tutorials where ladies were saying it only took them 2 hours.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I have an entirely new level of respect for braiders. Yeah they be snatching out your edges and sometimes, they will talk bad about you or your hair in their language, but this is hard work. Even the muscles in my elbows hurt lmao.

Chaosbutterfly What kind of braids are you installing? I have an appt May 1st to get my usual summer senegalese twists installed and all I keep thinking is that I will be 9 months pregnant and do not want to sit still for 8-9 hours for this!!! I also don't want to do them myself as I know it will still take me just as long. I was thinking of trying to self install some Havana twists. They are similar to my beloved senegalese twists but much bigger and I've watched a few youtube tutorials where ladies were saying it only took them 2 hours.

I was probably a little overambitious for my first time...mine are medium sized with regular kanekalon hair, but they are really long. Like hip length. That's part of why I think it's taking so long...that and I'm doing the invisible roots method, instead of starting with a braid, which is easier to put in but harder to take down.

I've also heard that Havana twists are faster to install. Probably because they are big, so you don't have to put in so many to create fullness. You also don't have to work so hard to blend the hair, if you're natural. it would probably be a safer bet than senegalese twists. These things are surprisingly difficult smh.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Who keeps coming up with these crazy screen names and thanking these post?

If you have $$$ to waste by joining a forum, just to be offensive. I have some stuff I need that'll put your $$$ to better use...LCL Dryer and a Silk Dreams haul.

That way you'll be loved and appreciated around here, :yep:!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Who keeps coming up with these crazy screen names and thanking these post?

If you have $$$ to waste by joining a forum, just to be offensive. I have some stuff I need that'll put your $$$ to better use...LCL Dryer and a Silk Dreams haul.

That way you'll be loved and appreciated around here, :yep:!

MileHighDiva

I will add to that list, I need a Bask haul and a steamer. :lachen:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
DoDo

Girl, they will not have anymore $$$ to waste by the time we're through with em'!
:lol: :lachen: :lol:

Shoot I might as well upgrade to a Pibbs:look:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
So they are using crazy glue at the braiding salons now huh

Sat in the chair and watched as the braider proceeded to dot each spot where the customers hair ended. I guess it looks better than tying the end off so the braid doesnt unravel.

I wondered if the client even knew she was doing that.

NaturallyATLPCH

Sat in the chair and watched as the braider proceeded to dot each spot where the customers hair ended. I guess it looks better than tying the end off so the braid doesnt unravel.

I hate that. I got that done yeeeeeeears ago and the glue ended up coming undone and my braids unraveled.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

shawnyblazes

:perplexed:huh:

Crazy glue.

Wooooow. :censored::dighole:

They are just happily spreading baldness aren't they?

:whyme:

SweetlyCurly

Thought I was done with henna but needed to deal with these grays. Not ready to use commercial dye after I spent 2+ years transitioning and babying my hair. I gotta say...loving this red tint

DivineNapps1728

I need someone to come do my hair....but they can't be rough though & they gotta be mindful of not tangling my ends & they can't use heat or anything with alcohol & they need to be quick && they have to style it exactly how I would if I cared to be bothered.

:giggle: