"re" Introduction!

DarkAngell

Hello ladies!! :grouphug3:

It's been quite a while since I've been on here so I figured I'd reintroduce myself. I haven't posted since around 2012. The quick version: I joined LHCF in 2004. My screen name then was "LilMorenita". ( I'll be changing it again soon...) I did not begin posting until a while later. Up until 2008 I was relaxed bone straight and had chewed up looking hair. In 2008 I decided to transition. 13 months later I BC'ed. A few months after that I began texlaxing. It was a long journey but by 2012 I had healthy, tail bone length texlaxed hair! Then life happened and I hadn't been on LHCF for a while and seemed to have lost my passion for long hair. One odd day I got so tired of maintaining my hair for so long something terrible happened. I took scissors to it and chopped it from tb length to bra strap. :ill::pullhair: 2 days later I went to a salon and cut the rest into a short bob. I loved it for a month, then I cried over it for the next year lol.

What brought me back was I now have a daughter who will be 2 in August. While my hair is 3c/4a type, her hair is maybe 3a - 3c and this girl's hair is getting BIG. My hair as of now is approaching bra strap again....HOWEVER..... it's a hot mess since I've gone between relaxing to texlaxing, to growing it out natural that as of now I probably have about 48 different textures in my hair. :eek: I know.... I gotta it together. You don't even have to say it. So not only do I have to get back on my game, but I have to learn about the products suitable for her hair. Plus.......that off topic forum was my guilty pleasure. I've stocked up my popcorn just for that forum :pop: :catfight:

So that's about it. :blah: I can't wait to see what I've missed. I had a fotki with my hair journey I believe up until waist length maybe? you're welcome to look. If a password is needed I will try to get that back in order.

Thanks for reading! :rosebud:

Last edited:

DarkAngell

@*Michelle* thanks! Is your default pic new or old? I really want to go back to texlax but it was hard once it got long and just took so much time and now having a toddler, my hair has had to take the backseat. Some months ( I relax about 3 times a year ) I say *** it i'm gonna MAKE time for my hair....and then other times i'm like...*** it ain't nobody got time for that. I can't make up my mind!

@pelohello thank you!

*Michelle*

@*Michelle* thanks! Is your default pic new or old? I really want to go back to texlax but it was hard once it got long and just took so much time and now having a toddler, my hair has had to take the backseat. Some months ( I relax about 3 times a year ) I say *** it i'm gonna MAKE time for my hair....and then other times i'm like...*** it ain't nobody got time for that. I can't make up my mind!

@pelohello thank you!

You're welcome! This pix is was taken last weekend. Well I understand about making up your mind. I said I would not give up relaxer until I started getting grey hair lol! Well I big chopped about 3 years when I saw a few strands. I didn't want to color and relax. After I cut my hair into the Bob I fell in love with the cut and stopped trying grow it!!! But now I've cut it really short and now back to growing...lol.

Oh the joys of hair :)