Scalp Exfoliation: Before And After

g.lo

Hi ladies,

I have been in lurking mode for a long time.
I wanted to share this picture I took of a scalp, and the difference that one exfoliation has made ( I used the philip kingsley scalp mask).
the young lady washes her hair on a weekly basis, although not noticeable to the naked eye, her scalp was really congested. I have been invited to different hair show and seminars here in Uk and Paris, and i have seen hundreds of heads, and about 95% although they take care of their hair and scalp, have dead skin build up and trapped sebum without knowing. the worst case , was when they use conditioner to clean the scalp.
I have filmed a video explaining everything ( a bit long sorry), hope this will help somebody.
Sorry for my accent as french is my first language.

Gaby

Attachments

• scalp.jpg
    scalp.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 499

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@g.lo

Nice Video! Very helpful.

I recently purchased Naturelle Grow's Espresso Scalp Exfoliation. Haven't tried it yet tho.

I've used/tried Phyto before and looked at Philip Kingsley. Ouidad also has one.

Thank You.:thankyou:

ETA: Can you exfoliate using a Scalp Brush?

g.lo

@g.lo

Nice Video! Very helpful.

I recently purchased Naturelle Grow's Espresso Scalp Exfoliation. Haven't tried it yet tho.

I've used/tried Phyto before and looked at Philip Kingsley. Ouidad also has one.

Thank You.:thankyou:

ETA: Can you exfoliate using a Scalp Brush?

yes, you can exfoliate using a scalp brush a paddle brush. I f i get time i will make a video to demonstrate.

g.lo

@g.lo
How effective are the Exfoliating Products? How was the Philip Kingsley?

How often should you use such product? And does Clarifying help?

Or is it the scrubbing that helps with the Exfoliating process?

the philip kingsley was very effective as you can see on the before and after. I am giving details on the video.
I recommend to exfoliate once a week ( if you shampoo once a week), but that will depend on the frequency you shampoo your hair.
Unless there are ingredients in the shampoo (including clarifying shampoo) that will effectively remove dead skin, it is better to you a scalp exfoliant.
Enzymes based or salicylic exfoliant do not require scrubbing, as they soften dead skins ready to be washed out ( also remove harden sebum inside the follicle). Exfoliant without enzymes, will rely on beads, or coarse substance and scrubbing to remove dead skin.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Will use a vial of Phyto for tomorrow's wash day.

Now I wish I would have kept the Ouidad Bay Leaf one I pick up from Marshall's.:look:

May go back and see if they still have those just to have on hand.

caliscurls

@g.lo excellent video and when you step back and think about it, it makes complete sense that the scalp needs to be exfoliated regularly. I'm curious if in doing so some people have experienced a perceived "growth spurt" because their hair follicles are healthier when really they are probably growing at their optimal normal rate...what are your thoughts?

One thing is for sure, I'm going out this week to pick up one of the products you've recommended and will incorporate it into my routine.

Again, great video and thanks for posting it!

g.lo

g.lo

If I can't find the Ouidad at Marshall's, I may look at Kiehl's. (They also have one)

ETA: I think certain "Teas" for Tea Rinsing might have similar properties.
If I can't find the Ouidad at Marshall's, I may look at Kiehl's. (They also have one)

ETA: I think certain "Teas" for Tea Rinsing might have similar properties.

these are the ones I did put in the description box.
Enzymes based:
Philip Kingsley Exfoliating Scalp Mask
Alterna Caviar Exfoliating Scalp Facial
Kiehls Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment
Aveda Invati Exfoliating Shampoo
Ouidad Mediterranean Bay Leaf Exfoliating Hair and Scalp Treatment

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
these are the ones I did put in the description box.
Enzymes based:
Kiehls Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment
Ouidad Mediterranean Bay Leaf Exfoliating Hair and Scalp Treatment

@g.lo
I had two of these (bolded) a while back, I picked up at Marshall's and ended up taking it back.

I'm looking at the Kiehls. The one I am currently using from Phyto is: Phytosquame.

overtherainbow

Thank you so much for sharing the video and pics!!! I experience more shedding than I would like and have a somewhat oily scalp. I'm going to start researching ingredients now to see which enzyme based exfolianthe fits my reggie.