Sabino Moisture Block - it worked for me!!

Eclass215

So I know it's been talked about before (which is how I found out about it) but just to give a fresh review - I like it!!!

So I got my free sample just in time for my trip to Florida for a wedding. I pressed my hair while I was still in Maryland and the weather was cool 60's. I did a little experiment and only put SMB on the front right side of my hair. On the front left I put Chi Silk Infusion and on the back I just put Pantene Heat Protectant and Biosilk. So by the time I landed and got to my hotel, the SMB section was perfect - the rest was getting frizzy!! It didn't even seem that humid so I was shocked, happy, and disappointed because the other products clearly didn't protect against frizz and I left the SMB at home!!:wallbash:

I can't wait to try it again and use it on my entire head!!:yep:

Eclass215

Are you all turning your flat irons up to 450 as suggested?

My Chi iron doesn't have temp settings so however hot it gets, that's it. I'm not really sure how to it is - but it's HOTT!!

Where can I find it?

Hey all; I'm in the UK and I am dying to try this. Does anyone know where I can get Sabino from??????

You can buy it online easier than in a store. Try http://www.sabinohair.com/Shop.php

BeautifulRoots

yep, sabino works yall. There are sooo many straightening serums i've tried that promised no frizz...what did I get? Frizz. lol. Sabino is the only straightening serum that I tried that actually worked...even when I was sweating, 85 degree humid weather in the summer. Hair stayed straight, didn't puff or frizz and im a natural 4a. Great product!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Added to 2009 Wish List....But where can you find the sample cause I dont see it on the site?

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Where do you get it? Does it have to be ordered from the company?
Look above, it says where to order it. They ship stuff super fast and I mean SUPER fast. I always get my MB in about 2-3 days from when I order it and have been using it since Apr/mayish. I use it even now because it protects hair from all elements including wind, harsh weather, etc according to Victor's emails. (He's the owner). I've found that to be true as I don't have any split ends. It also locks in moisture until the next wash and I like that it keeps me from having to reapply all the time, as the moisture doesn't evaporate from the hair.

luckiestdestiny

Added to 2009 Wish List....But where can you find the sample cause I dont see it on the site?
I had to look up the links again from my email requests to their site. You can just ask for a sample now by calling them, or emailing them under their contact us. Or you can use the links I'm copy pasting here. It's not listed on their site, as I explained in another thread, but it's still active. I called them and got the low down. Also one of my best friend's got the new link, as she wanted to try a sample a while back (can we say convert). Anyways there are two links, but they go to the same place. http://sabinohair.com/popup.php or http://sabinohair.com/0O37eTEbdD8t43l.html

Both I've had friend's order from and still got their samples.

You don't have to wait until 09 to try the samples are free. They are also good for roller sets, or just defining curls.

Muse

Hi everyone! This is my very first post here but I have been lurking for a loooong time. I found out about moisture block through this board. I am a transitioning 4B(I have really rough resistant 4B hair). I have quite a bit of new growth and I LOVE to flat iron and silicones!! I have to say that MB is by far superior to any serum/silicones I've tried-and I've tried a lot!

I've used SMB when flat ironing and air drying to seal in moisture. I will admit I didn't really like it for air drying because my hair felt more dry and frizzy but that could be because I didn't use enough or possibly buildup from conditioner when I went no poo for a while-Victor says that can make hair dry. I use quite a bit when I flat iron and it doesn't weigh my hair down because like luckiestdestiny(I have been following your reviews on this product) I keep it simple. Leave in a bit of my conditioner and MB. That's it! I use to pile on a bunch of stuff because my hair is soooo dry but Victor convinced me to stop and the result is PROTECTED, RELAXER(I am not kidding!)-fresh hair! I did it on saturday and it still swings today(and I still smell the matrix conditioner-no burnt hair smell). Feels moisturized not coated-even though it technically is:grin: Now he does recommend Matrix Sleek Look conditioner and that could also have helped with the straightenig but I haven't found a better combo.

