Salerm Wheat Germ Mask

AudraChanell

I've been using SWG Mask since last April and though I didnt get the WOW feeling either, it is by far a the best deep conditoner I have used in 15 years. WHY? Because I have LOTS of elasticity and my hair feels sooooo, moisturized. The only thing that changed in my regimen was the use of SWGM. So please dont expect the bottle to kiss you or anything like that :lachen: it aint happening. I love how my hair felt not only mins but months later.

Also, you dont have to use a lot, I use a little less than a tablespoon full. and sometimes mix with Garlic Oil to stretch. I also Put EVOO on my ends with it sometimes.

Last edited:

mrslee

Love yourself first!
AudraChanell said:
I've been using SWG Mask since last April and though I didnt get the WOW feeling either, it is by far a the best deep conditoner I have used in 15 years. WHY? Because I have LOTS of elasticity and my hair feels sooooo, moisturized. The only thing that changed in my regimen was the use of SWGM. So please dont expect the bottle to kiss you or anything like that :lachen: it aint happening. I love how my hair felt not only mins but months later.

Also, you dont have to use a lot, I use a little less than a tablespoon full. and sometimes mix with Garlic Oil to stretch. I also Put EVOO on my ends with it sometimes.
OH MY GOODNESS!! Only a little less than a tablespoon!! I think I used about about 1/2 cup on my head the first time! LOL! I will tone it down next time!

I see you Mona! LOL!

AudraChanell

:lachen: Well it varies. Sometimes I lay it on THICK and other times a tablespoon. I use it after EVERY shampoo and almost rarely use any of my other conditioners so I have to conserve, honeychile!! :grin:

mrslee said:
OH MY GOODNESS!! Only a little less than a tablespoon!! I think I used about about 1/2 cup on my head the first time! LOL! I will tone it down next time!

I see you Mona! LOL!

MonaLisa

AudraChanell said:
:lachen: Well it varies. Sometimes I lay it on THICK and other times a tablespoon. I use it after EVERY shampoo and almost rarely use any of my other conditioners so I have to conserve, honeychile!! :grin:

Originally Posted by mrslee

I see you Mona! LOL!

LOL....I see u too girl....and u know what....I can feel Audra's heart up in this the way I feel about my Phyto and my Humecto...so I'm gonna give this a go and implement into my regimen when it gets warm. That sucka is 14 bucks a jar at the Dominican bss...so...Mo will be wearing her hair down when she uses this and conserving like the SWGM pusher...;)

KAddy

AudraChanell said:

Dang that's it? I know I used more than that. I need to conserve to as the shop I got it for got me for 20 dollars for it. :ohwell: I didn't use a conditioner before using it either. I think I will try adding castor oil on my ends when I use it.

Audra, I went a stalking...a BROWSING in your album and your hair is FABULOUS!!!!! Your hair is growing so fast as well.

Back on topic
I think this is another reason I decided to try the SWGM. I mean look at the hair of the many ladies (Audra, Sengschick, Boadicea and Lorraine to name a few) that use it. They all have fabulous healthy hair. They forced me to get it. yeah, that's it. I was forced to get it because their looks so good and I want mine to look good too. :lol: No seriously. :look:

sengschick

The Bun Master
You so crazy Kaddy. But thanks Sweetie :kiss: . I had this same initial rx to SWGM... it's aigght. But the more I use it the more I appreciated and love it. It doesn't knock your socks right off until you get close to the end of the tub. By then you are in :love: and totally sold. It's one of my absolute favorites. I probably use 2 tablespoons b/c my hair is dense and I like to feel the product coating my hair. But even at that rate it lasts for a long time. I just ran out and I bought it last spring. I only use it once or so every other week. I may increase the frequency b/c I want some of those Audra Chanel results :yep: !

Boadicea

I just ordered the Alter Ego deep conditioner and if I don't like it, I'm going back to SWG. I'll probably go back to it anyway because I can't see paying $40 for deep conditioner.

I've used SWG for several years and it hasn't failed to give me strong, shiny hair yet. I may even try mixing it with my hair smoothie.

moneychaser

I only use SWGM when I wear my hair down in a rollerset. Never tried it on air dried hair.. The only other product I use with it is a leave-in...
I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

mrslee

Love yourself first!
KAddy said:
Dang that's it? I know I used more than that. I need to conserve to as the shop I got it for got me for 20 dollars for it. :ohwell: I didn't use a conditioner before using it either. I think I will try adding castor oil on my ends when I use it.

Audra, I went a stalking...a BROWSING in your album and your hair is FABULOUS!!!!! Your hair is growing so fast as well.

Back on topic
I think this is another reason I decided to try the SWGM. I mean look at the hair of the many ladies (Audra, Sengschick, Boadicea and Lorraine to name a few) that use it. They all have fabulous healthy hair. They forced me to get it. yeah, that's it. I was forced to get it because their looks so good and I want mine to look good too. :lol: No seriously. :look:

Same here, I dont want to be left out! I have also noticed my hair has more of a sheen to it. Not sure if it is related to my Oil Challenge or the Salerm!

