Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

ckisland

Um um um
Just discovered that CurlMix exists
Pay $30 a month to play around with a squirt of ingredients in a mason jar. Girrrlllll!!!! If you don't stop with that mess! A lot of us went diy to stop paying outrageous prices for products geared towards natural hair. It makes me so mad. I need vendors to stop trying to take advantage of us!!

You would be a clown to pay $30 to make 4 oz of mud wash that you have to make yourself!!!!! You put lemon and honey, and suddenly it's worth $30!!! No, ma'am just no. I want to support black female entrepreneurs, but I'm not going to let them screw me just because.

irisak

I'm getting my first ever install next month at Reniece's salon. I already have the hair (Onyc fro out, since EPRT stays sold out) which looks and feels absolutely perfect. I'm not worried about blending but I am still debating If I want to also get a silk closure. I would love to hide all my hair away, but I'm not a fan of how closures look. I've seen a few on BHM and youtube I was impressed with (never one in person :look:) and those all required (what seems like) a lot of doctoring before the installation. I'm also not too thrilled about the possibility of my closure "shifting" ...
The thing about closures is they are made for the camera. I've worn them and while they look good they never really look natural to me. They also take a good bit of doctoring. They are however an excellent way to put your hair away and beat a regular full sew in hands down.

Lilmama1011

:lachen:

I've eased up since the upgrade. I actually relaxed yesterday and can't get my pics to post. :angry2:
I just add the pictures even if it still does the pending thing (however many pictures I want to post), write my comment and post and it still shows the pictures. I'm on mobile btw

GGsKin

Hair Problem #454: My hair is now green from baggying with my carrier bag accidentally the wrong side out :lachen: smdh.

Hair Problem #455: my temple and side burn apps on this lace wig are still giving me crust problems:pyro::pyro:. Oh boy....back to the clean up.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I had a dream that my hair was down my back, past my bra strap. I knew that because an Asian guy took a selfie with me while I was sitting in the stylist chair (I think we were together?) Now the last thing I was listening to was The Game of Life and How to Play on YouTube. Apparently my subconscious has a sense of humor.

And I needed a trim. Why the heck did the stylist not trim my hair?

SheenaVee

My hair is much longer than I thought.

It's grown out quite a bit since I cut it at the end of July. I thought I was around shoulder length stretched, but I was playing around and pulling some strands and the shortest pieces are actually around armpit length! Wtf.

In another thread someone asked me about my shrinkage and I was saying my hair seems to shrink less than it did before. Who was I kidding.

Lilmama1011

I'm starting to fall in love with heat. Wrapping the hair goes way smoother than just a Roller set. So their is less pulling when combing. I have been contemplating about introducing it back into my regimen like every two weeks or once a month and wearing my hair straight all the time. Before the forum I was blown drying and flat ironing every two weeks and my hair was thick and long. Also even my SO said I look like my old self with my hair straight and I feel like it too. I feel like I have more confidence then instead of curls looking days older after a while from moisturizing and sealing daily

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I'm starting to fall in love with heat. Wrapping the hair goes way smoother than just a Roller set. So their is less pulling when combing. I have been contemplating about introducing it back into my regimen like every two weeks or once a month and wearing my hair straight all the time. Before the forum I was blown drying and flat ironing every two weeks and my hair was thick and long. Also even my SO said I look like my old self with my hair straight and I feel like it too. I feel like i had more confidence then I stead of curls looking days older after a while from moisturizing and sealing daily
I love heat! I don't have to manipulate my hair so much after I blow-dry it, I don't comb it so often (like once a week, otherwise I just use my fingers) I can virtually get up and go, I get way less breakage, my hair is still pretty thick and soft, and most importantly I can be lazy and still look a bit polished lol

fatimablush

finished my practice crochet wig. i like it...the wig cap tore and i didn't get my groove until i was a few rows in. it looks nice other wise. i had a two tone hair and added honey blonde streaks...yeah it was pretty. i just won't separate the hair so much. the ends were frizzy. if it does that when i make the real wig..i will just get rid of them when i trim it.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I agree! I was gonna see what all the madness was about but nah. :lol:

I like the Shescentit reconstructor DC (okra) and their leave ins. The cranberry is amazing! Coconut is good too. If im really feeling like being broke I will buy from the qhemet biologics line for moisturizers and stylers.

