****Serious Growth Challengers****

Khaiya

Ok, here we go, this is my hair on the 20th of Oct. (a week before my cut):

This is a week after on Nov. 5 (sorry i dont have pics of the actual cut on my laptop, it was 1/4 inch shorter than it is in this pic):

And this is now, Nov. 20th:

So far i've gotten 3/4 of an inch for this month.

Last edited:

Angel of the North

Hi all just checking in, I don't have any pics to post yet cos my hair looks the same length and may even look shorter due to shrinkage as on saturday I'll be 17 wks post and plan I to relax on the Dec 19th. I have taken a halfway pic but would like to wait until the end of the challenge to post all my pics together.

I just wanted to congratulate everybody on their growth (however short/long) and thanks for the pics.

*Frisky*: I'll bet you already hit that target that has been some serious growth girl!!!

*Frisky*

How we doing ladies? We have just about a month left for the challenge. I feel confidient that I will make my goal by the end of December. Honestly I have not done anything special to my hair or used any growth aids but I do have some new growth since my last relaxer that was at the end of October. Come on we can do it!

Taina

Well, my hair havent grow as much as i wanted to, but i'm on track. In this post you will see my previous pictures, uploaded when i started growing my hair. Taina Pictures

I have to say that i'm not consisten in the Spirulina and Flaxseed pills intake, but i'm on a high protein diet, so my protein intake in higher than ever. Anyway, here you have my updates, these pictures were taken the last week.

Tomorrow i will post some pictures of my hair straightened, it looks funny xDDD

Lita

Ok, here we go, this is my hair on the 20th of Oct. (a week before my cut):

This is a week after on Nov. 5 (sorry i dont have pics of the actual cut on my laptop, it was 1/4 inch shorter than it is in this pic):

And this is now, Nov. 20th:

So far i've gotten 3/4 of an inch for this month.

It looks like its getting thicker..(Keep up the good work)

Happy Hair Growing!

Barbie83

1st pic is from September 19 (taken the same day as my siggy), 2nd and 3rd are from October 29th. Since then, I've had a small trim (about 1/2 inch-1inch). It was desperately needed. My current hair is much healthier, but I don't know if I'll make my APL goal by December 31st. I'm gonna ramp up the cardio and protein intake this month, and wear my hair up as much as possible. I'll post pics after my relaxer on Januray 1st!

Good luck everyone!

*Frisky*

I was just checking if the final reveal date is the 24th Dec?

It is December 31st but we are winding down to the last week and half of the challenge so people can start posting pics whenever they like unless you think you are going to get some more growth before the end of December hahaha..anything is possible. I probably will be posting my final pic sometime this week because I was in the Hide Your Hair Challenge as well and I need to post a pic for that.

shae101s

I need some serious growth too. I need to be able to get about 5 additional inches to what I currently have (minimum!!)

bestblackgirl

I have been bunning 24/7, moisturizing, sealing, using stingy nettle tea on my scalp and hair, using OCT, i have about 1inch or so... and i am currently 10 wks post

mstar

Luxury bacon
Well, I didn't meet my goal, but think I did pretty well!

Got my hair cut in the middle of September, so I had to join the challenge late. It was 6 inches all around after the haircut, and now it appears to be 8.5 inches.

So 2.5 inches in 3.5 months. If I'd started at the beginning of September, I would've come very close to making the 3-inch goal.

I will post pics tomorrow after I get my hair pressed. :)

ETA: I also didn't do any of the things I had planned to do to meet my goal. :look: I didn't exercise, and I kind of slacked on my haircare. I will do better in 2010, and I should be able to re-grow all of the lost hair by March.

Last edited:

mzsophisticated26

I will be posting pics on sat or sun because I have on my full lace wig and will not be removing until then. I think I came pretty close to 3inches but I will see when I wash, I am currently 5wks post

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Happy New Year, ladies!

I have my progress pictures...didn't get anywhere near three inches. Maybe 1.5...but definitely not three.
I did slack off on my water and exercise, and eating healthily. The only things I went hard on were keeping up with my reggie, taking my supplements, oiling my scalp, and bunning. Maybe if I did everything I was supposed to be doing, I might have seen more progress.
But anyway, it was a fun challenge, and I learned so much about my hair and what she likes in the process. And I did get some growth, which is better than no growth.
So thanks for starting this challenge, Frisky!

Attachments

• Challenge progress.jpg
    Challenge progress.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 18

LovelyNaps26

i'm down! :yep: 6 inches is a bit intimidating and 3 or 4 inches will get me at or very close to my 2010 hair goal of apl.

i just braided my hair (no extensions) and will continue with protective hairstyles 95% of the time. also, i'm a baggie girl so i'm hoping moisture will equal length.

mzsophisticated26

Okay ladies here are mine, I think I almost reached 3inches. I am not positive since my hair did not reach any lines when I started this challenge. I am happy with my growth progress but I am still lacking thickness to my strands:sad:

Sept09 -VS-Dec09

*Frisky*

I haven't forgotten you ladies!! I don't think I logged on to the board at all during the holidays. I will post my final pic later tonight. I think I made my 3 inches!!!:yay: I probably will be cutting at least another inch off though real soon..everyone looks like they had great progress even if it wasn't the 3 inches.

Khaiya

Ok lets see, at the start of this challenge i was 2.25 inches from APL, end of October i needed 1.5 inches, (so i had grown .75 inches) did a 1.5 inch cut and needed 3 inches, i did a 1/2 inch cut last week and now i'm 2.5 inches away from APL so lets see, this is all really complicated but let me see if i can add it all up, lol.

I think i got about 1.75 inches or so but all the cutting didnt help, so anyway here's my ending pic: http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq340/khaiyat/2010/January/IMG_9694copy.jpg

Angel of the North

Hi everyone just posting my progress pics, I managed to hit my goal and I've attached the photos as thumbnails.

They are in order so:
Pic 1 is my starting pic
Pic 2 and 3 are my halfway pics
Pic 4 is my end pic
Pic 5 is me claiming APL :look:

I think I got somewhere between 2.5-3" of growth

Attachments

• starting pic aug 09.jpg
    starting pic aug 09.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 10
  • SGC prog pic 2.jpg
    SGC prog pic 2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 8
  • SGC prog pic 5.jpg
    SGC prog pic 5.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 7
  • SGC prog pic 7.jpg
    SGC prog pic 7.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 8
  • SGC prog pic 8.jpg
    SGC prog pic 8.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 10

*Frisky*

I tried to get the pics bigger but it wouldn't work so you will have to click on them to see them a bit better.....well ladies what you think? I think I barely made the 3 inches. I was going to flat iron the whole back of my head but I wanted to try and be consistent. I guess I could of flat ironed a little more hair though hahahaha
Sept 09

Dec 09

Last edited:

bestblackgirl

I didnt forget about this challenge. Im 13 weeks post and I am bunning until April before i get my touch up.. So I'll let you know my results; still going strong

Angel of the North

*Frisky* you have definately hit your goal and I think you've just saved my ends, I never really thought about only flat ironing a section of hair for a length check:look:

It looks like enough to me :yep:, I was just in another thread complaining about how the last length check jacked up my ends.

Great progress everyone.