Sexy Christians??

littlehouse.jpg

Little House on the Prairie look is more appropriate for a true devote Christian woman it is modest and stylish depending on your level of expertise on the sewing machine (IMHO those potato sack dress look a little too revealing because they are sleeveless). :yep:

Last edited:
This thread makes me think:

Why do we, the Church, seem to operate on the world's standards? :ohwell:

Purple linen and gold are snazzy and sensual and were worn by a rather notable lady in proverbs. Sensuality is innate to women and, I believe, is godly. :yep:

Sensuality (in its base sense) need not cause lust.

"Sexy" demands it. :nono:

A fit woman in form-fitting, but modest attire, with healthy skin and hair, a graceful gait, lilting voice, and loving nature, wearing a nice perfume, and tasteful adornment is sensual. :yep:

A man may lust for her, but that's on him. :bricks:

A fit woman in a body-con dress (with or without "church girl" on it), hair overly teased, an attention grabbing perfume (you know the type), club make-up, an unnaturally provocative gait, come-hither tone, and gazes that invite a man to take her in and desire her is "sexy" (by the world's standards). :whipgirl:

We can't mess around with that.

We can't condemn the natural sensuality god put in woman for His reason and for man's enjoyment either.

A woman in tune with herself is a glorious thing to behold --that does not incite lust. :reddancer:

Weak men, however, will lust over a sensual woman. That's not about HER. That's about HIM. :rolleyes:

Weak and strong men can fall prey to "sexy". :seesaw:

That's entirely different, IMO, but it seems the Church lumps these two things together.

For the record...I'm on Team Classic Pump. :giggle:

:clap: Whooaaaaa, this is good.

last comment deleted ... :look:

Last edited:
littlehouse.jpg

Little House on the Prairie look is more appropriate for a true devote Christian woman it is modest and stylish depending on your level of expertise on the sewing machine (IMHO those potato sack dress look a little too revealing because they are sleeveless). :yep:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I was 'finna' to buy one of those potato sack dresses.... for Church. :yep:

As my child used to say... Man! Can't do nuthin' :look:

:lol:

:rofl3:

----

If my Nana was still here she'd put some 'bling' on those rubber shoes. Rhinestones, Swarworski crystals, pearls, glitter. Then she'd sell em' on eBay.

Hmmmmmm, not a bad idea... :yep:

My pastor has never taught against stilettos per say..but he just teaches on modesty and adornment..

But if we came in with these

images
9k=

he would say something :look:

I know i'm late, but i'm sitting here laughing my behind off! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I've scene woman in leadership in my former church wearing clear shoes :lol:

Maybe not this high though :look:

littlehouse.jpg

Back in the day, this Ghanian guy who was shacking up with my friend, had the audacity to say to me, after he asked me something about where I was earlier and finding out I was attending church,

"You're a christian? You don't look like a christian." (jeans and tee)

:look: We were in the library by the journals and other study desks and I replied,

"What's a christian supposed to look like? Strawberry blond hair wearing a calico print prairie dress and lace collar?"

This white girl behind us started cracking up in her book :lachen: Now, did I mention he was shacking up with my Caracan friend? I knew ALL the sordid details, too. His lil brother was a christian, though - a very boring one at that. I fell asleep on a date with him and he never forgave me :drunk::drunk: which is why his brother was trying to insult me.

Calico dress with lace collar...bof!

Last edited:
Now, while we're on the subject of appropriate attire, can we address makeup? False eyelashes, deep red lipstick...anything too much...say....warrior angel?

Attachments

• warrior angel.jpg
    warrior angel.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Now, while we're on the subject of appropriate attire, can we address makeup? False eyelashes, deep red lipstick...anything too much...say....warrior angel?

Make-up to enhance and not compete with natural beauty (this may include nice-looking falsies, a classic red lip balanced with nearly-naked eyes, a VERY soft neutral-based smokey eye, rosy blush, and the like --we all know that perfect "no make up look" that takes 50 products to do!:lol:) = OK.

Make-up to "compete" with other women, to garner and MONOPOLIZE male attention, by exaggerating biological signs of sexual health (super shiny, bright red, inch-long lashes, way too much bronzer/highlighter, SUPER bright blush, 15 different shades of eyeshadow, etc.) = not OK.

Warrior angel...why did I picture those cheesy pictures WOW guys like? :look:

I am more offended with the sizing of the shirts than anything else. I think the first two could be ok if they weren't 2 sizes too small for the model.

I am more offended with the sizing of the shirts than anything else. I think the first two could be ok if they weren't 2 sizes too small for the model.

:yep::yep::yep: I totally agree. Sizing speaks volumes even without the words, "Church Girl" (or gurl) written on it.

My question to everyone: Would you still wear it if the fit were looser?

My first thought is 'No', only because it's still associated with the negative image of this advertizement. That's just my perspective, though.

Back