Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Pulled 25 bags of hair products out of the refrigerator to gift some items.
I need a miracle to get everything back in though :ohwell:

spellinto

I have so much new growth that I have du-rag waves when I take down my satin scarf o_o

There are just a few more things w/my hair care I'd like to improve. I need to be more consistent with how I handle my new growth. I get lazy/frustrated easily and wind up with tangles and/or dry, rigid roots. I try so many different techniques at once that I don't know what really works or what's just adding to my problems. I also want to wear my hair down more.

Last edited:

Babygrowth

It doesn't matter where I apply my sulfur oil or Megatek mix my hair grows first in the back, then the crown then the sides! I need my sides to grow longer dammit!

Anaisin

If the 4a section in the front didn't just frizz when I washed and conditioned it I wouldnt use a curl cream or gel for wash n gos just moisturizer. It would look funny like I have on a wig and my "leave out" is puffy lol. The 4b coils without anything, I think it's because my 4b is slightly thicker, emphasis on slightly because all of my strands are fine. Would do MHM on the front but I wouldn't put baking soda on my hair

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
So I was in Target minding my business looking at the hair products and this...well to be nice I'ma call her a lady, tries to give me unsolicited hair advice. I was looking at the sm manuka honey line and she picks up a bottle of kckt and says "your hair is too fine for that so you should try this". I looked at her but didn't say a word, just went back to reading the ingredients on the jar I was holding. So she goes "excuse me, I'm tryna help you. That's not going to work for your hair. But this." So now I'm irritated cuz #1 bitxh nobody asked for your help, #2 your dry crispy, crunchy twa with the lint balls in it does not make me want to take hair advice from you, #3 are you on the kc payroll cuz you pushing those products mighty hard, #4 am I being punked?!

So at this point my mom who had been on the other side of the aisle is looking at me and the lady chuckling her butt off. I'm like lady I know my hair, I know what it likes and what it doesn't and it doesn't like that bullsht in a bottle you're holding. Lawd this woman went off. :lachen: You would've thought I talked about her mama the way she was acting a fool cuz I didn't want her advice. She went off about my hair and how it was gonna dry up and fall out, "new naturals" are stupid, we're dumb for using all these white products in our n*gga hair (I was holding 2 bottles of suave conditioner) and all kinds of crap.

And then my Gemini kicked in and my mama grabbed my arm and pulled me out the aisle. She said my eyes got that Gemini demonic death look in them and she didn't want me to bring in the new year in jail lol. My mom knows I don't play about my hair.

I can't with these wanna be natural hair police. I been natural all my life, my hair at it's longest was a little past waist length...how you gonna give me unsolicited advice then get mad when I don't want it. I'm doing all my hair shopping online from now on cuz I can't lol

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
So I was in Target minding my business looking at the hair products and this...well to be nice I'ma call her a lady, tries to give me unsolicited hair advice. I was looking at the sm manuka honey line and she picks up a bottle of kckt and says "your hair is too fine for that so you should try this". I looked at her but didn't say a word, just went back to reading the ingredients on the jar I was holding. So she goes "excuse me, I'm tryna help you. That's not going to work for your hair. But this." So now I'm irritated cuz #1 bitxh nobody asked for your help, #2 your dry crispy, crunchy twa with the lint balls in it does not make me want to take hair advice from you, #3 are you on the kc payroll cuz you pushing those products mighty hard, #4 am I being punked?! So at this point my mom who had been on the other side of the aisle is looking at me and the lady chuckling her butt off. I'm like lady I know my hair, I know what it likes and what it doesn't and it doesn't like that bullsht in a bottle you're holding. Lawd this woman went off. :lachen: You would've thought I talked about her mama the way she was acting a fool cuz I didn't want her advice. She went off about my hair and how it was gonna dry up and fall out, "new naturals" are stupid, we're dumb for using all these white products in our n*gga hair (I was holding 2 bottles of suave conditioner) and all kinds of crap. And then my Gemini kicked in and my mama grabbed my arm and pulled me out the aisle. She said my eyes got that Gemini demonic death look in them and she didn't want me to bring in the new year in jail lol. My mom knows I don't play about my hair. I can't with these wanna be natural hair police. I been natural all my life, my hair at it's longest was a little past waist length...how you gonna give me unsolicited advice then get mad when I don't want it. I'm doing all my hair shopping online from now on cuz I can't lol

