Share Your Experiences With Ayurvedic Hair Products Please...

Aggie

I added some rose petal powder, hibiscus powder, kalpi tone powder, and bhringraj powder to my Curly Proverbz henna tea rinse and mannnnnn, that rinse smells awesome. I can actually smell the rose petal and the kalpi tone powders. Nice:lick:.

Another benefit is nicely moisturized and strengthened hair. I love this new powder combination.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Did an overnight Oil Soak with: Se.sa Ayurvedic Hair Oil
Will mix Brahmi Powder in my BoBeam Coconut Creme DC'er
Will do a HOT with an Ayurvedic w/My Heat Cap for about 20-30 minutes

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Loving my Overnight Oil Soaks with Ayurvedic Oils. I am noticing my hair doesn't tangle nearly as bad.

I have also been adding Ayurvedic Powders and Oils to my Handmade/Natural Products.

Am I imagining seemingly immediate results so quickly? @Aggie @Chicoro Just a small tweak in my regimen.

This is so interesting but I think the results have been almost immediate? It's barely been a solid month.

I will be interested to what the next 6 months incorporating Ayurveda will be.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
@IDareT'sHair

Ayurveda methods do tend to work rather well in my opinion and some results can be noticed fairly quickly too.

Yes, I agree with Aggie. If you are open and are on the look out for changes and improvements, they can show up and be detected almost immediately.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ayurveda methods do tend to work rather well in my opinion and some results can be noticed fairly quickly too.

Yes, I agree with Aggie. If you are open and are on the look out for changes and improvements, they can show up and be detected almost immediately.
@Aggie @Chicoro
Thank you Ladies!:hug2:...:notworthy:

Agreed about the positive results. It makes me wanna continue the endless possibilities!:yep:

I recemember a recent post by either @Nightingale or @mzteaze (can't remember which?) about their positive results with Ayurveda.:up:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Chicoro
In your opinion, what does Glycerin do in a 'mixture' such as "Your Moisture Drenched Pre-Poo" (and others) re: Your Post #69 in this thread or any treatment where Glycerin is added to the mix?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
@Chicoro
In your opinion, what does Glycerin do in a 'mixture' such as "Your Moisture Drenched Pre-Poo" (and others) re: Your Post #69 in this thread or any treatment where Glycerin is added to the mix?

Glycerol is in glycerin. Glycerol has a lipid backbone in the form of triglycerides. Oils can break down other oils and fats. Glycerin is used as a solvent, too. Thus, with this in mind, the glycerin in my pre-poo helps break down the build up of butters and oils and gel that many of us use to style and protect our hair. So, the glycerin helps dissolve that fatty debris built up on our hair. At the same time, it provides lubrication and can work as a humectant sealing in the aloe vera into the hair strand and by attracting moisture to the hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Found a couple unopened jars of JMonique DC'ers yesterday in my stash that I will use as my Ayurvedic Base and just add Ayurvedic Powders and Ayurvedic Oils
From J.Monique I have:
Triple Seaweed
Wheatgrass & Spinach
Burdock Root & Nettle
Aloe
Hibiscus & Broccoli (unopen)
Coffee (unopen)
Charcoal (unopen)

I have already made a Blend of the opened ones mixing in: Brahmi, Amla, Kalpi Tone etc....Powders and Oils to them and creating a paste. I also added: Soultanicals FroRepair Despair which has Horsetail, Nettle, Spirulina, Chlorella, Rosemary, Sage, Barley & Oat Grass, Biotin etc..into this mix.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Aggie @Chicoro
Looking forward to reapplying the x2 Pastes I made.

The Oils I currently have in my Stash are:
Hermani - Black Seed
Hermani - Garlic
Hermani - Amla
Hermani - Navratna
Nyle Herbal Nourishment
Zenia - Amla, Brahmi, Shikakai, Hibiscus, Bringraraj
Zenia - Amla, Henna, Brahmi, Hibiscus and Vettiver
Sesi Oil

Powders:
Kalpi Tone
Bramhi
Amla
Tulsi
Rose Powder

So I have a good start

Last edited:

Aggie

@Aggie @Chicoro

Hermani - Black Seed
Hermani - Garlic
Hermani - Amla
Hermani - Navratna
Nyle Herbal Nourishment

Powders:
Kalpi Tone
Bramhi
Amla
Tulsi
Rose Powder

So I have a good start
This is a very good start @IDareT'sHair

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
@Aggie @Chicoro

Hermani - Black Seed
Hermani - Garlic
Hermani - Amla
Hermani - Navratna
Nyle Herbal Nourishment

Powders:
Kalpi Tone
Bramhi
Amla
Tulsi
Rose Powder

So I have a good start
Did you order these from ZeniaHerbal? I have been eyeing them for a while. How long did shipping take for you?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Aggie

Thank You Lady!:kiss:

I'll be using the powders for mixing in DC'ers and the Oils for Overnight Oil Soaks. The Bottles are small so I hafta' work on not being heavy-handed with them. :laugh:

I also like that they are ALL pretty much pretty inexpensive (both Powders and Oils).

And of course I still have other Oils at my disposal:
EVOO
ED JBCO
Sweet Almond
Grapeseed
Rice Bran
Pumpkin
Sweet Almond
Avocado

Which can step in if need be.

Last edited: