Scalp Exfoliation: Before And After

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
The sad thing is, it wasn't even that long! Maybe one summer of co washing with WEN.

So, I used the T/Sal from Neutragena (6.99). I thought better of using my face wash because I read somewhere it may damage the hair. However I suspect that's hogwash bc sulfates are sulfates...

Anyway, I rinsed, then towel blotted until damp, and tried to apply directly to scalp via section ing I squirted some on countertop and put it on fingers to apply. It lathers easily and copiously. I massaged into scalp well. Left on 5 minutes, rinsed. Shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe. Now I'm deep conditioning with silicon mix and that conditioner Kenechom.

My scalp feels...more "open". I felt weird applying goop on it right after. Because these conditioners sure are comedones. I hope this benefits me some way.

I'm going to try the body wash this week. I thought about it last week and forgot to try it. I'm going to put it in a applicator bottle and apply directly to my scalp. I'll follow up with a moisturizing shampoo.

I don't think it will damage my hair. As you said sulfates are sulfates.

I washed with the Nioxin Scalp renew and my scalp feels cleaner than it's ever felt. Bad news is that I can't get rid of the lifted dead cells even after several shampoos.

I guess I know without a doubt that it worked but those damn things!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 131

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Very interesting video and thread.

I have in my stash, Phtyoneutre Clarifying Shampoo that contains witch hazel among other ingredients. Will that work?

My other idea, since it worked really well for my skin, was mix clay with a few crushed up aspirins, etc. That was actually pretty inexpensive to make. Hmmm, let me find that recipe.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Very interesting video and thread.

I have in my stash, Phtyoneutre Clarifying Shampoo that contains witch hazel among other ingredients. Will that work?

My other idea, since it worked really well for my skin, was mix clay with a few crushed up aspirins, etc. That was actually pretty inexpensive to make. Hmmm, let me find that recipe.
Please and thank you.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I haven't used my Silk Elements scalp treatment in a while. Maybe I can use it for a few minutes before I wash my hair Thursday.
I thought about you when I was in Sally's today. I was like "what was that Silk Elements thing Pretty Metty said?" Then I remembered this thread lol. I ended up showing the picture of the bottle to the cashiers because they didn't know what the heck I was talking about :lachen:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Please and thank you.

The basic recipe requires adding 2-3 aspirin to your clay mix. You can crush them or dissolve in your liquid before adding to dry clay.

You want to use uncoated aspirin, NOT the ones with a thick coating. I found them at a local dollar store.

So,

Aspirin
Clay of your choice, roughly 2 tsp but add more if desired
Oil of choice, roughly 1-2 tsp
Aloe Vera gel, juice or plain water added until you reach your desired consistency.

Aggie

@Phoenix14, Please Come back and let us know how the Aveda shampoo worked. I saw it on several sites I visited and it's pretty expensive. Have you used it before?
Just read a few reviews of this shampoo on several sites and it got some very mixed ones so I'll pass on this one and stick with Nioxin Scalp Renew and Kerastase Chronologiste.

Phoenix14

@Phoenix14, Please Come back and let us know how the Aveda shampoo worked. I saw it on several sites I visited and it's pretty expensive. Have you used it before?

I've never used it before. I bought the travel size at a salon. I think I'm going to try and track down the Philip Kingsley or else the Nioxin will be my go to. I may use the Aveda in between Nioxin uses.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did the Nioxin scalp treatment Wednesday. I followed the directions and let it process for 10 minutes. It burned a bit, but once I rinsed it my scalp felt great. The bottle says to discard the rest, but I'm saving it for next time. I hope this gives me a growth spurt.

ajargon02

I washed with the Nioxin Scalp renew and my scalp feels cleaner than it's ever felt. Bad news is that I can't get rid of the lifted dead cells even after several shampoos.

I guess I know without a doubt that it worked but those damn things!

I purchased this too along with the scalp serum since I got them in a set at a good price. How do you use it though? I looked online and they said to part the hair and put it on your scalp but if I recall you have.to be quick with it and not save any leftovers. Is this true?

Aggie

I purchased this too along with the scalp serum since I got them in a set at a good price. How do you use it though? I looked online and they said to part the hair and put it on your scalp but if I recall you have.to be quick with it and not save any leftovers. Is this true?
@ajargon02,

Check the Nioxin site. They actually have a video of the application process and it didn't look like they were using any special speedy application to me. You can find the video on youtube.

I believe they ask you to discard the remainder because the nozzle of the bottle seemingly touches the client's scalp and I'm guessing they don't want to use that same one on another client.

Remember this is a professional product. This is just my thought by the way. I have no other idea why they'd ask you to throw the rest away. Unless of course, once opened, it might oxidize quickly and therefore not be beneficial, idk.

This would make sense if the product has exfoliating properties in it like aha acids etc, in it. Once tightly shut though, it should still be good for a month I'm thinking.

Last edited:

snoop

I used the Komaza Pona exfoliant today. At first I didn't notice anything, but by the time I finished the whole wash processes, it did feel like my scalp was cleaner.

How often are you guys exfoliating? Are you noticing any increased growth or improved health of your hair by doing so?

Thann

I used the Noixin Scalp Renew three days ago.

Prior to using my hair was really dry, my scalp constantly had flaking to point I had tender spots. I was also dealing with above average shedding.

I had on black legging while applying the treatment and bent my head bent over as I massaged it in. I literally had soggy dead skin all myself when I finished.

I noticed afterwards while I was flat ironing that hair seemed to be oily. I guess I should've shampooed better though. My scalp actually look different now...almost like it's been moisturized. Haven't had any flaking. Shedding is way less too. So far so good.

Phoenix14

I used the Noixin Scalp Renew three days ago.

Prior to using my hair was really dry, my scalp constantly had flaking to point I had tender spots. I was also dealing with above average shedding.

I had on black legging while applying the treatment and bent my head bent over as I massaged it in. I literally had soggy dead skin all myself when I finished.

I noticed afterwards while I was flat ironing that hair seemed to be oily. I guess I should've shampooed better though. My scalp actually look different now...almost like it's been moisturized. Haven't had any flaking. Shedding is way less too. So far so good.

That's awesome!!

Aggie

I used the Komaza Pona exfoliant today. At first I didn't notice anything, but by the time I finished the whole wash processes, it did feel like my scalp was cleaner.

How often are you guys exfoliating? Are you noticing any increased growth or improved health of your hair by doing so?
I believe it should be done once every 4-6 weeks @snoop.