Share your Summer regimen: For me? CW, Airdrying, Bunning

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ladies:

We finally got some warm weather here in the D.C. area this past weekend. So, I took advantaged of it by doing my henna treatment, Indigo, and then airdrying by walking from my house to downtown Silver Spring. By the time I got there, my hair was completely dry, beautifully black from the Indigo, and glistening in the sun! I brought my satin scrunci with me to bun my hair and protect the ends from sun damage.

Ladies, this morning, I awoke to beautifully shiny black hair. NO BREAKAGE, NO DAMAGE, NO SHEDDING!!! :grin: Getting compliments from everyone! The airdrying technique really worked for me. The key for me seemed to be using a good leave-in and sealing with a wonderful oil. I used Giovanni Direct and sealed with a mixture of Shikaki and Alma oil. My hair is absolutely shiny and healthy looking. I am also convinced that my hair is getting thicker.

Anyway, I would like to know what plans you have for the Summer in terms of your regimen. I know that a lot of ladies are bunning. But what techniques will you incorporate into your Summer regimen?

Same here . The florida weather has been heating up and I've increase my co-washes to 5x per week ! I've been on a LONG relaxer strech ( feb) and probably won't relax until sept . My goals for this summer is to find my staple products . My hair is looking a little dull so one day I want to henna and indigo .

My Summer regimen :

Co-washes : 5x
protective styles : braids and two strand twists
mositurize and seal

Lets hope that I can combat the tangleness this summer !

CHECKMATE!

where are your pics:look: ...I wanna try a henna Indigo soooo bad,but Im scared my fine 3b/c hair will break:perplexed ...help a sista out with the Henna process amd please post some pics:) ....anyhow, back 2 the topic of Summer reggie...I plan to co wash at least twice a week..go to the Dominican salon in between to handle my NG growth from time 2 time....rollersetting and wearing it curly in a sruncie...I dont plan to relax again (just had one done yesterday,after a 12wk stretch) until late Aug:eek:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
patiencevirtue said:
where are your pics:look: ...I wanna try a henna Indigo soooo bad,but Im scared my fine 3b/c hair will break:perplexed ...help a sista out with the Henna process amd please post some pics:) ....anyhow, back 2 the topic of Summer reggie...I plan to co wash at least twice a week..go to the Dominican salon in between to handle my NG growth from time 2 time....rollersetting and wearing it curly in a sruncie...I dont plan to relax again (just had one done yesterday,after a 12wk stretch) until late Aug:eek:

I will try to get my camera working. I will definitely try to post some pics in the near future if I can overcome my laziness. Henna is absolutely wonderful. I am also fine-haired. Your hair is a bit softer than mine, but I am finding that Henna has helped my hair tremendously in terms of conditioning and stopping the breakage/shedding from underprocessing. I won't relax again for another 3 months and will just rely on baggying, especially for the summer when it's too hot and I walk and workout a lot.

I'll PM you on the henna treatment and Indigo process. It's not difficult at all. :kiss:

camellia

When it's hot out I cowash every day. Then I apply the tiniest bit of leave in and just a little oil to seal, no heavy butters in summer!

Yesterday it was about 80 degrees here. My oldest son and I spent a few hours riding and came home soaked with sweat. I hopped into the shower and realized I was out of the regular "cheapies" that I use for cowashing. So I grabbed the Aveda Sap Moss conditioner and used that.

Amazing results! I didn't think this conditioner was that great alone, I used to add honey and apricot oil to make it work better as a deep conditioner. But as a cowash? Simply divine!:D

My hair came out silky and tangle free. I used a little Aveda Elixir as a leave in and a dab of virgin coconut oil to seal. I had such bouncy curls after I air dried with my hair loose.

