Seven Years Natural with Straight Hair PICS!!!!

prettykinks

Feb was my 7 year Nappyversary!!!!!!:dance7: I didn't really do much to my hair so I didn't take pics.

This week I decided to go to a salon for the first time since I've been natural to get my hair straightened and to get my ends trimmed.:perplexed The experience wasn't bad at all, she was very gentle with my hair and even used a wide tooth comb.

After the was and condition she blow dried my hair using tension then the comb attachment. It went by so quickly and without me saying ouch one time. I knew I needed a trim because my hair had knots at the ends that would catch the comb piece.

I didn't get the name of the flat iron she used but she only did about3-4 passes to get my hair bone straight. Once it all was done she cut (not trim) about 2-3 inches off. I was at the top of MBL not I am back to BSL. I am happy with the cut though because my hair feels so much better.

After the cut, she wrapped my hair then put saran wrap around that and I was put under the dryer for about 15-20 mins. I was so worried that I was gonna sweat and mess up the press bu I didn't lol.

When she took the plastic wrap and started to move my hair it was so lite and fluffy. I was so amazed that my hair could even get straight. I loved how thick and even my ends were finally. I am trying to get it to last until after Easter, then I will do a deep condition.

At night all I do is put a lil coconut oil on it and wrap it around my head and put a scarf on and go to bed. My husband LOVED it. He has never seen me with straight hair before. I love it too.

Here are the pics from the experience. The rest are in my fotki.

http://www.fotki.com

prettykinks

Thanks ladies!!! There were times where I really didn't think I would make it this far being natural. Last year was a rough year because about 10 months out of the year I was thinking about relaxers. I am feeling good about my hair again.

chosen1

wow. :spinning:. Love it. You naturals are really inspiring me to cut out this relaxer and go for the natural.