Redken Butter Treat!!!! EVERYONE needs a bottle!!!

ScandalousBeauty

Redken Butter Treat is now one of my staple conditioners/leave-in's! My hair was kind of dry after a WGO that I did earlier in the day, and I decided to put some of this in because I had heard TONS of great things about it...I just couldn't wait until wash time the next day! OH MY GOSH...My puff was screaming THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I would buy this stuff at full price...the Hair Cuttery is having a Redken bogo 50% off, so I'll be purchasing two bottles!!!

I even applied this before my blowout today. I used a bit of Giovanni's Direct Leave In, Butter Treat and Redken Heat Glide. For the first time ever, my hair is straight and it doesn't look dry, beat down, or like I got it done two weeks ago. I KNOW Butter Treat has alot to do with it, it's a smoothing treatment.

Naturals, Texlaxers, Relaxers....you ALL must try it!

Who else is in love with this little bottle of heaven???????????

filthyfresh

Oooh this should be nice. I want to try this.
Now you're going to have me going to Hair Cuttery on my lunch break!

hothair

This sounds :lick: will have to look out for it...

ETA: Well I got my mum to buy this :look: I've got it on my head right now, my hair's texlaxed and feeling a bit dry from the shikakai I used Saturday... will let u know how it goes when I rinse out BTW mine was in a tub didn't find the Butter treat in the tube

Last edited:

shtow

Im sorry I tried it as a DC and leave in and hated it. I used the rest of the bottle in one cowash lol and that turned out great I guess because I used so much:nono: at one. Im glad it worked for you though.

Cleve_gryl

I AM, I AM!!! I bought a bottle of this and the All Soft Heavy Cream based off of Sareca's review....Maaannn....this stuff is truely the ISH!! :yep: Where has it been my whole life!?!?

I'm going to rotate between the Butter and the Heavy Cream...little bottles of Heaven.

Sunshine_One

Girl, I am so HAPPY this product worked for you....because it did nada for me when I tried last year. I have a lil bottle that I will give to you the next time I see you. :yep:

DeepBluSea

It did nothing for me as a conditioner. Based on some recs at NP, I tried it as a leave in and it is ok. I want to try to All Soft line next.

jadore03

Redken Butter Treat is now one of my staple conditioners/leave-in's! My hair was kind of dry after a WGO that I did earlier in the day, and I decided to put some of this in because I had heard TONS of great things about it...I just couldn't wait until wash time the next day! OH MY GOSH...My puff was screaming THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I would buy this stuff at full price...the Hair Cuttery is having a Redken bogo 50% off, so I'll be purchasing two bottles!!!

I even applied this before my blowout today. I used a bit of Giovanni's Direct Leave In, Butter Treat and Redken Heat Glide. For the first time ever, my hair is straight and it doesn't look dry, beat down, or like I got it done two weeks ago. I KNOW Butter Treat has alot to do with it, it's a smoothing treatment.

Naturals, Texlaxers, Relaxers....you ALL must try it!

I am loving this too. The hair cuttery here, about 3 weeks ago, had this on there clearance table for 3.00 and I bought all they had(4). They also had the little ones for 1.00 and I bought all of those(6).

ScandalousBeauty

Well the thing about it is that it isn't a conditioner...I thought it was, but I just read that it is not. It's a smoothing treatment. I wanted to make sure that my hair would be as sleek and unfrizzed as possible, and it worked WONDERS!!! Maybe if you try it along with your rollersets or wraps, curlform, whatever...I bet results will be a bit different!!! It probably won't do much if you do a co-wash with it.

Last edited:

morehairplease

Well the thing about it is that it isn't a conditioner...I thought it was, but I just read that it is not. It's a smoothing treatment. I wanted to make sure that my hair would be as sleek and unfrizzed as possible, and it worked WONDERS!!! Maybe if you try it along with your rollersets or wraps, curlform, whatever...I bet results will be a bit different!!!

oh, ok thanks LCM!

filthyfresh

I bought a sample size today!
My Hair Cuttery didn't have Redken as part of the sale.
Although they did have some Nioxin stuff for 75% off.

ScandalousBeauty

Okaaaaaay...so have any of you added this to your regimen as a leave-in...and not a conditioner?!?! I want to know how you all like it!!! I'm about to put my stylist onto it. Bet she'll be selling it in her salon along with the other Redken products!

hopeful

I love most of the Redken Smooth Down products, the butter treat, the detangling cream and the conditioner. The butter treat is very heavy IMO but my hair does like it, especially for my twists. It is too much for a flat-iron for my tastes though.

filthyfresh

Okaaaaaay...so have any of you added this to your regimen as a leave-in...and not a conditioner?!?! I want to know how you all like it!!! I'm about to put my stylist onto it. Bet she'll be selling it in her salon along with the other Redken products!

GIRL! Consider me converted! My hair LOVES this as a leave-in and as a moisturizer. It just eats it up. I used it on my hair on my roller set and for the FIRST time ever, my ends were nicely moisturized. I couldn't believe it! Plus, a little bit goes a long way. I still haven't used up my sample bottle. I may just invest in that $15 big bottle, with a coupon of course. Especially since the lady at Hair Cuttery persuaded me to sign up for a discount card. LMAO. Thanks for putting me up on this girl! :yep:

MonPetite

I've reviewed it and the Smooth Down Leave-in Detangler on my fotki and YES, I LOVE IT AS A LEAVE IN! It's FABULOUS! :grin:

ScandalousBeauty

LOL...No problem!!! Thanks for the other Butter Treat lovers who told me about it!

GIRL! Consider me converted! My hair LOVES this as a leave-in and as a moisturizer. It just eats it up. I used it on my hair on my roller set and for the FIRST time ever, my ends were nicely moisturized. I couldn't believe it! Plus, a little bit goes a long way. I still haven't used up my sample bottle. I may just invest in that $15 big bottle, with a coupon of course. Especially since the lady at Hair Cuttery persuaded me to sign up for a discount card. LMAO. Thanks for putting me up on this girl! :yep:

jade998

Well the thing about it is that it isn't a conditioner...I thought it was, but I just read that it is not. It's a smoothing treatment. I wanted to make sure that my hair would be as sleek and unfrizzed as possible, and it worked WONDERS!!! Maybe if you try it along with your rollersets or wraps, curlform, whatever...I bet results will be a bit different!!! It probably won't do much if you do a co-wash with it.

Thta is what I do, and I seal with some jojoba oil and I am good to go. Soft moisturise hair all week and I rarely need to moisturise till my next wash. This and kids organic keeps my hair soft as butter:grin:

This has been my staple for a while, I need to come to the states to get mine cause the tube cost me £9 (about $18)

chebaby

i just picked this up the other day. i washed my hair last night and for my leave in i mixed the butter treat with my salerm 21 b5 and my hair is soft. not as soft as it usually is but next time i will use it buy itself