Relaxed Hair and Natural Products

MissB

I have been on a natural kick lately. And I decided to research natural products for relaxed hair. I have used Carol's Daughter, myhoneychild.com, and Karen's Body Beautiful in the past. I ordered the wrong scent from Karen and it was a little over powering. I like the Type 3 and 4 Hair Cream from myhoneychild but the peach oil in Sophia's Old Fashion Hair Grease is over powering also. Both ladies provide great customer service.

Carol's Daughter's products are okay but the customer service sucks. However, the products are available from Sephora now with some preservatives for shelf life purposes.

Having said all of that, relaxed heads please list your favorite natural products.

I appreciate your responses!

Thanks,

MissB

I've been on a natural kick and and I started using qhemet biologics and aubrey organics and I looooveeee it:D I decided that I didn't want to clarify too often so I switched up and so far so good and I don't get that coated feeling in my hair:)

MissB

Qhemet seems to be popular. Where do you order this from? naturallycurly.com or qhemetbiologics.com?

AtlantaJJ

Grow Hair Down My Back!

Their Sidr Tree butter is wonderful too. If you wear your hair down it may be a bit heavy, but I'm wearing protective styles and it's perfect. I used some Sunday and my hair still feels like sweet butta! I know I could grow hair down my back (as my mother used to say) using that stuff and protective styling.

ajargon02

MissB said:
I have been on a natural kick lately. And I decided to research natural products for relaxed hair. I have used Carol's Daughter, myhoneychild.com, and Karen's Body Beautiful in the past. I ordered the wrong scent from Karen and it was a little over powering. I like the Type 3 and 4 Hair Cream from myhoneychild but the peach oil in Sophia's Old Fashion Hair Grease is over powering also. Both ladies provide great customer service.

Carol's Daughter's products are okay but the customer service sucks. However, the products are available from Sephora now with some preservatives for shelf life purposes.

Having said all of that, relaxed heads please list your favorite natural products.

I appreciate your responses!

Thanks,

MissB

I am not relaxed, but I love this line, she even has sample packs! http://oyinhandmade.com/oyin/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=59c6242ae5ec552052292f94653f0158
Her stuff smells so yummy you will want to eat it,but don't (unless its the lip gloss !:lachen: )

NessaNessa

Well, I have too many products to use up before I even begin to go the natural product route. But once I use these all up, I will try out several of those mentioned in this thread.

MissB

Would someone please list the ingredients for the Sidr tree butter from your jar? It sounds so good...

HoneyDew

MissB said:
Would someone please list the ingredients for the Sidr tree butter from your jar? It sounds so good...

Ingredients: Pure Mowrah (Bassia Latifolia) Butter, Distilled Water, Organic Sidr (Zizyphus) Extract, Organic Aloe (Aloe Ferrox) Africana, MSM Sulfur, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Emulsifier, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (Food Grade Paraben-free and Formaldehyde-free Preservative), Fragrance.

kitkat3ny

I like Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Oil Heavy Cream for my night time moisuturizer since it's heavy.

I just order a ton of Blended Beauty products from sistasplace.com and she has great service. I'm really digging these products. I usually order my products from Naturallycurly.com.

AtlantaJJ

Ingredients: Pure Mowrah (Bassia Latifolia) Butter, Distilled Water, Organic Sidr (Zizyphus) Extract, Organic Aloe (Aloe Ferrox) Africana, MSM Sulfur, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Emulsifier, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (Food Grade Paraben-free and Formaldehyde-free Preservative), Fragrance.

Sounds like sumthin your momma would whip up if she had the time! Feels like it too!!!!! :lol: except I don't know what Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin are, must be a preservative. (dog now I gotta look that up too!!) But its food grade, so it could be sumthin like Crisco...

