Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

fatimablush

fatimablush

This first crochet wig is a practice wig. Thank goodness for cheap synthetic hair.

The one I make will be a glue in...I already have that cheap hair ready to go. I think I might like that one better. My sis is working on hers now.. It looks nice.

Added a glue gun to my list.

ETA-I get better results with a crochet hook. That latch hook had me screaming..cussing and fussing. I also tore 3 wig caps...I am still using the last torn wig cap..hence the practice wig..but no more tears..

Last edited:

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
I'm so overdue for a protein treatment and a trim. I'm thinking of doing a Cherry Lola Treatment since I haven't done one in awhile.

fatimablush

Anyone use or have FHI flatiron?

How do you like it. I paid off three of those left over med bills. You know the ones that you never received before and you have to call about. Small amounts but paid...It never stops.

I need a flat iron though

curlyTisME

Anyone use or have FHI flatiron?

How do you like it. I paid off three of those left over med bills. You know the ones that you never received before and you have to call about. Small amounts but paid...It never stops.

I need a flat iron though

I believe the one any stylist uses are all FHI. She has about 6 different sizes. She raves about them.

Rozlewis

I'm like nearly 10 years late but I'm about to buy some Curlformers. I'm too lazy really but I need a change.

Hi @SuchaLady

I have really been liking Curlformers lately to change up my look. Installing can be a little challenge at first but other than that I really like them. The curls are perfect.

Rozlewis

I would love to see a pic of the style

I ill try to take pics the next time I use them. I just received my Curlformers Glam Kit yesterday so I might try to use them soon. However, I keep my hair up 99% of the time so I will have to remember to take pics before I put it up.

Kells

........After all the anxiety and excitement around getting my new hair steamer...............Of course it arrives to me defective.
Price was right.
Delivered on time.
All parts for assembly are present.
It was all too perfect...
I have a warranty but that doesn't make it any less a pain in my a$$.
I hope it's user error, but I've already tried troubleshooting....

alex114

I think by the end of this year I'm going to buy myself a flat iron. And a better pair of shears...
I really need a flat iron and a better pair of scissors too-- I had a Diane set for 58 dollars in my cart but then I realized that I'm saving up for a wedding and side eyed myself like….o_O guh watchu doin'?? But I'm tired of getting the 11 dollar ones from Amazon lol.
I'm going in for a consultation with a natural hair stylist this weekend. I want to straighten my hair for the first time in like 3-4 years, and I know doing it myself is asking for problemmmmms.

imaginary

I really need a flat iron and a better pair of scissors too-- I had a Diane set for 58 dollars in my cart but then I realized that I'm saving up for a wedding and side eyed myself like….o_O guh watchu doin'?? But I'm tired of getting the 11 dollar ones from Amazon lol.
I'm going in for a consultation with a natural hair stylist this weekend. I want to straighten my hair for the first time in like 3-4 years, and I know doing it myself is asking for problemmmmms.

Hey congrats on the wedding! I for sure need a good trim and I think it's been over 4years since I've seen my hair straight so I'd say I'm about due.

imaginary

Doing an overnight HOT with neem oil on my scalp only and vatika coconut oil on my length and whoo at this neem. It does not quit. And I was very sparing with it on my scalp too...

alex114

@imaginary thank you! And yes I love a good hot oil treatment! But lately I've really been stuck on treating my hair with butters. I love Belle Butters Unyevu and Oyin's Moisture Butter for a nice DC mix with Shea moisture. Once it all melts into my hair/scalp under my bonnet dryer it's like :dance7:

Honey Bee

So I finally did my first set of crochet braids (on MY head, I had done my mother's) and it was way easier that I thought.

Question, though: Why and how do ppl be using five packs of Marley hair??? Like, for what? I used two full packs and I'm in here looking like Negro Rapunzel, wth? :lol: Do they have big heads? Like, what's up? o_O

GGsKin

So I finally did my first set of crochet braids (on MY head, I had done my mother's) and it was way easier that I thought.

Question, though: Why and how do ppl be using five packs of Marley hair??? Like, for what? I used two full packs and I'm in here looking like Negro Rapunzel, wth? :lol: Do they have big heads? Like, what's up? o_O

Hey hair twin! Tell me about it .Two packs is more than enough for my small head but I do chop it up. But then I'm used to small hair. I don't know how they do it- I feel like I am suffocating under all that hair. I do have a friend who's frame can handle all the extra volume. She'd look bald if she used the same amount of hair I did:lol:

julzinha

I'm hoping for my next braid install my hair grows 3 to 4 inches in two months. I know it sounds outlandish, but I really want to see my hair grow its fullest potential