Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

krissyhair

At a Dominican salon right now getting my wash and set for the new year. Maybe I will learn how to roller set this year so I can wear a different style besides wng

They did a good job overall and trimmed a modest amount off my ends. But, if they had patience and knew how to handle my hair without tangling it, I probably could have gotten away with not having a trim. I have fine hair so I know how it gets. It will tangle up on the very ends, curly or straight. But, it's a new year, so trimmed fresh ends aren't the devil.

spellinto

Unraveled my braids and I'm feelin' it!! My braid out's not perfect...admittedly, my NG is dry and super thick & poofy. My ends are pretty sparse looking in comparsion. BUT, it does feel nice to actually have a hairstyle again, plus my relaxed hairfeel pretty nice and moisturized :yep:

Side note: I played around with my A$AP braids before unraveling...when I braid again, maybe I could make a cute updo with them and leave them in for a few days. Hmm!

GettingKinky

I don't get how people can not lose any hair on wash day. I have a strainer in the shower drain and it's always full of hair and the I lose more when I detangle. I end up with a least a golf ball size hair ball. But I still seem to have tons on my head so I try not to worry about it.

Evolving78

I don't get how people can not lose any hair on wash day. I have a strainer in the shower drain and it's always full of hair and the I lose more when I detangle. I end up with a least a golf ball size hair ball. But I still seem to have tons on my head so I try not to worry about it.
exactly! I think it has a lot to do with density too! I have fine hair, but a lot of it. So it gives the appearance of it being thick. But when people say they don't lose a lot of shed hair or only have two strands from breakage, I wanna know what they are doing, and what am I doing wrong.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever ordered from Wawaza? It's a Japanese site that carries Cruelty Free skincare and hair care items. They have this wooden brush that looks it'll be killer to massage with/detangle with. It's $84 though :sad: I still want it though. They have a cheaper one for $30. Man, talk about champagne taste on a beer budget.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I just realized something. I truly hate cream moisturizers. They make my hands feel all pasty and gross. I hate having to run and wash my hands after moisturizing my hair. Sprays are the way.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Guess I'll wash my hair and do an Aphogee 2 step treatment for the new year. Been a while since I did one but I won't be using that crappy balancing conditioner. Think I'll use Aussie Moist with heat since I just found 2 brand new bottles the other day. May add in some almond oil.

Victoria44

Thinking about how I should wear my hair for my trip to Haiti in March. I want to do extensions but idk if I should go get braids done professionally, or try to put in some Marley twists myself.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Finally found a way to keep track of my hair products (and other stuff). For anyone that likes to keep lists of things there's an app called Sortly that's offering a free premium lifetime membership (normally 39.99) until 1/1/15.

I'm trying to get my cluttered life right for 2015 lol so I downloaded this to keep track of my hair products and other stuff. Love that you can take pictures of things as well. Thought others might like it.

ImanAdero

People on the internet play too much lol.

Attachments

• image-2101232202.jpg
    image-2101232202.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

ImanAdero

Also debating how to do my hair for vacation in 4 weeks!!!

I think I'm gonna get it braided into an updo... Either that or a cornrowed style with extensions.

Then I have another vacation lined up in April... Gotta figure that one out too...

Why I feel the need to plan my hair 4 months in advance im not sure lol. But I do.

