Calling all REDKEN SMOOTH DOWN BUTTER TREAT USERS

Nanyanika

Questions!!!

1. How would you rate this products from a scale of 1-10?

2. Are you natural/texturized/relaxed?

3. What is your hair type?

4. what is your experience using this product. Does it live up to it claims?

"Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat smoothing treatment is a rich, luscious rinse out cream provides intense smoothing, long lasting conditioning, nourishment and control. Its unique Ionic Smoothing Complex contains Macadamia Oil, Candelilla Wax and cationic refiners that attract to and neutralise the existing anionic charges on your hair, smoothing its surface and providing a long lasting frizz free finish. It will leave your hair treated, streamlined, manageable and shiny"

5. True or false?

Please give honest opnions!!!
Thanks in advance

MissB

My friend,Wn2bhealthy, uses this and loves it. Send her a PM. I will see if I can get her to post a reply.

AshCash

The Butter Treat is a staple for me... I use it everyday. My 3Bish hair is chemically straightened down to a 1B. After I condition my hair I use a dollop of the Butter Treat as a leave-in concentrating on my ends and roots. I then duck my head under the water to rinse a little out and then comb my hair back into a ponytail. Based on my experience the Butter Treat does what it claims. With it my hair is soft and shiny. Without it my hair sucks. I've used it as a deep treatment before, but really prefer it as a leave-in. It does not build up on my hair at all. HTH

Nanyanika

Thanks ashcash, my hair is texturized curly with a few frizzies, is it any good at taming and smoothing?

LABETT

I love the Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat I always use it as a deep conditioner and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
But when I use it I use the entire line including the shampoo and heat glide.
I would say it does what it claims.
The Redken Smooth Down Conditioner is another story my hair hates this conditioner it makes my hair feel rough and no slip at all.

AshCash

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
Thanks ashcash, my hair is texturized curly with a few frizzies, is it any good at taming and smoothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would work well for this. I do use another leave-in and serum after the Butter Treat but when I skip the BT my roots dry a lot frizzier. The primary reason I use the BT is for detangling though. It gives great slip.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
AshCash said:
[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would work well for this. I do use another leave-in and serum after the Butter Treat but when I skip the BT my roots dry a lot frizzier. The primary reason I use the BT is for detangling though. It gives great slip.

[/ QUOTE ]

A conditioner with good detangling properties is defintely a plus in my books. Thanks

LABETT

Den
I forgot to post that I am relaxed 3c I have tried it with and without heat and I get better results with my heating cap.

Desert Skye

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:

The Redken Smooth Down Conditioner is another story my hair hates this conditioner it makes my hair feel rough and no slip at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The smooth down Conditioner made my hair rough and very dry as well.My hair hates the conditioner. I was thinking maybe i needed to use the butter treat with it?

Britt

Re: Calling all REDKEN SMOOTH DOWN BUTTER TREAT US

I used this several times and all times I hated it. It did nothing at all for my hair, just sat there like a bump on a log. Complete garbage for the cost.

Nanyanika

hey britt, what is your hair type and are you relaxed? this is so i can get i better view whether it will work okay on my hair.

Britt

I believe I am a 3c/4a and I am relaxed. I don't relax often though, about every 12-16 weeks if that makes a difference.

Wnt2bHealthy

Den1
I love the Butter Treat. It is all that I use for a leave-in and let it air dry. Actually, I've been using the whole line since it came out. I sometimes switch up on the poos and conditioner but always use the butter treat. I am a 4a/4b with relaxed hair.

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
I used this several times and all times I hated it. It did nothing at all for my hair, just sat there like a bump on a log. Complete garbage for the cost.

[/ QUOTE ]
ditto

Sweetyb

I recently bought this product in hopes that it would tame my recently very thick and unruly 4a/b natural hair. Well, I think it's this products that is to thank for my now moisturized hair, or atleast has a great deal to do with it. I washed and conditioned and braided my hair into sections. Halfway dry, I rubbed the Smooth Down Butter Treat into each of the sections and wrapped the braaided sections into bantu's. In the morning, I undid the braids and my hair felt very soft, from root to ends. It hasn't felt this way in quite a long time, so I give this product a 10.

Tene

I love the smooth down butter treat, makes my hair soft, moisturized and gets rid of the frizzies.

Nanyanika

Would you ladies say this product is better as a leave-in or rinse out conditioner? Maybe i need to experiement with these two options.

Chaya

Your welcome. Im a long time fan of this line and it has never let me down. Even when I find a new product and rave about it I always seem to go back to this line. I use the shampoo, conditioner, serum and deep conditioner. I use the conditioner for conditioner washes. I have 3c/4a mizani mild relaxed hair BTW.

Nanyanika

Yea, i received my Redken Smooth down butter treat today, i also order the all soft super treatment creme, I'll post back when i've tried the products.