AudraChanell

Just give it a try ... at least finish your bottle :) I would hate to hear that anyone uses this product and doesnt yeild good results. And I have very dry hair. If it doesnt work 4 you I hope you find something that provides you with lots of moisture and elasticity. I want everyone to feel as good about A deep conditioner as I do about SWG. I am using something that I KNOW works for me :) I cant imagine my hair life without it now :(

PS- thanks 4 the compliment ladies :)

Attachments

• salerm.jpg
    salerm.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

ElegantExotic

I use this! I first started out with the 6.74, and loved it so much I purchased the 1000ml size! I'm on my second 1000ml tub. It really is good!!! I'm going to use it today!

Angelicus

I really liked this conditioner back in 2003 but after using three times, it dried the heck out of my hair. The first two times that I used it, my hair was silky and my new growth was easier to manage (I always do my hair in sections). Good luck, everyone.

caribgirl

How do you guys use the mask. Do you use it by itself after a poo? Sometimes. I mostly use it as a deep con wash mixed with peppermint oil and a little EVOO. I place this mixture in the mcrowave be4 using.
Do you use another conditioner after the mask? No way. It's great all by itself!
Is the Salerm mask considered a protein treatment or a moisturizer? According to the Salerm website, it is considered a deep moisturizing conditioner.

How long do you leave it on? I leave it on for 20 mins. with a steam cap or for hours while I'm working around the house :yep:.
Do you have to use heat? I don't need to but I often do.

Please provide any additional comments that might be helpful.
My friend purchased this from NY for me and I'm so hooked on it!!! Awesome deep moisturizing condtioner and it's like gold to me :lachen:!

Enjoy and tell us how you liked it yourself.

Last edited:

Leslie_C

Hmmm....I used to use this a couple of years ago...I went thru a couple of jars of it. I liked it then and that was when my hair was pretty jacked up, then it made some progress, then I had a horrible setback and went natural. I might have to pick up another jar and see how I like it now and how my hair responds....I like the sound of the increased elasticity...my hair could use that since I think thats why it doesnt like to hold curl

gymfreak336

Hmmm....I used to use this a couple of years ago...I went thru a couple of jars of it. I liked it then and that was when my hair was pretty jacked up, then it made some progress, then I had a horrible setback and went natural. I might have to pick up another jar and see how I like it now and how my hair responds....I like the sound of the increased elasticity...my hair could use that since I think thats why it doesnt like to hold curl

Check your porosity too.

AtlantaJJ

I just ordered the Alter Ego deep conditioner and if I don't like it, I'm going back to SWG. I'll probably go back to it anyway because I can't see paying $40 for deep conditioner.

I've used SWG for several years and it hasn't failed to give me strong, shiny hair yet. I may even try mixing it with my hair smoothie.
I wish I would have read the reviews about the Deep product before I bought a big ole jug. It seems to leave my hair dry. Perhaps I should consider it a protein treatment. I need to find out what to mix the Salerm Deep with to make it work for me...

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack, I just used deep last night and my hair is like...blah. It has Cermades in it so I thought it would be gold....

Suggestions would be appreciated.. :grin:

Britt

I wish I would have read the reviews about the Deep product before I bought a big ole jug. It seems to leave my hair dry. Perhaps I should consider it a protein treatment. I need to find out what to mix the Salerm Deep with to make it work for me...

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack, I just used deep last night and my hair is like...blah. It has Cermades in it so I thought it would be gold....

Suggestions would be appreciated.. :grin:

I know a member who mixes hers with Alter Ego Garlic Treatment and she loves it. If you have some maybe you can try that mixture? Also, did you ues yours with heat? Try adding about a tblsp to the amount you use and go under the dryer for 15-20 minutes.

AtlantaJJ

I know a member who mixes hers with Alter Ego Garlic Treatment and she loves it. If you have some maybe you can try that mixture? Also, did you ues yours with heat? Try adding about a tblsp to the amount you use and go under the dryer for 15-20 minutes.
Oh snap, now I have an excuse to buy the Alter Ego Garlic! LOL

I wonder if I put some drops of the Aphrogee Essential Oils in there if that would help. I used heat both times and I just wasn't impressed... My hair acts like a light protein. I just had a thought, I could also try mixing it with the Silcon Mix too :coffee:

Thanks for the tip!

Healthb4Length

I brought a whole bunch of stuff from salerm and nothing really worked. I remember this mask being one of them, it was ok for me. Nothing to make me buy another one, I did like leave-in though but it was too expensive.

soonergirl

Hey ladies, I like it.. Im on my 2nd jar... Whenever I use this my hair detangles with ease, and it has a soft but strong texture... Just chiming in..:drunk: