SECOND & FINAL Big Chop

KrystalClear

So, I've done the BC before, July 2008

This is how far I got (even though I colored, texlaxed and ultimately damaged it some. It still got to be pretty long)

Then I idiotically relaxed, because I thought it would make life easier. Boy was I wrong, not only did I miss my hair, but it started breaking. :/ I missed my coiled badly! This was my trainsitioining picture, I flat ironed... and lemme tell you, that hair may look prettty... but it was crunchy by the end of the night!

I was supposed to transition for 24 months (ha, I'm impatient as heck!) I was tired of those straggly ends. It was becoming so difficult to NOT break off those strands. I started to trim, but once I start I DO NOT STOP! lol. :lachen: Needless to say, I'm rockin my BC again :) I'm SO happy, and nope, I don't regret it a bit. My mom seemed a little irritated. lol But this time next year, my hair will be long and big, like it should already be.

Well, that's my BC. I have to finis it, I have some strands that are still straight in the back. But in general, I'm baaaaackkkkkk. lol :):lick:

KrystalClear

Thanks ladies. I was just lazy with my hair before. And impatient! My hair woulda been long as heck by now if I was patient! But hey, relaxing made me realize that I never want straight hair again. It is just not for me!

KurlyNinja

How long did you wait it out until you did the BC the 2nd time? I'm just curious. I'm transitioning and Im trying to figure out about on average what the length would look at different times... I'm kinda impatient and am almost ready to just shave my head off... almost...

Sianna

Congrats on the BC!! From what I can tell, your hair looks great!

Oh, and don't worry about the setback! I had a pretty big one too! A couple of years ago, I chopped all my hair off too! It was more than just a BC, but I actually cut it ALL off. Yeah... I don't think it was a good look for me, but I wore a lace wig to cover it up! :grin:

Anyway, I wasn't really planning on staying natural in the first place, so I stupidly relaxed it again after just a few short months. BIG MISTAKE!! A few months after that, it started breaking off yet again! If I hadn't permed it, I'm positive that I'd have some serious hair about now!

Ah well, live and learn, ya know! :D

dionne81l

Congrats on your BC!! I also BC'ed twice, but I don't think I will ever relax again. But I also say never say never ;).

KaramelDiva1978

It's beautiful and definitely appears to be you! You wear it well. Congratulations on walking on the natural side again.

KrystalClear

Congrats on the BC!! From what I can tell, your hair looks great!

Oh, and don't worry about the setback! I had a pretty big one too! A couple of years ago, I chopped all my hair off too! It was more than just a BC, but I actually cut it ALL off. Yeah... I don't think it was a good look for me, but I wore a lace wig to cover it up! :grin:

Anyway, I wasn't really planning on staying natural in the first place, so I stupidly relaxed it again after just a few short months. BIG MISTAKE!! A few months after that, it started breaking off yet again! If I hadn't permed it, I'm positive that I'd have some serious hair about now!

Ah well, live and learn, ya know! :D

I would have to agree. We live and we learn!:yep:

KrystalClear

How long did you wait it out until you did the BC the 2nd time? I'm just curious. I'm transitioning and Im trying to figure out about on average what the length would look at different times... I'm kinda impatient and am almost ready to just shave my head off... almost...

Well, I specifically relaxed Feb 17th, 2010. Transitioned up until yesterday June 3,2010. lol. I was impatient. My new growth was getting extreme, & the line of demarcation wasn't having it! I'm happy. My summer growth is the bomb diggity! lol:yep: But I cut some more when I got home. :lick:

dede1129

Ahh Your hair makes me wanna end my transition and Big Chop Now!!! Love your thickness! Congrats!

Eclass215

I love it!! It looks great - and I think we might be hair twins (or at least cousins, lol) So I'll be watching!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
:welcome3:Back To The Natural World! :afro: :afropick: :locks: :afro2: :antlers: :hair:
:bdance: :yay: :weird: :trampolin :bouncy: :fairy: :2cool: :pepper: :rocker: :reddancer: :bounceline: :yahoo: :worship2: :woohoo2:

KrystalClear

What made you texlax?

The thickness of my hair. It's ridiculously thick. But I love that about my hair, and I embrace it. My mom tells me a lot of people would love to have my thickness. I just think, once it gets long, the thickness will be better, but at the time I was like wth should I do!