Scissor Happy Stylist Black List

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Okay girls, here it is! Our place to get 'em back--YES! It's the Scissor Happy Stylist Black List. For their protection (we'll be the nice ones here)--no first & last names. Location is optional. I'll start by listing all the ones I remember from my entire life:

Addie
Ms. Brown
Yolanda
Keith
TyAnn
Michelle (Oh Boy was she an SHS!)

inthepink

My big fat shs would

CASEY

I had long healthy length all around when I was 17 (probably bra strap length). Went for a cute "asymmetrical bob" and ended up with the top half of my hair cut to one inch - well, except for the front sides which were pretty much shaven.

i12sitonmyhair

Chero-Khoi American
ALL of the stylists I've visited in Atlanta! That's why I don't go anymore.

felicia

duke, the hair cuttery

my hair was way past bra strap and he cut it unevenly to just at the top of my shoulder. It was four years ago and I'm still fuming
I still wanna
his

bellydancer

Rae Jean at Creations. She didn't create anything but a horrible relaxed mess that had to be chopped on weekly!! I'm a very nice person but...

bellydancer

Don't worry! I'm just going to cut off a half an inch, ok?
Sorry. I'm just venting. I jus pray she isn't touching anyone elses head and would you believe that she has won awards for doing hair!!!!

UmSumayyah

This list is a good idea. One request. Please edit to include the city and state of the stylist in question. (and salon if you didn't include it)

ETA: I just noticed supergirl didn't want to include their names. I thought the purpose of a "blacklist" was so that none of us here would make the mistake of going to them. If we can't identify them fully, then this list offers no protection for us. It's more like a "venting about scissor happy stylists"

Tebby1017

My regular hairdresser, Angela! She can do an excellent doobie but DO NOT let her "trim" your hair!! Twice I made the mistake and you would think I would have learned my lesson the first time.

If you live in or visit Syracuse, New York - DO NOT let Angela from Tayhi's Beauty Salon trim your hair!!

Tebby

ms_kenesha

Emmanuel Hair Salon in Kettering, MD the African woman who you'll immediately get if you're a walk-in, I guess all the people who made appointments realized she cuts your hair off

Tracy

NIDIA - at Dominican Hair Salon (yes that's the actual name of the salon) in BK. She was the owner and operator of Nidia's Unisex salon...

Nidia is INCAPABLE of trimming less than 2 inches of hair. I have watched person after person leave her chair in tears. Just going to the salon this was a regular occurence. She kept your haie healthy, but whenever you were getting over that "hump" - SNIP!

henrilou

OK. I would say Kennedy from Shear JOY on beverly blvd in LA. I never let her touch me, but I saw her take a woman from bra strap and cut her into the most GHETTO style, extremely short on the front and sides, and just a little bit in the back left long. That girl was hysterical. She cried, hard, right in the chair. Kennedy was kind of non-commital and when the girl got up and left, Kennedy just shrugged her shoulders. She could not care less.

bellydancer

oh yea i'm in cincinnati ohio. Don't ever in your life go to a shop called Creations in Lockland. EVER. It's only one person that owns the shop (Rae Jean)

A_Christian

I don't want to put any names out there but I will offer my advice to help everyone avoid scissor- happy stylists.
1. Watch them as they do other's hair, if they trim a whole lot don't go back !
2. I had one stylist who acted like he won the lottery while he was cutting not trimming my hair like I asked him to. He was smiling and chopping so much hair and acted like he was about to break out and do a song and dance number ! You would have thought he just learned that he won a billion dollars !

3. One stylist insisted on cutting half of my hair off instead of trimming the ends and when I wouldn't let him he got enraged, acting like I had slapped him or something, he wanted to argue and started talking bad about me to other customers right there in the salon, I got so mad that I wanted to tell him off big time, but being the Christian that I am I remained calm and let him finish curling my hair, but if he would have cut my hair anyway (which he did not do) we would have been
needless to say I ran for the hills, I thank God for giving me enough restraint not to have went off on that stylist big time.