RELAXED MY HAIR AND I'M VERY CONTENT (PICS)

Nanyanika

s_terry said:
Den1, it's beautiful!! :D :D :D Why did you decide to go with the relaxer you did. I thought I remembered you asking about the affirm vs Vitale? Just curious.
I didn't go with Affirm because i had bad experiences. Even though i read great things about vitale lye, however there were no testimonials on their no lye formulation. Candy c has great results using Elasta QP no-lye so i decided to give it a try.

Nanyanika

sylver2 said:
Beautiful!! How often are you going to get touchups??
Well because i transitioned for a long time and managed it okay, and the supplements make my newgrowth a lil easier to cope with now, i'd say four months.

Nanyanika

deborah11 said:
Wow Den, your hair is gorgeous and I am so glad that you are happy with it. Did you relax it yourself or did you have it professionally done? How long was the relaxer left on your hair? Is it bone straight now? I love it!
Thank-you, i had my relaxer done by my church sister, who has a home salon. Hmm it took a while to apply the relaxer is was more like a virgin relaxer, and my hair is extremely coarse and thick about 30-35min. its straight with no wave, i have lots of body though, i can't tell if its bone straight yet, i'll have to wait til wash day.

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
Den1 your hair looks fabulous! It certainly looks very healthy and full of body. Good for you for making the decision to relax fully and I am certain you will maintain the health/length of your hair because you have so much hair care knowledge under your belt. Good luck and enjoy your hair!!

Nanyanika

blac_quarian said:
Den1 your hair looks fabulous! It certainly looks very healthy and full of body. Good for you for making the decision to relax fully and I am certain you will maintain the health/length of your hair because you have so much hair care knowledge under your belt. Good luck and enjoy your hair!!
Thank-you!! i'll try my best to maintain my hair, its early days yet, so far so good.

Faith

Looking good girl :)
How much did you end up cutting off??
You relax and I'm thinking of going natural for good :lol:

Southernbella.

Your hair is beautiful. It was beautiful before too, so you can't go wrong!:D Congrats on making the decision and on your new hair journey...I'm looking forward to your rollerset pics!

Nanyanika

Faith said:
Looking good girl :)
How much did you end up cutting off??
You relax and I'm thinking of going natural for good :lol:
Thanks, i had about 1 1/2 inch taken off, over the transitioning year i took off a lot of length, you can see from my old hair pics that my hair was midback last year. my aim was to remove the damage texturized ends, and i have accomplished that. good luck with your natural hair journey.

Nanyanika

angelk316 said:
Your hair looks very good. Keep up the good work. Are you planning to braid your hair again in the future?
Yes, I will be braiding in autumn, i have updated my site with my new regimen, there isn't that much difference from my original one, only what styles i wear. It is very simple and I use no fancy expensive products.

Nanyanika

lauren450 said:
Your hair is beautiful. It was beautiful before too, so you can't go wrong!:D Congrats on making the decision and on your new hair journey...I'm looking forward to your rollerset pics!
Thank-you, I don't think I have the courage yet to try a rollerset, i'll get my stylist to do it.

Nanyanika

thickness said:
Looking good Den! Very pretty and shiny. What type of spray on color do you use?
Thanks, all i know is my stylist used this spray on colour product from US, she sprayed it on my hair and blow dried it. i'll find out the name when i call her next.

XXXtacy

:FlahsssssWork it Girl!!! :Flahsssss

You look Marvelous!!! Your hair is Divine..... So healthy, silky and shiny!!! You have done a wonderful job with your hair regime and it shows!!!

Nanyanika

XXXtacy said:

You look Marvelous!!! Your hair is Divine..... So healthy, silky and shiny!!! You have done a wonderful job with your hair regime and it shows!!!
lol i'm working it alright. thanks girl!!! there's more to come

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Wow Denise!!! I'm so excited for you. Like, Kitchen_tician, I too will miss your transitioning stuff, however you have plenty for us to fall back on, just don't get rid of it....

When you said you were relaxing around your birthday I knew you'd do it much sooner...why wait, ya know?

Anywho, what did you do to your hair to prepare for the relaxer?

ETA: After getting my blowout I saw how lush and pretty my hair was and considered for a moment, relaxing..but I digress, my hair was never this thick as a relaxed head. It thin and breaking and didn't retain length at all no matter how much took care of it.... so I'll try, by the grace of God, not to take that chance.

Last edited:

PinkPeony

XXXtacy said:

What she said!Your hair looks great:eek:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

ITA, Den1 your hair looks excellent, I'm loving the thickness. I was in another thread and saw that beautiful bun in your siggy and was like, she did it-ran st8 to the album, LOL. I love it. ;)
[XXtacy]:FlahsssssWork it Girl!!! :Flahsssss

You look Marvelous!!! Your hair is Divine..... So healthy, silky and shiny!!! You have done a wonderful job with your hair regime and it shows!!![/quote]

ekomba

den1 said:
i ended my year long transition and relaxed with Elasta QP Sensitive scalp, and had my hair trimmed to remove some of the old texturized hair, its around arm pit length. so far I really love how much easier my hair is to manage. and i'm looking forward to enjoy experiementing with my new texture. Thanks for everyones support.

CONGRATULATIONS DEN!!! and enjoy your hair girl;)