Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

SuchaLady

Lawd Im weeks late :nono::spinning:

I dont think my hair likes it all. Felt like I put water on my hair :ohwell:

Maybe try mixing it with another moisturizing DC? That's what I do at this point when I use it, the results are better for me that way.

I have both. Neither work :sad: but it smells so delightful! I may use it on my weave :look:

Are you using brand or Sally's GVP? SuchaLady. Also, how are you using it - with heat or without heat, a few minutes or 30 minutes?

There is a performance difference between brand and generic, IMO. I have used both straight and have mixed both with honey & evoo....I still prefer the brand version. Some in the relaxed thread said they leave it on for a hour. I've had success with as little as 15 minutes. The longer it sits on my hair, the better it feels though. At any rate, I always use heat.

SuchaLady

SuchaLady. Thank you so kindly! I'm pretty sure that lack of protein was one of the causes. It doesn't help that I've been a bit stressed, my diet hasn't been the best, and I've been having trouble waking up because my sleep doesn't feel restful.

whosthatcurl It may be the stress. Hair should never be falling out from a skipped protein treatment. :blush: Hope things get better for you.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Loaded up on some more Joico :look:

Me too. And I haven't even tried the first tube I bought. :look: But I went into CosmoProf to pick up something for a friend and just happened to see it on the shelf--a 500ml pump jar of the Treatment Balm. It was only $13. :grin: I paid $7.99 for the 250ml tube at TJMaxx. I HAD to get it. I guess I'd better go report it in the Use Up Your Stash thread. :ohwell:

SuchaLady

Dayjoy Do you have a license? I wish I could shop at Cosmo Prof but I was under the impression you had to have a cosmetology license. If not let me know and I'll go tomorrow :look:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
You just broke my heart :cry: :lol:

^^^ I'm not enrolled in cosmetology school. Those are awesome prices y'all get though.

Aww, boo. If you have a friend (or even a friend of a friend :look:) you can have them pick up things for you. That's how I ended up there yesterday. I had NO BUSINESS in that place. Just like the alcoholic should avoid the tavern.

I picture us hanging outside CosmoProf like a 17 year old wanting beer asking the licensed to cop haircare product for us. :lol:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I found a dupe for Kerastase Elixir Ultime! It's called Oleo Miracle oil by Dessange Paris (Also owned by Loreal). They both contain Camelia oil, argan oil and Pracaxi oil, but Oleo costs 11.99 for 100ml and Elixir costs $56 for 125ml. I am so excited :yay:

I bought some new headbands with the money I saved.

Attachments

• 20150323_090055.jpg
    20150323_090055.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20150323_090028.jpg
    20150323_090028.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 32

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I found a dupe for Kerastase Elixir Ultime! It's called Oleo Miracle oil by Dessange Paris (Also owned by Loreal). They both contain Camelia oil, argan oil and Pracaxi oil, but Oleo costs 11.99 for 100ml and Elixir costs $56 for 125ml. I am so excited :yay:

I bought some new headbands with the money I saved.
Prettymetty how do you use these products?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I use the Elixir as a detangler after I wash my hair. It has cones so it gives a lot of slip, it smells great and it makes my hair shine.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I tried the Oleo oil. Influenster sent it to me. I actually liked it to blow out my marley hair. I tried some on my scalp but it clogged it up and flaked after washing.

Good stuff

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Me too. And I haven't even tried the first tube I bought. :look: But I went into CosmoProf to pick up something for a friend and just happened to see it on the shelf--a 500ml pump jar of the Treatment Balm. It was only $13. :grin: I paid $7.99 for the 250ml tube at TJMaxx. I HAD to get it. I guess I'd better go report it in the Use Up Your Stash thread. :ohwell:
Oooh at those prices, I wish you could mail me 4 jars of the Treatment Balm! That's THE best deep conditioner I've used.

Victoria44

My hair needs serious loving and care after my trip to Haiti. I just let it shrink up every day and enjoyed the fro. Came home with a dry and tangled mess.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Some dudes here in Detroit broke into a beauty supply store...does it make me a bad person for wanting to know who they are so I can get a few discounted packs of hair for a sew in? The hair I want is $200 a pack and I need 3 :cry: :look::look:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Oooh at those prices, I wish you could mail me 4 jars of the Treatment Balm! That's THE best deep conditioner I've used.

There was only one more jar on the shelf yesterday. But if I'm there or at another location again soon, I'll certainly look for you. :yep:

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Baba de Caracol + Neem Oil + Sapuyulo Conditioner made the best pre-poo and post-poo remoisturizing conditioner ever. I wonder if it's better than Silicon Mix + Kanechom

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
The only time in years I decided to wear my hair straightened it thunderstorms.

The forecast was supposed to be sunny this week....These meteorologists ain't loyal :-\

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Washed my hair after 2-3 weeks of being in twists under a wig. Currently deep conditioning overnight, will moisturize and seal in the morning and do a hard protein treatment Wednesday.

Think I'm going to try this every 2-3 week washing schedule until May and if I didn't like the results I'm switching to cowashes every other day, dc once a week and hard protein treatments once a month. Hair will stay in twists or braids under my wig.

Planning a search and destroy Wednesday then no more trimming until September.

Harina

It only takes one time to create heat damage. :ohwell: have you washed it since she pressed it? Did it revert?

This is horrible. So sorry she treated you and your hair badly.

Yeah, it reverted but not back to normal. Way off. That's why I don't think it's heat damage.

PlainJane

I never like to wash my hair when SO is at my house.

He doesn't need to know how much time, effort, products, etc go into this lol.

faithVA

I never like to wash my hair when SO is at my house.

He doesn't need to know how much time, effort, products, etc go into this lol.

I'm the same way. He knows it takes a while but he has never seen everything that is involved. I once did a quick rinse and style at his house which still took 90 minutes and he had to come check on me to see if everything was alright. He couldn't handle my full regimen :lol:

PlainJane

I did my hair while he took a nap once and he couldn't figure out why when he woke up I was still doing my hair.

I told him I just started before he woke up so that could buy me a few hours :lol:

faithVA

I did my hair while he took a nap once and he couldn't figure out why when he woke up I was still doing my hair.

I told him I just started before he woke up so that could buy me a few hours :lol:

:lol: I will stash that one away for future use. Yeah my SO has 1/8 inch of hair. He does not understand. If we marry its going to be a huge awakening. I'm going to have to break him in slow :lol:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I never like to wash my hair when SO is at my house. He doesn't need to know how much time, effort, products, etc go into this lol.
PlainJane same here. I only reserve wash days for Sundays because that's the day I know DH will be working later and it's my day off lol. I like to do my hair in peace with no interruptions.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I'm installing these Senegalese Twists a week ahead of time. When it's time for them to come out late April-early May I will have to relax. My new-growth game is super strong lbs.