Setback before a Wedding

nomadpixi

Hi ladies,
Haven't posted for a while but was hoping for some advice.

A little back story...
October, my hair, although growing slowly was finally getting to about APL. [unfortunately, the longest it's ever gotten in it's natural, 4a-b curly state]. Decided to try an Olaplex treatment to strengthen my hair, but was applied by a completely clueless stylist. Long story short, lame blow drying practices and flat ironing during the treatment caused mid shaft splits in my hair, and it is now uneven and breaking. [probably exacerbated by just now getting on top of iron deficiency too]. New hair growing in nice enough, but just really uneven to where the left front is shorter by 4 whole inches! I TRULY hate bangs on my face so I'm really at a loss.

Wouldn't mind, but I have a wedding to attend and don't want to look LOUSY. Can't wear a wig-too hot here. Not a fan of extensions, but willing to try if I have to, but all attempts will have to be made DIY as no decent stylists in the country.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Black Ambrosia

Hi ladies,
Haven't posted for a while but was hoping for some advice.

A little back story...
October, my hair, although growing slowly was finally getting to about APL. [unfortunately, the longest it's ever gotten in it's natural, 4a-b curly state]. Decided to try an Olaplex treatment to strengthen my hair, but was applied by a completely clueless stylist. Long story short, lame blow drying practices and flat ironing during the treatment caused mid shaft splits in my hair, and it is now uneven and breaking. [probably exacerbated by just now getting on top of iron deficiency too]. New hair growing in nice enough, but just really uneven to where the left front is shorter by 4 whole inches! I TRULY hate bangs on my face so I'm really at a loss.

Wouldn't mind, but I have a wedding to attend and don't want to look LOUSY. Can't wear a wig-too hot here. Not a fan of extensions, but willing to try if I have to, but all attempts will have to be made DIY as no decent stylists in the country.

Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm having a hard time picturing how it looks but if you do a side part where the short side is pinned to the side then no one should notice.

Maybe try two strand twists?

MzSwift

I was kinda weave-averse pre-hairboards too and I kept my hair short. But my go-to style to change things up, especially for a one day event like a wedding, was to do a faux ponytail. I've done it on textured hair, not natural hair, but there are TONS of YT vids showing how to do them on natural hair.

The process is the same. Wet your hair, part it/ or don't, brush it back with lots of gel and then ponytail it. Then you put the faux ponytail over it. I always used regular kanakelon braiding hair for the ponytail and I would clip mine up w a claw clip to look more natural.

You could totally do this for a one night event, especially if you don't like bangs:

1609683701851.png 1609684091354.png

bunned

1609683753936.png 1609683793520.png

They also sell faux afro puffs to make it a little easier

1609683628671.png 1609684136981.png

GL to you! :)

nomadpixi

I was kinda weave-averse pre-hairboards too and I kept my hair short. But my go-to style to change things up, especially for a one day event like a wedding, was to do a faux ponytail. I've done it on textured hair, not natural hair, but there are TONS of YT vids showing how to do them on natural hair.

The process is the same. Wet your hair, part it/ or don't, brush it back with lots of gel and then ponytail it. Then you put the faux ponytail over it. I always used regular kanakelon braiding hair for the ponytail and I would clip mine up w a claw clip to look more natural.

You could totally do this for a one night event, especially if you don't like bangs:

View attachment 466929 View attachment 466935

bunned

View attachment 466931 View attachment 466933

They also sell faux afro puffs to make it a little easier

View attachment 466925 View attachment 466937

GL to you! :)
Thanks so much @MzSwift @Black Ambrosia , I think I can work with this-maybe I can focus on makeup instead too. Funny how when you get freaked about your hair, you can forget the things that make the most sense. Thanks again