I have been emailing Victor and he told me to share what he's told me with the ladies on the hair boards so I signed up, paid the fee so I could share with you all. Sorry this is going to be pretty long but I've saved all my emails from him for reference. HTH!

Muse

1st email:

Hello Victor,

I would like to start off by saying that I love your moisture block product! I believe it saved my hair when I was blow drying/flat ironing a lot. I now wear my hair in its natural state(4b) and would like to use it to seal in moisture. I have heard that the only way to remove non water soluble silicones is with sulfates in shampoo. I only shampoo my hair twice a month but I wash it with conditioner daily. None of my conditioners or moisturizers contain silicones. Shampoo really dries out my hair so I don't use it often. Will conditioner be enough to remove the silicones in moisture block? I would like to use it daily after my conditioner wash to seal in moisture but I have to know if I'm getting your product off my hair so that the conditioner can penetrate.

Thank you so much Victor

Victor's Response:

Washing your hair with conditioners causes build up and makes hair opaque especially in the winter cold months. Conditioners are basically made up of air and water and have no redeeming value for the hair shaft because hair is dead. Think of conditioners like a spackle for hair. They dilute within 2 to 3 hours after application but MB locks them in. I do not recommend using conditioners as a shampoo supplement as they clog the pores of your scalp.

Sulphates are in all types of shampoos from sulphenates to sulphates. I can take pure SLS and rub it on my arm once every two hours throughout the day and the worse thing that can happen is a little irritation. Shampoos only have approximately 15 to 20% SLS and by the time that you dilute it with shower water, it knocks it down so low that all you get is suds but no irritation. SLS has gotten a bad rap just like silicones. This information is from companies that market “natural” products for hair, which most are bogus. Your hair doesn’t care if you use avocado or a chemical. It only reacts to the dryness of certain combinations of ingredients. In other words, you can use a shampoo like Silkening shampoo by Aquage and Matrix sleek look conditioner and get better results with less dryness. Also, it’s not the conditioner that is making your hair get better but MB. It’s the only product for hair that locks in the essential moisture content of 10 to 11%. Anymore moisture then that and your cuticle swells making hair frizzy or limp. It’s not so much what you put on your hair but instead, what you put in your body. Your hair is a waste area just like your bowels and skin. You can take an aspirin and find it in the hair shaft 12 hours later.

I recommend shampoo and conditioner as suggested above and MB, that’s it. Your dryness could actually be coming from conditioner build up and it takes a while to eliminate that much conditioner layer after layer. If you are experiencing dryness, make sure that you are applying MB as soon as you squeeze out the excess moisture and make sure all of the hair is covered. It will lock in the moisture and conditioner until the next shampoo. I have gotten many women off of washing with conditioner and the results are amazing. Your hair is actually 300% stronger with the proper moisture content then dry. Moisture is more effective for hair then conditioners, which are simply a “feel good”.

Conditioners may not have enough surfactants (suds) to eliminate all of MB. Get a good shampoo and conditioner!

Muse

2nd email:

Hi Victor,

Also many African American women are told that it is bad for us to wash our hair daily with shampoo. So at the most many of the women I know on the hair message boards will use shampoo weekly. I hear what you are saying about clogged pores and since I am trying to grow my hair long from a very short cut I do not want to hinder any growth progress. Do you feel it's ok for me to wash my 4B hair with shampoo daily as long as I use moisture block each time?

Thanks again Victor!

Victor's Reply:

It’s not necessary to wash your hair daily especially if you flat iron, I would suggest about twice a week. Please spread the information and the video link to the others on the message boards to watch them as well. The videos are helpful for women other than African American that struggle with frizzy hair. Washing with conditioners is suggested to add weight to the hair. With MB you can have less weight and more control.

Thank you,

Victor

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LjdynKkxd0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1D8dfxpYo Her hair was shampooed and conditioned just prior to shooting the video.

Muse

3rd email:

Oh my gosh Victor! I tried your suggestions this time and I am floored by the results.

