Severe Breakage HELP!!!

jkdelsol

My hair fell out 4 years ago in the middle section of my hair but I kept on perming hair. I know that was a bad move. I stopped perming it since Sept. 2002 and made it breathe for awhile. I permed it Aug.2003, Nov.2003 and today. I trimed my hair because I had alot of dead ends. The middle of my hair is still coming out. MY hair looks so thin in the middle. I use Creme of Nature shampoo, Aubrey GPB every 4 weeks and Pantene R&N conditioner. I go to the Dominican wash and set weekly. I tried using Surge but my hair seems to still fall out. I do use the Surge Lotion MOtion #9. Please give me advice on what to do. I am on birth control (Ortho-Tri-Cyclen) for severe cramps. Can that be the problem?

While I could give you suggestions, it would probably be best if you saw a doctor who could diagnose and treat your problem. I'd hate to have you try suggestions that may or may not work, or that could possibly make it worse instead of better.

My advice is to see a doctor.

I'm sorry that this is happening. Your problem could be the result of many different things. If your hair wasn't in great condition before perming, that could be a contributing factor, too. It's possible that your hair doesn't like one or more of the products that you're using in your regimen. The birth control pills could also be the issue. I suggest talking to your doctor (and doing a Google search, perhaps) on whether the pills you are taking cause side effects such as hair loss. If that's not the case, visit a trichologist to get his/her opinion on what's causing your hair loss. Good luck, too, and try not to stress out because that can also lead to hair loss.

I believe I have read about women on-line who have had hair problems with Ortho-tricyclen. My advice would be to see a doctor and change birth control pills---perhaps to Yasmin, but even that might not help. Some ladies around here have had hair problems (shedding) with various types of pills.

By the way, you might also want to look into some herbs & vitamins to help with your cramps--that way you won't have to depend on the pills; for birth control, condoms might be a better choice for you and your hair, But PLEASE before doing anything, see your doctor first.

Thank you for the advice. I just started using the birth control pills in September so I don't think its the problem. I will try not to stress out but I'm in graduate school now. I'm going to apply Profectiv Healthy Ends on my ends to moisturize and use the Lotion Motion # 9 to my hair.

Back