RELAXED MY HAIR AND I'M VERY CONTENT (PICS)

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
Your hair looks so lush and beautiful! I'm glad you're happy--ultimately, that's all that matters. Relaxed or natural, once you're content with your decision, that's what counts. :)

den1 said:
i ended my year long transition and relaxed with Elasta QP Sensitive scalp, and had my hair trimmed to remove some of the old texturized hair, its around arm pit length. so far I really love how much easier my hair is to manage. and i'm looking forward to enjoy experiementing with my new texture. Thanks for everyones support.

Nanyanika

loonatick said:
looks beautiful!
will you be continuing with your same regimen? Protective styles, C & G...?
Thank-you. Yes, i will be continuing with my same regimen, the only change is adding a reconstructor every 3 weeks and wearing more updo styles rather than braiding 24/7.

Nanyanika

MizaniMami said:
IT'S BEAUTIFUL! Go girl! Are you planning to change your regimen??
Thank-you, There will be a few slight changes, probably with the type of conditioners i use and frequency, however i will continue to airdry my hair as i've always maintained.

Nanyanika

Candy_C said:
hey sis, glad the relaxer worked :) gonna have a peek now lol
Thank-you Candy, for suggestion this relaxer, it didn't burn my scalp i only had a slight tingling.

Nanyanika

Divine Inspiration said:
VERY pretty!!! Kudos to you for not being a prisoner to your hair when it was giving you a hard time! :clap:
Thank-you i really do feel free....and i don't care how anyone perceives this. i was a slave to braiding all the time because i couldn't manage the thickness of the hair and I felt like an old granny, i feel much happier, i do lnow thst i'll have to be very gentle with the hair and not treat it like my transitioning/texturized hair.

Nanyanika

sareca said:
It's gorgeous!:dance7:I can't wait until touch-up time. Relaxed hair is sooo much easier to manage.
Aww thank-you!!!! are you gonna get your relaxer too? congrats whatever you decide i'm sure it'll look stunning.

Dare~to~Dream

Your hair looks great! I'm thinking of getting a relaxer too {by this summer I will know}. Will you also try other new styles, like rollersetting?

Nanyanika

MzTami said:
Hi Den1

I can definately understand your frustration of transitioned hair. I'm glad that you are happy with your decision!

Your hair is BEAUTIFULLL(That's with 3 L's) It looks so thick, and most important of all HEALTHY!

Good Luck to you and happy hair growing!
Hi girl, i know you were looking for BC pics and i didn't have the heart to tell you what i was about to do to my hair lol glad you like it too. thanks for the support

s_terry

Den1, it's beautiful!! :D :D :D Why did you decide to go with the relaxer you did. I thought I remembered you asking about the affirm vs Vitale? Just curious.

secretdiamond

OMG your hair is BEAUTY-FULL !!--- cause it has tons of beauty and it's so full!! LOL... I know it's corny, but it's true. ;)

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Congrats Den!

Your hair looks really sleek, shiny and pretty.

How much did you get cut off? I was expecting to see your hair hit your knees!

deborah11

Wow Den, your hair is gorgeous and I am so glad that you are happy with it. Did you relax it yourself or did you have it professionally done? How long was the relaxer left on your hair? Is it bone straight now? I love it!

Suri

Your hair looks very good den, congrats to you on your journey, I am certain that you will take MORE than good care of your relaxed hair seeing as how good you took care of your transitioned hair.

I am right there with you, it's been a little over a year of the same hair business for me, I may be posting the same message soon..lol. good luck again!

Mestiza

Den1, your hair is so shiny, beautiful, healthy and dark! I
it!
:rosebud:

Nanyanika

Lanelle said:
Your hair looks great! I'm thinking of getting a relaxer too {by this summer I will know}. Will you also try other new styles, like rollersetting?
I will certainly try a lot of relaxed styles like rollersetting etc. i can't wait.

Nanyanika

JCoily said:
Congrats Den!

Your hair looks really sleek, shiny and pretty.

How much did you get cut off? I was expecting to see your hair hit your knees!
Thanks....Over the transitioing year i cut about 8 inches from my head, i had a lot of damage from texturizers with stylists and some breakage during my transition. I'm not concerned about my length, because my hair grows fast anyway, by the end of the year i'd probably be just below bra strap. sorry to sound big headed lol