Relaxed ladies with little to no breakage: What do you use to moisturize?

SleekandBouncy

What do you use for daily moisturizer?
Deep Conditioner:
Regular Conditioner:

Me - but I get too much breakage! :(
Elasta qp mango butter every other day
usually Nexxus humectress conditioner

DAILY MOISTURIZER:KERACARE HEADRESS MIXED WITH A LITTLE BIOSILK

DEEP CONDITIONER: I ALTERNATE, MOISTUREFUSE AND HUMECTO MIXED TOGETHER
WHEN I NEED A LOT OF MOISTURE, AND AFFIRM 5IN ONE WHEN I
WANT A PROTEIN CONDITIONER(NOT TREATMENT) TO MAKE HAIR
STRONGER
REG CONDITIONER: I USE THE SAME ONES FOR REG AND DEEP, AND I SIT UNDER THE
DRYER AT LEAST 20 MI, THEN WET SET. ALSO, ALOE VERA AND
EVOO THE NIGHT BEFORE I WASH MY HAIR.

I usually switch my conditioners up each day. But I use garnier furtis, mane and tail, le kair, dove, and costco brand conditoner, queen helne deep conditioner.

I used to get alot of breakage i was one of those people who would brush their hair and i would have lots of broken hair all over my shoulders.

Lately since i've joined LHCF i dont get broken hair on my shoulders and im getting very little shedding which im very happy about so far.

For me i've made sure to wash my hair once a week, im looking to try doing a conditioner wash 1x a week as well. i would also like to try out Giovanni Direct (if i can find it) for when i airdry my hair

When i wash my hair i steam it for 20-30 mins with Sahara oil with added rosemary oil.
I've focused on moisterising my ends 2x a day with castor oil, i recently bought QP Elasta Mango Butter for my ends that seems really nice.

My shampoo is Mizani and my conditioner is Nexxus Hemectress.
I use Fantasia leave-in conditioner daily.

I think the key is moisterise, using little heat and stretching my relaxer.

What do you use for daily moisturizer? BB Castor Oil Moisturizer, Elasta QP Mango Butter, Africa's best oil or EVOO, and (for major post relaxer S-Curl mix)
Deep Conditioner: Silicone Mix, Miss Key 10 en 1, Capilo Sole & Cinnamin, and homemade Avacodo & Goya Coconut Milk mixed.
Regular Conditioner: Capilo Avacodo, Sole & Cinnamin, Silk Protein, and Honey & Milk Rinses.

Last edited:
Daily Moisturizer/Oil: Wild Growth Hair Oil and NTM Healing Shine Serum

Regular Conditioners: Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner, NTM Daily Deep Conditioner, L'oreal Color Vive Dry Defense 3 Min Treatment, L'oreal Color Vive Color Care Masque (I mix the Creme of Nature and NTM together and use sometimes, and the two L'oreal Conditioners together and use).

Deep Conditioners: Motions CPR, Motions Silk Protein Conditioner, Motions After Shampoo Moisture Plus Conditioner, Nexxus Aloxxi (Black) Color Infusing Conditioner.

Shampoos: L'oreal Color Vive Shampoo, Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Detangling & Conditioning Shampoo, NTM Cream Lather Shampoo.

Clarifying: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

*I also have Mane 'N Tail products that I use every now and then. My hair likes more moisture than protein so I use Mane 'N Tail strictly for protein fixes. I use color care/color preserving conditioners and shampoos because I went back to coloring my hair on a regular basis with a permanent henna hair color.

daily moisturizer= I use NTM Silk touch cream on dry hair, mixed with jojoba oil and NTM serum
deep conditioner- I use NTM Daily Deep conditioner for regular and deep conditioning.
I never use to use leave in conditioners, just started last year, once I started, i noticed my hair thriving like crazy. I use Rusk leave in.

Daily Moisturizer- Scurl, Coconut Oil, MTG, and Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturizer for bun days. BBD Stretch Creme, NTM Leave in and NTM serum for days when I am wearing my hair loose.

Daily - Carol's Daughter Hair Milk or Hair Butter

Weekly - Deep Condtioning with K-Pak or Sebastian

I have very very little breakage when my hair is freshly relaxed (probably up to 6wks post). (i am actually surprised). As i creep up on 8wks post...i start to get a somewhat larger amount, but nothing alarming.

What did i use to get to this point? last year, my hair was breakage city because i just was starting to get into haircare...beginning of the year i bought a boatload of mizani products and it whipped my hair into shape, i'd say over the course of Jan thru June, now i'd say my hair is finally healthy. With mizani, you will see good results, but unfortunately it doesn't have your hair feeling good & silky overnite, like some products (elucence for example).

So anyways, now i've switched to CON poo and Kenra poo. mostly kenra moist cond, sometimes mizani moisturfuse cond, NTM serum, NTM silk touch-leave in. And my daily moisturizer which i absolutely love is UBH dew spray and UBH creme moisturizer. sometimes I'll use EQP recovery oil which is very similiar to UBH creme except it contains protein and it's a little more heavier cause it contains a little bit of mineral oil. I used to use EQP mango butter, but as you continue to use it daily...like after day 3...my hair is somewhat hard and brittle. But the UBH is the only thing i've found that is total moisture and no protein and no mineral oil. So i can slather or spray on as much as i want, every single day without having to worry about my hair getting hard or brittle. I'm getting low on these bottles and it looks like i'll be purchasing again, although i initially said i wouldn't because of the expensive price......

Back