I washed my hair with Matrix Sleek Look shampoo(I am having a hard time finding Aquage) and I used the Sleek Look conditioner and rinsed. I them towel dried and applied moisture block. I was a bit nervous about not using a leave in conditioner before combing my hair out but I must say this was the easiest detangling session I've ever experienced. I had the least amount of hair in the comb since I can remember. For the first time in a long time I wasn't afraid to comb my hair!

I air dried and applied a little more Moisture Block and continued to flat iron. I am transitioning to natural so I have several inches of virgin hair with relaxed ends. After flat ironing with MB it looks like I have a fresh relaxer. I thought I was happy with MB before I followed your directions to a T but now...! When I first started using MB I was so convinced that my hair needed all of these added moisturizers so I would literally put in 2-3 different products and then MB on top of that. I was frying my hair. Last week I flat ironed with an organic conditioner, raw shea butter, and John Freida serum. My hair felt great but as I looked closer I noticed more split ends and in some parts my hair strands exploded right in the middle of the shaft! I cooked my hair with the shea butter and the oils from the conditioner.

I also notice that when I use any other heat protectant besides MB and I turn my flat irom up all the way my hair gets so hot that I burn my hands if I touch it right after ironing that section. Not so with MB this is how I know my hair is protected. I think most people will have failed results with your product because they did not (like me) follow the directions. We are convinced that we need more when this product proves that less is WAY more. I am so happy that I can wear my hair straight and grow it long without worrying about breakage or heat damage. I am even happier that I can clean out my closet of all the useless and damaging hair products. I have wanted a simple hair regime for the longest time and now I have it. I will save so much money!

One more question for you, the matrix shampoo has dimethicone as the 3rd ingredient and I wondering should I use a shampoo with silicones? I thought the purpose of the shampoo was to strip the silicone away so your hair can be remoisturized by the water and the conditioner and MB will seal it again. How can a shampoo like that effectively cleanse the hair and seal with a silicone at the same time?

Thanks!

Victor's Reply:

I am sooo happy that it works for you.

The silicones in shampoos do not adhere. They are used to soften the affects of the cleansing not for depositing. MB comes out with even the gentles shampoo. When you lightly rinse the conditioner, you are allowing MB to lock it in for a better “feel good” longer.

Victor

I have one more email from him but it's at work so I will post it tomorrow. I plan on putting myself on a MB challenge for a year to see if this will help me retain length. He claims none of his clients have heat damage so we'll see...

Muse

Edit: Wanted to add that he said you don't need a clarifying shampoo any shampoo with a sulfate even the milder ones will do to remove it from the hair. I hate using clarifying shampoos because they are so drying but since I don't have to then I love this product even more.

BTW I am NOT a rep from the company I just really like this stuff :)

Last edited:

winterinatl

All natural!
Thanks for your review! I am still using it and loving it. My hair swings and blows in the wind like I just pressed it last night, only it was Sunday night. Oh and I left my scarf off and forgot to wrap a few times - no matter. All I do is comb it out again in the morning, no problem, no weird bent hair, no bad hair days.

Muse

Thanks for your review! I am still using it and loving it. My hair swings and blows in the wind like I just pressed it last night, only it was Sunday night. Oh and I left my scarf off and forgot to wrap a few times - no matter. All I do is comb it out again in the morning, no problem, no weird bent hair, no bad hair days.

I know! I have never had so many consecutive good hair days:lachen: I am loving it. So glad I found this board that introduced me to this stuff!

200AndOne

dangit - just clicked the links above for the free sample and got this msg:

Due to high demand for our product, we are unable to provide any more samples at this time.
Please feel free to try our product with the 100% satisfaction guarantee.

:wallbash: ya'll done beat me to the punch!

SelfStyled

Muse - thanks so much for that review. Welcome. I love the SMB, I use it exclusively. I rarely flat iron, and have incorporated it into to my airdry regimen, and my hair is very happy. It is exactly like Victor says my hair stays moisturized for days.