Lilmama1011

ON A VERY SERIOUS NOTE(LET ME CATCH SOME OF YOU WHILE YOUR SOBER): PLEASE BE CAREFUL TOMORROW. EVERY YEAR I HEAR ON THE NEWS ABOUT PEOPLE GETTING KILLED BY DRUNK DRIVERS OR GETTING KILLED DRIVING DRUNK. DO NOT DRIVE DRUNK. YOU RISK YOUR LIFE AND OTHERS. I KNOW SOME WILL STILL DO IT, BUT PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR THEM TO PROTECT YOU AND OTHERS. IF YOU SEE SOMEONE SWERVING, TAKE THEIR LICENSE PLATE NUMBER AND REPORT THEM TO THE NON EMERGENCY NUMBER TO THE POLICE SO THEY CAN GET THEM OFF THE STREETS. ALSO PULL OVER TO THE SIDE AFTER YOU REMEMBER THEIR LICENSE PLATE # AND WAIT UNTIL THEY ARE OUT OF THE WAY OR SPEED UP A LITTLE A WAY FROM THEM. ALSO DON'T CROSS THE STREET TEXTING OR EVEN STAND ON THE CORNER TEXTING BECAUSE A CAR COULD BE HEADING STRAIGHT FOR YOU. BE SAFE AND ENJOY!

ItsMeLilLucky

Henna and Placenta smells way better than what I thought it would smell. Not bad for a dollar. And it gets hard like the Aphogee 2 step if you sit under the dryer for 10 minutes. You have to moisturize though cause it leaves the hair kind of crunchy. I can't stop smelling my hair.

Duchess007

Henna and Placenta smells way better than what I thought it would smell. Not bad for a dollar. And it gets hard like the Aphogee 2 step if you sit under the dryer for 10 minutes. You have to moisturize though cause it leaves the hair kind of crunchy. I can't stop smelling my hair.

If you don't mind sharing, what product is this? Hask?

image-1911047922.jpg

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

Yay, I got my hair done (and my ends trimmed)!!!! I'm feeling myself so much right now. Only cost $30 and $10 for my offspring to get his hair cut. Not bad for $40.

Attachments

• IMG_20141231_130501.jpg
    IMG_20141231_130501.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20141231_130600.jpg
    IMG_20141231_130600.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 77

spacetygrss

My hair smells delicious! I spritzed it with APB Honey Almond Leave-in Conditioner, then sealed with Jakeala Alma Shea Hemp Castor Parfait in Birthday Cake scent. :lick: Even my 7-year old son keeps mentioning it. It's yummy!

spacetygrss

Ooooh! My order from hotcombs.net shipped, just a few hours after I placed the order. Nice!
I hope that these combs help me with midshaft-split issue.

spellinto

Happy New Year everyone! I just spontaneously big chopped! Going to get my hair shaved at the barber's tomorrow! I'm officially natural! :grin:

Babygrowth

My strands have gotten bigger. I mean thicker. Its weird. And only in some places. I love it.

Last edited:

spellinto

2 things I'm noticing right after my big chop:

PRO: I didn't think I could pull of short hair but my face actually looks 10x cuter with it. BF thinks it's "adorably sexy" and keeps giving me cheek kisses :grin: Can't wait to step up my makeup game too!

CON: This hair is soooooooooooooo drrrrrrrrrrrry it's INSANE. I knew natural hair would be dry but this is seriously brillo pad status. Especially the back of my head, it's so parched and it feels matted and dense! Even though I'm shaving it all down, I'm going to slab some conditioner on it just to ease my mind!​

As far as styles go, I'm deciding between shaved evenly or leaving a bit of hair on top:

(I'm definitely getting that line/side part though)

Last edited:

krissyhair

2 things I'm noticing right after my big chop:

PRO: I didn't think I could pull of short hair but my face actually looks 10x cuter with it. BF thinks it's "adorably sexy" and keeps giving me cheek kisses :grin: Can't wait to step up my makeup game too!

CON: This hair is soooooooooooooo drrrrrrrrrrrry it's INSANE. I knew natural hair would be dry but this is seriously brillo pad status. Especially the back of my head, it's so parched and it feels matted and dense! Even though I'm shaving it all down, I'm going to slab some conditioner on it just to ease my mind!

As far as styles go, I'm deciding between shaved evenly or leaving a bit of hair on top:

(I'm definitely getting that line/side part though)

Try some olive oil while your hair is still wet to combat the dryness. Of course you look nice with short hair. People can actually see your whole face now. I look better with hair pulled back.