Updates-Vitamin regimens

L

legs71

I've officially been taking my vitamins for 5 months now and I think I'm going to continue taking them. I'm impressed with the other benefits they provide healthwise. As far as the benefits for my hair I am pleased. My hair may not be growing as fast as I would like it to, but the quality and health of my hair has improved greatly. My hair which is shoulder length looks like wig hair. Once I get the length I want I will definitely be one of those people that other African Americans wonder if my hair is a weave or not. So how is everyone else doing with their vitamin regimen? Thumbs up or down? Is it worth the time and money?

Ennyaa

As of this weekend I'm officially loving my regimen. I have noticed a boost in my growth rate and since adding a new one in Dec, I think it will only get better. I currently have no plans to drop anything at all from my regimen, I don't care how crazy it is! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif lol

G

For the hair, I only take hairenergizer vitamins and MSM. My hair loves the combo.

Valerie

I have found that when I started taking the vitamins, your hair looks different. It has movement and body. It takes awhile for the growth to come, but the hair looks very much difference.
At the moment I take Hair Formula 37 Step 1 and 2
Horsetail 440 mg (2x)
Vitamin E 400 IU (2x)
Calcuim 800mg
codliver oil (2 teaspoons once only)
MSM 1000 mg (2x)
Flaxseed oil 1000 mg (2x)
Evening Primrose oil 1000 mg (once only)
Vitamin C 500 mg (2x)
Biotin 5mg (2x)
Pantothenic acid 200 mg (2 taken am and 2 taken pm).
I have increased my dose of Biotin to 10 mg, I have added Vitamin C and increased my dose of Panothenic acid from 600mg to 800mg, which will be done for two months at least, to see the difference. Also at night, I will drink nettle, lemon, kombu (Japensee seaweed, rosemary, ginger and lemon, maybe add honey to taste. Which is good for the system. The nettle is a good diuretic, lemon is good to detox, kombu is rich in iodine, and other minerals, plus it increases your metabolism, rosemary is a good tonic, ginger is good for the circulation. These supplements are good, but I like to always clear my system, to remove any build-up, so it clears the liver and the kidneys and so that the supplements are able to work effectively.

azul11

i think it depends on the individual. for me i had to discontinue using the vitamins 1) because it was tedious remembering to take up to 12 or more pills a day 2)some of the pills were huge and even though i got over it after a couple of days it wasnt fun swallowing these horse pills every day 3) the affects it had on my body werent worth it, it caused me to have a bigger appetite which caused me to gain weight 4) it isnt a routine i would like to do for life, i can see taking pill after pill for a couple of months even a year or two but for life i just cant do it. i stopped taking the pills for my own reasons and since i didnt want to have to deal with the symptoms i had from the vitamins i just figure i would try to nourish my scalp and eat more healthier. i think for some people its worth it for the results they get from their hair and for some they have no adverse effects at all, breakouts, pimples, frequently going to the bathroom, gas, weight gain etc...so they can continue successfully. to each his own. God bless you all.

Country gal

I started taking the vitamins in early December. It is too early to tell if it is helping my hair to grow. I know my hair is in really good condition right now.

Shem Min- 2 tablets daily
MSM- 2- 3 tablets daily
Vitamin Shoppe- One a day multi-vitamin
Biotin- 1 5mg daily

Ennyaa

That tea sounds interesting. I've been toying with the idea of upping my dosage of Biotin to 8mg but decided to hold off. I think I'll let the Viviscal do it's thing for a while and see. I agree with you about your hair changing, it's kinda weird. Are you gettin better results since you upped you dosage?

And Azul.... 12 pills? Is that all? lol Just teasing. I try not to count the pills I take cuz.... well let's just say it's ALOT more than 12. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

L

legs71

it is very strange how the vitamins have changed the texture of my hair completely. I went from dry,thin brittle, fragile, lifeless hair with unbelievably "nappy" unmanageable growth to shiny,soft,full of body, silky strong looking hair with new growth of the same consistency. It's very amazing. Right now I am attempting to tweak my regimen and break up my daily dosage to 3x's daily so I'm taking some morning, noon and night.

Ennyaa

Yeah I had to set myself on a strict schedule with my regimen but I take so many different things that it's helped me to NEVER miss a dosage. I have it broken up into 4x a day.

1- In the morning when I first get up.
2- With my first meal of the day. (during the week that's breakfast, on the weekends it's usually lunch. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)
3- With my second meal of the day.
4- An hour or two before I go to bed at night.

I have woken up out of a dead sleep in the morning to make sure I take them things. Sometimes I have to laugh at myself.

LondonDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Thumbs up or down? Is it worth the time and money?

[/ QUOTE ]

That my dear, is totally your call. By the sounds of it you are benefitting from them and seeing results not just in your hair but healthwise too.

Some people notice nothing with their hair growth and don't take them at all for hair growth. Others have and continue to take them. So for you I'd say thumbs up, and it's worth the time and the money.

T

Tee

Ennyaa, how long have you been taking the Viviscal and what are your results? Were you already taking other hair supplements when you started taking Viviscal?

Thanks,

Tee

Ennyaa

Tee I just started the Viviscal on 12/13. (I wrote it down so I would remember.) I have to say I really think my hair is doing well with it already but sometimes it's hard to tell. I will give it another couple of months before my final judgement but so far so good. Lucia on these boards has been taking it quite a bit longer than I. I was already taking all the other supplements before I started on it except for the EPO and Flaxseed which are fairly new. I think in 4 weeks when I remove my braids again if I see an inch or more (hopefully) of growth I will keep on with it all. I have been taking pics of my progress since October and I will probably put them up around March or so.

LABETT

vitamins played a vitale role with my hair growths
here my regimen
delinea-gnc
pp greensource
pp biotin 5mg
pp silica
pp b5
just added flaseed seed oil and epo

L

legs71

I stopped taking all my vitamins 3 months ago due to laziness. My hair grew about the same rate, but I contribute it to hot summer weather. Just this week I started taking them again, but I cut down on what I take. I'm now taking:

multivitamins
HSN vitamins
biotin
vitamin e
lechitin
MSM