The only downside is it's pretty expensive for a cowash. I have to use a lot too.:(

IMFOCSD

Hi ladies,:wave:

My summer regimen is to wash once a week, co-wash three days a week, sometimes I will airdry and wear my hair down and some days I will airdry and wear a bun or some type of cute updo with braid/twistouts or rollerset and whole head baggy every night.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
This summer, I will be conditioner washing just about everyday. I will pre-poo/shampoo and deep condition about once a week. I will continue to use Boundless tresses everyday/every other day. I will also try to sneak Lenzi's Request back in since I haven't finished it yet.

Last edited:

locabouthair

my regimen is going to stay the same.

DC once a week
moisturize at least once a day (preferably twice)
baggy at least 4 times per week
relax every 11 weeks, ill see if i can go longer
no direct heat
wear up most of the time
healthy diet
lots of water

gymfreak336

I haven't figured out another way to air-dry besides wrapping down and flat-ironing it in the morning so I will probably stick with deep conditioning twice a week and rollersetting. I would love to find a way to style it so I could co-wash 1-2x a week so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

SignatureBeauty

My Regimen is probably gonna stay the Same:

Baggy 7 Nights A Week
CW Once A Week
Apply BT To scalp on Saturday (Let marinate all day & night under baggy)
Shampoo on Sundays
Apply my Heavy Cream as Needed for Softeness & Moisture

Trying to Keep it Simple as Possible!

LovelyLionessa

My regimen will probably be the same as what I'm doing now: 2x a week
deep conditioning pre-poo
followed by sulfate free poo
in-shower condition

Apply leave-in (Rusk Smoother) seal w/oil (BB Oil Moisturizer) and seal ends w/All Ways Castor Oil or Softee Indian Hemp.
Airdry, style overnight in a twistout.
Wear buns as protective styles.

CAPlush

I will be washing 2-3x a week.

Shampoo
Deep condition with protein containing conditioner (w/ or w/o heat)
Optional follow up with a detangling instant conditioner if needed
Rinse and detangle in the shower
Apply oils and bun in the shower
Tie down with silk scarf
Spray with Dove Moisture Mist as needed until next shampoo

I will treat myself to a rollerset or flat iron at least 1x a month.

HoneyDew

I am going to try to shampoo 1 time a week vs. 2 times a week so that I don't have to manipulate my NG as much. I have been able to stretch my relaxers out longer and longer with each one, but it gets hard to detangle after week 5.

Once a week I want to shampoo/deep condition/airdry (easier in the summer:)) and flatiron. At least after the 5 weeks post relaxer point).

I also want to slowdown on the trimming now that my hair has evened out more.

I may get a set of braids at least once over the summer if we go to the beach at all.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I agree that Summer is a great time to take advantage of because it's generally the time where hair tends to grow the fastest. So I really need to upgrade my water intake as well. But the bunning and perhaps adding a CW mid-week or so may do the trick. I've thought about braids as well...;)

MzOptimistic

I will dc/shampoo once a week
CW every other day...yah right...maybe everyday:) (I get like that in the summer)
Baggie ends (of course);)
Look through the fotki albums and find some pretty updo styles:D
Increase my water intake:)

HERicane10

tsmith said:
I will dc/shampoo once a week
CW every other day...yah right...maybe everyday:) (I get like that in the summer)
Baggie ends (of course);)
Look through the fotki albums and find some pretty updo styles:D
Increase my water intake:)

:D Tsmith, Ima have to steal yo reg. girl. With all that mad growth you got, I know you know the secret to long, thick hair!:lol:
But I'm gonna DC 2-3x per week with Cathy Howse Recipe Conditioner.:look:

bLackButtaFly

I think I'll be sticking to my regular regimen. Washing 5-7 days wearing more protective styles especially since that summer sun and humindity can really jack up a fro, and applying my bt. I also probably gonna be dyeing my hair to something blonder after i finish up with this challenge.

Bint Yusef

I am going to do braids for the summer. Doing a lot of travelling and I do not want to be bothered with hair and a routine.

gimbap

Since the weather has gotten hot, I've been:
Wash/DC 2x week
Flexi-Rod set

It's very simple, so I think I'll continue this throughout the summer