Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ChasingBliss

Stopped water spritzing my hair so often (did it every day)....slowed down on the wash and goes (got sick of those ssk's) and just have been moisturizing with Marg's Magic and oilive oil doing bantu knots. My hair responds so much better now. It is less frizzy and more controlled yet still moisturized. I realize that I know my hair needs moisture but did not need to be spritzed and wet up every day. The produced look is pretty but the strands dont seem to like all that. I think this is the reason why my hair didnt grow full and evenly...Even at waist length a few years back it was not as full as I wanted it to be. But I was also relaxed. No my hair is full to the very ends at bra strap. Definitely want to maintain this.

veesweets

I know I need to shampoo now, but I want to wait until the elucence arrives since I'm excited to try it. Doubt it arrives until next week. Decisions, decisions

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I think my workout regimen and healthier eating habits are giving me a much needed growth spurt. I love fish...seems like I eat it daily. All that protein is helping me slim down and grow some hair. Cant wait to do my bday length check next month

ckisland

I was walking and past this gorgeous girl with dark berry lipstick and a blown out natural hair. I'm glad I stopped at giving her a huge smile, because I almost blurted out, "You're beautiful!" LOL!! She would've thought she had a stalker on her hands hahaha!!

BostonMaria

I was walking and past this gorgeous girl with dark berry lipstick and a blown out natural hair. I'm glad I stopped at giving her a huge smile, because I almost blurted out, "You're beautiful!" LOL!! She would've thought she had a stalker on her hands hahaha!!

i always get the urge to high five natural haired women on the street :lol:
but I don't

curlyTisME

I cowshed with APB strawberry and mango moisturizing conditioner. Great slip. I tension dried on low with organix anti breakage serum and pressed my roots out. Might do some milkmaid braids. I saw a tutorial on YT.

Lilmama1011

I put box braids in yesterday. Going to wear for a week. It's truly a relief not to worry What I'm going to do to my hair before leaving out. And a good style for the gym

spellinto

I set my hair in bantu knots for 4+ hrs and they fell within one hour :ohwell:. I'm nit sure I like bantu knots anyway. So now I have a few flexi rods in because I may go out tonight. I love the look of then but I'm so lazy about putting them in!

I'm really inspired by the soft waves & curls of (black) women in the 1940-50s. I'll have to keep experimenting with my hair to find an easy way to achieve them. I'm still trying out different techniques but again, I get super lazy.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I set my hair in bantu knots for 4+ hrs and they fell within one hour :ohwell:. I'm nit sure I like bantu knots anyway. So now I have a few flexi rods in because I may go out tonight. I love the look of then but I'm so lazy about putting them in!

I'm really inspired by the soft waves & curls of (black) women in the 1940-50s. I'll have to keep experimenting with my hair to find an easy way to achieve them. I'm still trying out different techniques but again, I get super lazy.

spellinto

That is how I feel. I really love the soft waves of Dorothy Dandridge, but I know they created that look with heat so I keep shying from trying to reproduce it in my hair. Oh, and my bantu knot outs do not come out that way. keep us posted with how it goes. Effortless beauty is always awesome :yep:.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
This is some dirty hair. 2weeks since the last full wash. Keep meaning to wash it but always have other more important things to do.

Really making an effort tomorrow.

ImanAdero

I just ordered more hair and haven't event installed the first set I ordered smh!

I gotta stop acting like money grows on trees man.

Oh well at least my hair will look goodt!

krissyhair

I didn't do anything to my hair today. Nothing! I slept with it in a loose high ponytail. In the shower I let my edges get wet while washing my face. Then after getting dressed I took down the ponytail and low and behold there was a fierce curly afro that was waiting to be unleashed.

It's a blessing to have low maintenance hair and it's a blessing to have natural hair.

Smiley79

omg, why is it so hard to find someone who can do a great weave here in S. Fla? Ughh. :pullhair:
yet another disappointment.

Platinum

I'm stuck in Atlanta until tomorrow morning. I'm trying to decide if I should try to find a braid shop while I'm still here or just wait until I get back to Florida tomorrow evening.:ohwell: I haven't decided if I want to get micros or small individual braids. Either way, I've decided that this will be my final install because I plan to let them lock up.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I am so glad I cut my hair. I'm back in love with it again and I feel like I'm coming out of what feels like a 6 month slump.

soulglo

Im livid I feel like there is no winning. Try to avoid splits breakage... go to a shop and the lady puts a cellophane on my hair without me asking for one and its not a clear one. To top it off I have heat damage ughhh and my hair has this burnt smell still.. just no winning I'm sad

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
soulglo, so sorry to hear that. :bighug: You will bounce back quick. Try not to get too discouraged although I know that's easier said than done. Hang in there.