Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

GettingKinky

After I use up my stash I'm not going to buy AO GPB anymore. My hair doesn't hold moisture so well after using it. I do so much better with Aphoghee 2 minute. I want to like AO products because they are natural but I have to give my hair what it wants. Maybe I can find a natural conditioner with keratin.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Had a moment of insanity today when I tried to blow out my 4a-b-c hair for the first time since being fully natural. Then to further the insanity, I tried to flat iron so that I can get a real trim...EPIC FAIL! Got through a section just above one ear and gave up. Can you say wash and go? Jumped back I the shower and went.

Tangles

been there done that TWICE.
Last time I BC'd my bang, last december, It was tragic,

Its finally at least 7 inches now but its nowhere as long as the rest of my hair. When I wear it curly you cant see too big of a difference anymore. At first it was tragic. I have to learn how to let someone else take my crochet out. Ive done it twice.
@shawnyblazes The messed up part is that those crochets were installed the day before. I'm so impulsive when it comes to my hair...I guess that was a sign to slow down:cry3:

Lilmama1011

I used to flat iron my hair every day. Without heat protectant. At a time when I was washing very irregularly with bad products, no DC, and no thought to moisture or protein, and when I always blowdried on the highest heat setting. Although I wasn't really retaining much length, I never had actual, snapping-off-in-sections heat damage.

Now I'm taking better care of my hair and have two good quality heat protectants, I'm terrified of heat damage. I haven't blowdried in months, and the twice I've used my flat iron in the last year I've had it on such a low setting it's barely taken.

:wallbash:
I was reading a article on black hair information about how a girl was anti heat such as I and she started blow drying her hair again with a quality blow dryer and not a cheap one and it actually helped more than it hurt her hair. She said it cut down on tangling and knots which makes sense. I stretch my relaxers for 3 months and even to make a simple bun I struggle to do so because my new growth wants to just stay and stick straight up and I'm trying to get my hair to go back. Because I'm conscience of getting minimum breakage, it takes me a while to do so. If I had just blow dried it, it would be a lot more stretched and not my new growth climbing on top of one another and with a pick my hair would have minimum breakage and would be smoother.

nerdography

I can't wait for my Thanksgiving break. I'm going to go the BSS this weekend and get my relaxer, neutralizing shampoo, and protein treatment. I realized that I need to use lye since my hair is so resistant. My hair laughs at no-lye.

JosieLynn

I wish I knew some more ladies with fine strands and low density. My hair is longer than its even been and I still feel super baldheaded. My ponytails aren't as lush as some people with shorter hair and it just always looks so feathery light. Like it might blow away when I straighten it. Just bought some kinky straight clip ins to help with volume because idk if I'll ever look like I have a head of hair.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

I can do a low pony tail with no bobby pins or slides. All the bits that were short and broken are now long enough to put away without forcing it. This means a lot because it takes the maintenance right back to minimal. My hair isn't longer but its definitely healthier and more even
Finally, Easy protective Styling. Which hasn't happened since I was a child.

I'm going to go stalk the bunning thread
because I can

CodeRed

After I use up my stash I'm not going to buy AO GPB anymore. My hair doesn't hold moisture so well after using it. I do so much better with Aphoghee 2 minute. I want to like AO products because they are natural but I have to give my hair what it wants. Maybe I can find a natural conditioner with keratin.

Millcreek makes one and hydrolyzed keratin is the second ingredient:

http://www.iherb.com/Mill-Creek-Keratin-Conditioner-Repair-Formula-16-fl-oz-473-ml/6603

Lilmama1011

I wish I knew some more ladies with fine strands and low density. My hair is longer than its even been and I still feel super baldheaded. My ponytails aren't as lush as some people with shorter hair and it just always looks so feathery light. Like it might blow away when I straighten it. Just bought some kinky straight clip ins to help with volume because idk if I'll ever look like I have a head of hair.

I have thick hair and like the thickness of a roller set but it's never and will never be as smooth as it being flat ironed but when I straighten it, I feel it looks so thin but compared to fine hair ladies it's thicker but I still be expected it to be just as thick as my roller set but smooth smh

Lilmama1011

I'm mad I still can't upload pics, I guess I can now. That was a test. But you should feel something looking at this pic smh

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-07-16-21-19-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-07-16-21-19-1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_2015-11-07-16-21-19-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-07-16-21-19-1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 36

CodeRed

Ok so I'mma have to go back and buy that Motions Professional Oil Moisturizer Deep Penetrating Silk Protein Conditioner from the bss tomorrow. I was looking for reviews online and they were all good but someone said they contacted Motions and they stopped making it in January 2015 so that's why they can't find it anywhere. I've never used it before and it's only $10 for a 30oz tub I believe... Was trying not to buy anything I can't use up by the end of the year but it sounds really good and I can buy multiples before the bss runs out if it's awesome.

atlien11

I went to a large BSS over the weekend called Hair Town (Philly). The store had all black women as customers and NOT ONE PERSON IN THERE WAS WEARING THEIR OWN HAIR (except the SA's)!! It made me feel a certain way and I don't know why because I usually don't care. Even the children were pointing at mannequin heads with wigs in anticipation that they could wear them one day because their own hair wasn't good enough.

I think what rubbed me the wrong way was the asian workers in there just grinning at us all with evil smirks. Not to mention that they were playing Lil Wayne at volume ten...Was that supposed to make me feel like you are "down" and can relate Ming Li? Well you can't.

Last edited:

Britt

I wish my hair were thicker. I thought when I went natural my hair would get thicker but I don't it has. Ok, it hasn't so far. I think maybe my hair has just gotten progressively thinner over the years. I got my hair straightened this wknd and I can see it. It doesn't have weight to it and it's thinnish in some areas. I hoped going natural I would have been one of those naturals whose hair magically started to thicken up once they went natural. Good thing is natural hair gives the illusion of fullness and thickness.

Honey Bee

I wish my hair were thicker.

HaveSomeWine

I Haven't washed my hair in almost three weeks. :look: I wonder what would happen if I never washed it again but just continued rinsing it daily.

CluelessJL

I'm beginning to understand why they call this a hair journey. It's not just a single decision to take care of your hair. There are lessons that you can't learn by reading about them. A whole lot of hindsight. Changing strategies, techniques, products...and even just what you're looking to achieve. You can't make one plan and stick to it forever. You can only make a decision based on what you know and think at the time - and then have to stop yourself from beating yourself up if you decide it was the wrong choice later down the line. You constantly reassess things and try again. There are days when you feel like your hair will all drop off your head if you don't do everything right, and others when you feel like you wouldn't care if that happened. Days when you question your commitment. Days when it all feels worthwhile.

It's a journey.

LavenderMint

Whoever suggested the Wet brush, BLESS YOU!! I saw a small one at Target a while ago & picked it up thinking "maybe I'll use it someday".
Well I found myself trying to detangle & remove two weeks' worth of shed hair and this brush just slid it all out WITHOUT destroying my 4bc coils, making frizz, or causing tangles. At this point, I'll just use it once a month & go back to my finger detangling.
(And I will go back to my 2x weekly wash schedule cuz that was an epic nightmare)