Relaxer Stretch

How far are you stretching your relaxers?

• 7 weeks and under

Votes: 51 4.5%
  • 8-9 weeks

Votes: 212 18.9%
  • 10-11 weeks

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • 12-14 weeks

Votes: 350 31.2%
  • 15-17 weeks

Votes: 104 9.3%
  • 18 weeks and over

Votes: 231 20.6%

• Total voters

shelly25

My last relaxer was in october and I will get another one in February, maybe March. It depends on how I feel.

Simply_Kelz

In general, I do 12 week stretches.

I work them all out in my agenda for the year so that they match up with special occasions, holidays or birthdays, so I have done or plan to do a few 16 week stretches.

mahogany_horizons

I work them all out in my agenda for the year so that they match up with special occasions, holidays or birthdays, so I have done or plan to do a few 16 week stretches.

THIS IS WHAT I DO AS WELL LADY! It works out well for me.

I will do it again on my anniversary in april, and then again for my conference in July!

Calia001

14 weeks post
im gunning for 20 weeks, not perming till the end of lhcf bootcamp session 1
half wigs are my best friend

jazzyto

Im at 8 weeks, trying to do my first 12 week stretch and see how that goes. Would like to try a 6 months stretch but taking it one week at a time.

wheezy807

I'm only 10wks post but i usually relax at 16wks. This time i'm going for my first 24wks. My aunt also got her last retouch in november and she told me that her next retouch will probably be on mother's day. So i am somewhat relieved because mentally i know i'm not alone, lol. If i can do 16wks on a regular basis with no problems i really hope (pray) that adding 8 more wks won't be too bad.:ohwell: One thing for sure is when i am past 16wks weekly deep conditioning and daily moisturizing will be a must. I hope i can be more consistent and far less lazy at that point.:perplexed

MissNina

Libra Girl

I do this too, but it depends on how hard detangling gets. Last stretch (abo 15 weeks) I lost so much hair and was so sad. . .it was my first stretch. Now I'm planning to do 12-14 weeks, and maybe stretch it to 16-18. We'll see.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
On Sunday I will be starting week 23 of my stretch. I am kinda looking rough right now but I am getting my kinky twist "freshened up" saturday. I am going an entire 65 weeks without a relaxer just to give my hair a much needed break so I will wait till Dec.
What has helped me is the C&G method. I modify it a little in the fact that I only spend 2 weeks out of braids (I use my wigs at that time) but I D/C 2-3 when I am not in braids. When I am in braids I D/C 2x a week

beans4reezy

I'm at my 26th week!!!!!!! But once I get my Jaza wash n wear in the mail, I'll probably end the stretch. I think 7 months is pretty decent for a stretch

PGirl

I'm giving myself a touchup this Saturday/Monday after stretching 16 weeks.

Congrats! I know you are excited...I'm shooting for 20 and I'm only half way now...yikes! :perplexed

I'm at my 26th week!!!!!!! But once I get my Jaza wash n wear in the mail, I'll probably end the stretch. I think 7 months is pretty decent for a stretch

I would say 7 months is amazing. Congrats to you as well!:rolleyes:

wheezy807

On Sunday I will be starting week 23 of my stretch. I am kinda looking rough right now but I am getting my kinky twist "freshened up" saturday. I am going an entire 65 weeks without a relaxer just to give my hair a much needed break so I will wait till Dec.
What has helped me is the C&G method. I modify it a little in the fact that I only spend 2 weeks out of braids (I use my wigs at that time) but I D/C 2-3 when I am not in braids. When I am in braids I D/C 2x a week
Please keep us posted. This is astonishing!

yvette

I am currently 23 1/2 weeks since my last relaxer. What has helped me has been my moisterizer concoction of aloe vera juice, silk amino acids, honeyquat and glycerine. I put that in a spray bottle and it helps to tame my hair and keep it moisturized.

Also, I wear my hair in a bun almost every day. So, I have very low maintenance.

LongHairNWaiting

Infusium 23, and Aphogee Leave-in, mixed with Cathy H. Dew...man between all 3 of them, my hair is staying strong. I am currently 7 weeks post, and this weekend I will be going back to braids. Moreso, b/c of the weather back/forth...rain, sun...wind...more wind. So I have been wearing pin-ups as a protection style. But come Sunday...it's back to braids and heavy exercise....

Tamrin

unapologetic
31 weeks post and my relaxed hair and natural hair are not behaving. I just did a S&D to get rid of split ends. I had a lot. Specially in the front after that Dominican blow out. Why do I not learn.. I have tried 50 11 moisturizers they are not working.

Silken Child- Hard and dry hair
NTM- Hard and dry hair
Rusk-Passion flower aloe leave in - Hard coated, tangled hair. It helped with the NG but not the relaxed hair.

The only thing thats giving me a little ( I mean little relief) is ORS Olive oil cream moisturizer.

PGirl

31 weeks post and my relaxed hair and natural hair are not behaving. I just did a S&D to get rid of split ends. I had a lot. Specially in the front after that Dominican blow out. Why do I not learn.. I have tried 50 11 moisturizers they are not working.

Silken Child- Hard and dry hair
NTM- Hard and dry hair
Rusk-Passion flower aloe leave in - Hard coated, tangled hair. It helped with the NG but not the relaxed hair.

The only thing thats giving me a little ( I mean little relief) is ORS Olive oil cream moisturizer.

This may sound crazy BUT...If you haven't tried Sta Sof Fro on your roots you should. My NG loves it. There are some threads about it. I use the spray but alot of people like the rub on kind. It's better on lightly damp or dry hair...not too wet :yep:

danimani

Just checking in to see how everyone's doing!

I won't get a relaxer until I go home in May (I only trust one person to put them in!) so I've got a while to go. Last relaxer November 18th...

thankfully, I transitioned for 9 months when I went natural, so I'm pretty good at dealing with new growth!

Tamrin

unapologetic
This may sound crazy BUT...If you haven't tried Sta Sof Fro on your roots you should. My NG loves it. There are some threads about it. I use the spray but alot of people like the rub on kind. It's better on lightly damp or dry hair...not too wet :yep:

Thanks for the advice. I decided to do some kinky twists and I made my braid spray using leave in conditioner and Glycerine and little rosemary. I works for my hair.

trendsetta25

I'm stretching for 14 weeks (its my first time). I've been alt. between weaves amd braids because my new growth is serious! (many combs were broken during this process)

cutiepiebabygirl

I am currently 8 weeks post...and will be stretching to 12 weeks...what helps is that I co-wash every 2-3 days...airdry..while my hair is still damp..I apply hawaiian silky 14n1..glycerin..and africa's best herbal to my ends and NG...I pin my hair up with one magic hair clip..and put on my silk scarf..and I wake up to very soft..flufFy NG...also I only comb once a week under the shower with a head full of condish!

HTH