Redken Heat Glide-Hit or Miss?

How is it going for you?

• I hate that stuff.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • It's just ok, you'll survive without it.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I love it!

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Odd One

Anyone still using this? How is it? I did a search(old threads) and it seems like it's hit or miss (raves about the shine or weighted down hair)

I'm asking because at every paychecks i question if i should try it (It's 22$ at my Walmart). Every two weeks i go to the Walmart, look at the bottle, read it, check the ingredient list then look under the bottle, see the price tag and put down the bottle....PATHETIC:lachen: i know thank you very much:look:

I just don't know if i can justify buying a 22$ bottle of product that seems to be hit or miss and that might not end up needing.

sorry for the long kinda story telling post:rolleyes:

I currently use nexxus heat protexx ... i just want a little more shine:ohwell:

Dposh167

it's a hit for me. Still a staple of mine. Doesnt weigh my hair down either. do u have an ulta near u? U can get the travel size for just a couple of bucks. that's what i did and i bought mine last year. and i still have some left in the bottle.

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
If you have an Ulta near you, get the 20% off coupon and use towards the Redken. You can also order online. I LOVE this stuff...A little goes a long way and has made my hair smooth and silky..Staple of mine! I know Cuteness loves it also!

*Michelle*

HIT! I've used it for years on my hair and others and it's great! It is a miss if you use to much/misuse it...just like any other product not used right.

clever

Miss...
I only used a tiny amount but the product itself was way too thick/heavy.I like lighter serums.

eta:My hair gets weighed down easily

pmichael52172

Miss miss miss!!! After my hair is curled and styled I get dry looking and dull looking hair even if my hair is moisturized! Blech!

cltsassy

It is a definite HIT for me. At first I thought it was too heavy. I put it on each section that I blow dried and could feel that my hair was coated and it felt heavy. However, I then flatironed with my maxiglide and didn't add any more serum. I couldn't believe how great it looked. You can get a trial size at Ulta for $4.00, which is what I did the first time. The full bottle is $16.99 (not $22.00 like at Wal-Mart).

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I tried it a while back. I thought it was good. But what was wonderful was the L'Oreal serum that was supposed to be the product twin of the heat-glide. Kerastase has a serum that I believe is similar to the L'Oreal.

LABETT

This is a hit for my hair and when I flatiron it always comes out nice.
I really do think it works better than the infamous CHI Silk Infusion on my hair.

outspokenwallflower

I havent voted, because I'm still on the fence...used it once or twice with my old flat iron, which was the primary reason why my hair felt dry, etc... Gotta be light handed; it's a lil thick for my tastes (thicker than a fantasia ic serum, IMO) but I will try it with my FHI eventually...my hair is working on getting back to normal, so it wont be anytime too soon.

sydwrites

Definately a hit, although I didnt pay $22. Ulta has the small ones if you just want to try it out for like $3 and Target had it cheaper as well; I caught mine on a clearence so it was like $7.

Kacie

This is a hit for my hair and when I flatiron it always comes out nice.
I really do think it works better than the infamous CHI Silk Infusion on my hair.

IA. I'm trying to get rid of my CHI by using it to coat my processed hair before relaxing.

Try the Redken heat glide with the silk wrap technique and you will be pleased.

Dove56

I LOVE IT! I use the Smooth Down Butter Treat (conditioning mask) then I apply a little bit of Smooth Down Detalinging cream and 2 pumps of heat-glide. My hair gets so straight I can't even wrap it.

Desarae

Hit for me. I really like it, and it helps with reversion.
use as directed, don't use to much or it will be a miss.

paradise79

HIT HIT HIT....I'm not regular with FI but every time I used it I was totally satisfied. Now I use it just to blow-dry and I like the result after the satin scarf,my hair is not weighted down at all. It goes a long way also, no need to pour half of the bottle for one head.

I also use it on DD, when blow-drying, she is natural and it works just fine.

Lexib

Definitely a hit.:yep: Try not to worry about the price - one bottle lasts a loooooong time. I bought my last bottle back in December and after straightening my hair at least every other week since then (don't judge :look:) I still have some left in the bottle.

$22.00 for 5-6 months of use isn't a bad investment imo.