Also known as the Lote tree, Lotus tree, Nabhk tree and Christ's Thorn, the Sidr plant is a member of the Buckthorn family and is native to Ethiopia, Egypt, the Sudan, India and the Arabian peninsula. Often mentioned in ancient texts, the Sidr tree was consider sacred by the ancient Egyptians who associated it with the god Nefertum. The Egyptians pictured God sitting on a lote-tree above the watery mud. It is also mentioned in the bible and the koran. Mahomet says that a lote-tree stands in the seventh heaven, on the right hand of the throne of God. The ethnobotanical record mentions numerous uses of the bark, roots, leaves and fruit in cosmetic, pharmacological and culinary preparations. The leaves of the Sidr tree were used as a hair tonic and emollient. Tradition describes a paste made from the powdered leaves that promotes hair growth, treats scalp conditions and darkens the hair when applied to the hair and scalp. The dried and powdered paste was also used by women as a hair wash to make the hair soft and lustrous. This rich, creamy butter combines the ultra-nourishing properties of Organic Sidr Extract and Organic Aloe Africana with the softening and moisturizing benefits of Pure Mowrah Butter. Lighter than the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, it leaves fine, dry hair soft and supple. Use with the Honeybush Hair Tea Soft Hold Gel for added moisture!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]100% Vegan
99% Natural

Rub a dime sized amount between palms and thoroughly distribute through damp or dry hair. Leave in.
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Quantity in Basket: none
Code: STBB
Price: $10.00
Shipping Weight: 0.80 pounds
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

MissB said:
I was thinking about getting the shampoo bar for my son. He uses an entire bottle of shampoo for one washing.

Thanks for the tip girl, I'm down with the samples, I can't buy one more thing for a minute!! Ya'll gonna get me broke up in here, but my hair will be really pretty!!:lachen:

AtlantaJJ

Ebonygurl00 said:
Qhemets Olive Cream Detangler is the best product ever made.:lol: I'm serious!!!
I figure everyone needs a cause, mine is to eventually become cone free. I'm doing my natural products research. I found this, I will be placing an order with her this weekend. I want to get the sulfur polmade as well....HoneyDew mentioned she thinks it's giving her a boost in hair growth.

AtlantaJJ

AtlantaJJ said:

Sounds like sumthin your momma would whip up if she had the time! Feels like it too!!!!! :lol: except I don't know what Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin are, must be a preservative. (dog now I gotta look that up too!!) But its food grade, so it could be sumthin like Crisco...

Also known as the Lote tree, Lotus tree, Nabhk tree and Christ's Thorn, the Sidr plant is a member of the Buckthorn family and is native to Ethiopia, Egypt, the Sudan, India and the Arabian peninsula. Often mentioned in ancient texts, the Sidr tree was consider sacred by the ancient Egyptians who associated it with the god Nefertum. The Egyptians pictured God sitting on a lote-tree above the watery mud. It is also mentioned in the bible and the koran. Mahomet says that a lote-tree stands in the seventh heaven, on the right hand of the throne of God. The ethnobotanical record mentions numerous uses of the bark, roots, leaves and fruit in cosmetic, pharmacological and culinary preparations. The leaves of the Sidr tree were used as a hair tonic and emollient. Tradition describes a paste made from the powdered leaves that promotes hair growth, treats scalp conditions and darkens the hair when applied to the hair and scalp. The dried and powdered paste was also used by women as a hair wash to make the hair soft and lustrous. This rich, creamy butter combines the ultra-nourishing properties of Organic Sidr Extract and Organic Aloe Africana with the softening and moisturizing benefits of Pure Mowrah Butter. Lighter than the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, it leaves fine, dry hair soft and supple. Use with the Honeybush Hair Tea Soft Hold Gel for added moisture!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]100% Vegan
99% Natural

Rub a dime sized amount between palms and thoroughly distribute through damp or dry hair. Leave in. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Quantity in Basket: none
Code: STBB
Price: $10.00
Shipping Weight: 0.80 pounds [/SIZE][/FONT]

Revisit, I'm still in love with this for daily moisture especially for protective styling. Straight up moisture. This might be heavy for down hair styles. It last for ever too!

Tee

I am loving products from Oyin Handmade.

CD Hair Balm is another one of my favs.