Rollers 101: Which rollers to use to create your style

la929

Taken from Sally's website, I thought this might help those who are low/no heat, to keep the styles fresh and exciting...

BEAUTY SOLUTIONS

Rollers 101
Use rollers to create any style you want.

Whether your hair is straight, wavy or curly, you can use rollers to enhance your hair’s natural texture or to change it!

STRAIGHT TO CURLY
TRY: Caruso Professional ProSet Steam Hairsetter
Steam setting uses soft foam rollers and molecular steam to produce exceptionally strong hold without damage. This method is particularly effective on curl-resistant or fragile hair.
HOW TO: Place one roller at a time on the steam setter before rolling. Allow hair to set for five to ten minutes before removing the rollers in the same order in which you placed them. Tousle hair and finger style.

STRAIGHT TO SOFT WAVES
TRY: Jilbère Porcelain Series Hair Setter -12 Roller
Ceramic rollers eliminate damaging hot spots and provide maximum heat transfer. The flocked velvet roller surface is gentle to the hair and provides good grip. Includes six medium and six large rollers.
HOW TO: Heat rollers. Section hair and prep each section with shaping hair spray. Use large rollers to create soft waves. Allow rollers to cool before gently removing them. Use your fingers to comb through your waves.

STRAIGHT TO FULL
TRY: Velcro Classic Stylers
Self-stick Velcro rollers are super lightweight and come in all sizes. For smooth styles, use the largest size your length will accommodate—from two to three inches. For relaxed hair, try gentler Velcro Designed for Me Stylers.
HOW TO: Apply a root lifter to damp or dry hair. Use large-size rollers and use metal clips to hold them in place. Air dry as you dress and do your makeup, then finish drying with the blow dryer, followed by a blast of cool air before carefully unwinding them (don’t pull!). Brush hair through.

WAVY TO CURLY
TRY: Salon Care Snap-On Magnetic Rollers
Ideal for fine, thin hair, magnetic curlers do not “grab” hair, so there is little chance of breakage. Hair clings easily to smooth surface, which creates smoother curls. The plastic snap-on clips help keep curlers in place without pins or clips.
HOW TO: Use small-sized rollers to turn loose waves into curls. Section damp hair and prep with hair gel. Wind small sections of hair around rollers. Air dry or use a diffuser to dry hair before unrolling. Tousle curls and finger style.

WAVY TO TEXTURED
TRY: Babyliss Pro Hot Sticks Ceramic Hair Setter
The unique roller design of Hot Sticks creates a variety of waves and curls and allows you to use larger sections of hair, for faster setting. The ceramic core generates far infrared heat for faster, gentler styling. Includes 20 rollers.
HOW TO: For a radical wavy texture, take two Hot Sticks and wrap the hair around them in a figure-eight pattern. Air dry or blow dry with a diffuser finishing with cool air. Remove sticks and tousle hair with your fingers to give the hair a lived-in textured look.

WAVY TO SMOOTH
TRY: Jilbère Porcelain Series Travel Hair Setter
The five, velvety, jumbo ceramic rollers in this set make it perfect for creating smooth, full styles. These rollers are ceramic-injected for even heat distribution and maximum heat transfer.
HOW TO: Roll large sections of dry hair around jumbo-sized heated rollers. Allow rollers to cool completely before removing them. If the set is too tight and/or there is too much curl, use a blow dryer on medium heat setting and a paddle brush to stretch out/relax some of the curl.

CURLY TO SPIRALS
TRY: HairArt Super Rollers
Flex-rods are long, cushioned rollers that bend in any direction. They can be used to create soft, natural-looking curls or spirals and don’t require pins or clips to stay in place.
HOW TO: Use long flex-rods for spiral curls. First mist each section of damp hair with spray gel. Starting a few inches from the scalp, spiral hair down the rod and bend the ends of the rollers to secure. Air dry or diffuse. When hair is completely dry, unwind flex-rods and finger comb.

CURLY TO SOFT WAVES
TRY: Profiles Spa Tourmaline Hairsetter
This set contains six large, eight medium and six small hot rollers infused with tourmaline, a precious gemstone which emits gentle infrared heat with ionic properties for faster styling with less damage.
HOW TO: First, apply a glossing serum to towel-dried hair and blow hair straight. Next, wind sections of hair around medium to large heated rollers. Allow rollers to cool completely before removing. Finger comb to break up waves.

CURLY TO SMOOTH
TRY: Salon Care Jumbo Magnetic Rollers
Extra-large magnetic rollers are perfect for smoothing out curls. Hair clings easily to the surface for faster wet sets, and the vented design decreases dry time on longer hair.
HOW TO: To smooth your curls without heat damage, prep your hair with a straightening balm, set it on large magnetic rollers, secure with clips and air dry. For faster results, use a ceramic-ionic blow dryer with a diffuser and high heat setting, then set the style with the cool setting. Unwind and brush through hair.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/consumer/solutions/1-1.asp

la929

I was really excited when I saw this, takes all the guess work out of which rollers to use. I am trying to use low heat so this really comes in handy for me

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
BUMP----okay, yeah I know, this is a very OLD thread but just wondering what is the best rollers to buy from the above listing?

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I have the Caruso's. They are great for changing my hairstyle in a hurry.

I also have the flexi-rods and magnetic. I rollerset on magnetic and sit under a hooded dryer. I use flexi-rods for spirals overnight and airdrying.

Esthi777

BUMP!

I've been looking for this info for 3 or 4 days now. I wanted a method of curling my hair safely. I'm tired of wet setting and wanted to cut down on the time by using hot rollers. I have Caruso curlers but with my 3a hair, it's just not that fantastic. I went and bought the Hot rollers with the flocking listed above and they're fabulous! I ended up DCing last night and air drying over night with a pineapple and slept on a satin pillow. This morning I simply put the curlers in and got the same results as a wet set but bouncier curls. This way is much easier!