However I still hate paying for shipping. And I just discovered Alikay and my hair likes that lemongrass leave in. I also use the As I Am Hydration elation (?) as my emergency moisture DC.

However it seems to be the shescentit products that keep my hair on my head

@DarkJoy Those Shescentit products sound yummy. I want to try them but scared I might love them and can only order them online. :lachen:

Lilmama1011

I love heat! I don't have to manipulate my hair so much after I blow-dry it, I don't comb it so often (like once a week, otherwise I just use my fingers) I can virtually get up and go, I get way less breakage, my hair is still pretty thick and soft, and most importantly I can be lazy and still look a bit polished lol
See even if have thought about not having to use the flat iron all the time but I can straight up blow out my roots the best I can after that new growth comes in because when it does, styling isn't so smooth. Hair is going every which way at the base and looks stringy because I style it wet

irisak

It's touch up time!!!!! I just relaxed and colored now I'm sitting here with dc in my hair. Shout out to @sunnieb !!! I tried her method of twisting first and it made things so much easier. I might post pics tomorrow if the site lets me.

ckisland

Welp, straightening my hair again has totally obliterated the false sense of security I had with my routine :sad:.

I assumed that not using heat, silicone, combs, or shampoo meant that my hair would have no problems. I knew something was up when I started seeing ssks in the front of my hair. Low and behold, they're all over!!!! The ends in the back look horrific, and a whole chunk of my coils were suspiciously meshed together :nono:.

On a good note, my hair seems to have grown back well and is really thick.

I have so many feelings right now, and I'm trying to process this new info.

Honey Bee

Welp, straightening my hair again has totally obliterated the false sense of security I had with my routine :sad:.

I assumed that not using heat, silicone, combs, or shampoo meant that my hair would have no problems. I knew something was up when I started seeing ssks in the front of my hair. Low and behold, they're all over!!!! The ends in the back look horrific, and a whole chunk of my coils were suspiciously meshed together :nono:.

On a good note, my hair seems to have grown back well and is really thick.

I have so many feelings right now, and I'm trying to process this new info.
Are you still doing the MHM or do I have you mixed up with somebody else?

VictoriousBrownFlower

This biotin is doing me so right right now. I've been on it since july and since my bc in may I've gained 4 inches. I usually grow 4 inches in a year. It's been a little less than 6 months for me. By next year this time I should be past where I was before I bc'd. The past couple of months it's been growing a consistant .5 inches. In the summer I was getting .8. That's amazing to me because I'm def a slow grower.

I was taking hair vitamins before I started taking biotin and didn't see a significant amount of growth like I'm seeing now.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Um um um
Just discovered that CurlMix exists
Pay $30 a month to play around with a squirt of ingredients in a mason jar. Girrrlllll!!!! If you don't stop with that mess! A lot of us went diy to stop paying outrageous prices for products geared towards natural hair. It makes me so mad. I need vendors to stop trying to take advantage of us!!

You would be a clown to pay $30 to make 4 oz of mud wash that you have to make yourself!!!!! You put lemon and honey, and suddenly it's worth $30!!! No, ma'am just no. I want to support black female entrepreneurs, but I'm not going to let them screw me just because.

Wow, I didnt know it was 30 bucks. I saw utuber heyfranhey endorsing curlmix.

toaster

I think I want to roller set my hair next week. I can't even remember what I use when I roller set. Ugh. I know I love the it's a 10 leave in, and I have some in my stash, but I used to use an entwine product to moisturize my hair without causing reversion. Can I still order that on aveyou? What was working out like with my roller set? So many questions.

Hopefully next week I'll have answers.

Ajna

I think I want to install mini twists but man it is so time consuming, so I am thinking high bun monday.

irisak

I don't know why relaxer day is always a two day event for me. :lachen:I'm about to rinse out this dc, rollerset, trim, and lightly flat iron. I haven't trimmed in a while so it will be cool to see the results.

WYSIWYG

Why does my hair look its best when it's time to wash it? I was tempted to skip washing it today since it looks so good, but my scalp is screaming, "Nooooo! You betta wash me!"

If I could have 7th day hair on a freshly washed scalp, I could rule the world.