Danm... Unsolicited advice is the worst especially coming from folks as a friend calls it has " head full of struggle." She sounds like a mess and ignorant taking about "white products in our N*gga hair" like do you and worry about your own hair.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
So I was in Target minding my business looking at the hair products and this...well to be nice I'ma call her a lady, tries to give me unsolicited hair advice. I was looking at the sm manuka honey line and she picks up a bottle of kckt and says "your hair is too fine for that so you should try this". I looked at her but didn't say a word, just went back to reading the ingredients on the jar I was holding. So she goes "excuse me, I'm tryna help you. That's not going to work for your hair. But this." So now I'm irritated cuz #1 bitxh nobody asked for your help, #2 your dry crispy, crunchy twa with the lint balls in it does not make me want to take hair advice from you, #3 are you on the kc payroll cuz you pushing those products mighty hard, #4 am I being punked?! So at this point my mom who had been on the other side of the aisle is looking at me and the lady chuckling her butt off. I'm like lady I know my hair, I know what it likes and what it doesn't and it doesn't like that bullsht in a bottle you're holding. Lawd this woman went off. :lachen: You would've thought I talked about her mama the way she was acting a fool cuz I didn't want her advice. She went off about my hair and how it was gonna dry up and fall out, "new naturals" are stupid, we're dumb for using all these white products in our n*gga hair (I was holding 2 bottles of suave conditioner) and all kinds of crap. And then my Gemini kicked in and my mama grabbed my arm and pulled me out the aisle. She said my eyes got that Gemini demonic death look in them and she didn't want me to bring in the new year in jail lol. My mom knows I don't play about my hair. I can't with these wanna be natural hair police. I been natural all my life, my hair at it's longest was a little past waist length...how you gonna give me unsolicited advice then get mad when I don't want it. I'm doing all my hair shopping online from now on cuz I can't lol

WOWUH!!!!!!!!

That is something else. She gets major side eye?! Wth??!!

Next time say this ....

Attachments

• image-3488051757.jpg
    image-3488051757.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 53

PlainJane

Unsolicited hair advice is the worst. That's why I never tell people I am transitioning because that just opens up the flood gates.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Danm... Unsolicited advice is the worst especially coming from folks as a friend calls it has " head full of struggle." She sounds like a mess and ignorant taking about "white products in our N*gga hair" like do you and worry about your own hair.

Lol @ head full of struggle. She's was the queen of ignorant smh

spacetygrss

My hair needs some serious TLC after being up in this cold, dry mountain air. All of the moisture has been sucked out of my hair even with me keeping it covered! Don't get me started on my skin. Geesh!

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Curses, foiled again. I thought I found something my relaxed hair liked, but it's just as tricky as my natural hair was. Welp, back to the drawing board.

PJaye

Why are these satin bonnets so huge? What am I supposed to do with all of this extra space? I would need a Don Cornelius fro to fill these things. What a huge waste of time and money.

DivineNapps1728

The day I could pretty tell what products my hair would like by reading ingredients was the best day ever. When I buy new products I'm more apt to find staples as opposed to misses...YAY ME !

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I don't think my hair likes overnight dc sessions anymore or maybe it was the OGX conditioner. It was kinda itchy when I rinsed it this morning. Guess I'll have to stick to an hour or 2.

ItsMeLilLucky

Is there a cheat sheet for some of these abbreviations? I promise, I know like half of what these abbreviations mean. Can y'all help a Sista out?

ItsMeLilLucky

I want to co-wash my relaxed hair all the time, but I'd probably get hygral fatigue . It's like I'm getting baptized everyday lol.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm going to end up gray and bald if these people at work don't leave me alone. I'm on a journey to tbl and y'all working my nerves. I'm trying to get right with the hair gods and y'all got me about to act a fool. Ugh people are so inconsiderate. .

ItsMeLilLucky

Lilmama1011 Thanks for the tips! I didn't know I could do that. I'm just loving getting in the shower and wetting my hair. It's like I'm compelled to do it everyday. Plus I love good smelling hair lol. Do you have any recommendations for other protein conditioners? I'm using Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Hair Conditioning Treatment. I figure it can't hurt to have my options open.