Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Thank you! I’m blessed to have super thick hair! Thanks to both of my parents for that but especially my mother. I don’t know anyone who have hair thicker than that of my family. Stylists are baffled! :lol: As for my hair texture the crown is looser than the rest. It’s a 3C while the rest is 4A/B. I think. Who knows? This is a picture of my hair when years ago in a wash N go:
View attachment 427607

Your hair! :2inlove: Your skin! :2inlove: You hadn't been touched by Shea in these photos :flahssssss:, right? I've never put my hands in a head that didn't have at least 2 textures. Most women with afro-textured hair have usually 3 textures.

Interestingly, the scalp skin in the crown area is not the same as the scalp skin in other areas of the scalp. It's too late for me to look through my hair science book to cite it and put the page number. Hair is so amazing.

icsonia22

I've been avoiding wash day like the plague. I'm going to add my Shea butter mix to my detangling routine by mixing it with Aussie moist and vegetable oil. Hopefully by using a generous amount of this product combo under water, detangling will be a breeze. I'll come back with an update.

Attachments

• IMG_20180331_185000-612x816.jpg
    IMG_20180331_185000-612x816.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 50

Aggie

I've been avoiding wash day like the plague. I'm going to add my Shea butter mix to my detangling routine by mixing it with Aussie moist and vegetable oil. Hopefully by using a generous amount of this product combo under water, detangling will be a breeze. I'll come back with an update.
@icsonia22, this should work but whatever you do, don't mix a huge batch of this - just mix enough for one wash session. It is very possible that microbes/mold will grow in it if it just sits for a while because the Aussie Moist has water in it. All the best with your detangling session.

caribeandiva

Human being
I think I've had a bit of a drop in length this month. Every other month I notice a length gain.

View attachment 427609

If this keeps up, the 'hair feets' of that braid are going to be touching my thigh by the final part of the year. The bottom of the braid is right below the frame of this photo. Hair is being pulled and stretched.
Your hair is #goals!! I’m sitting here with my jaw on the floor, drooling! Feeling like Gollum from Lord of the rings. :lol:

jennex

@jennex ,

The 2 to 4 inches of length difference applies if you are wearing your hair in a heat straightened, style and wearing your hair loose. For braided hair, that you are not wearing out, it doesn't apply [as much].

Based on the picture, it looks to me like the shape of your nape hairline goes up a bit. That's natural for you. I will add that instead of having 2 braids in the back, you may want to have 3. You may want to consider eliminating that middle part since the hair is fragile in that area.
Oh, okay that makes sense. I rarely wear my hair out. Yes, that area is quite fragile. It's also very fine and soft compared to the rest of my hair. I'll try to treat it more gently. It's been screaming for my attention for years.

Chicoro

Oh, okay that makes sense. I rarely wear my hair out. Yes, that area is quite fragile. It's also very fine and soft compared to the rest of my hair. I'll try to treat it more gently. It's been screaming for my attention for years.

Do a mind switch! Pretend like your entire head of hair is like that one patch in the back. Usually, whatever that soft patch responds to in terms of products and treatments and processes, the rest of the hair will respond. If you give it the loving attention it's been asking for, you might be surprised how fast and beautifully it responds to you.

Chicoro

You may not need the Aussie Moist. That's a lot of hair you got there!!

icsonia22

Wash day was an epic fail. It's going to have to continue tomorrow because I ran out of a few products that I needed. The whipped Shea butter makes a great prepoo. It instantly softens the hair and works well with dry finger combing. However, it didn't aid in my quest for more slip when I started detangling with a comb in the shower under running water. I'll stick to using it as a prepoo and a sealant.

scarcity21

This is pretty much my story. @scarcity21 must be my long lost twin. The last time I cut was March of last year.

The bolded is what I am asking for clarification on.

Here's a picture if that helps.

View attachment 427556
@jennex i thought I was looking at my pic until I made the pic bigger
@Chicoro thank you so much for the advice...I'll have to continue to give that section some TLC!!!

Chicoro

@Chicoro I just watched your YouTube tutorial on whipping aphogee 2 step protein treatment. You don't know how much easier this makes my life. Thank you! You're the whip queen

Thanks! I'm glad you found it helpful. Once you whip it:
  • The smell dissipates
  • It's no longer sticky
  • It's not runny
  • It goes on evenly
  • It dries faster (about 5-8 minutes faster)
Just an all around improvement of the product. I made the video because @MileHigh suggested I do it!

Chicoro

My Shea Butter Length Retention Schedule

I didn't start seeing or noticing the length retention until around August 2017. Interestingly, that is when I started using shea butter on a daily basis. After that, I started to see length gains every 2 months: September, November and January. I expect to see length gains in:

-March 2018 (length gains seen!)
-May 2018
-July 2018
-September 2018
-November 2018
-January 2019

kupenda

^peeks in^

Just a tiny shea update. After washing and deep conditioning last night, I moisturized my hair and slathered it in shea butter before putting in a few large flat twists to wear my wig today. I just went to the bathroom to scratch my scalp properly (had to remove my wig :look: ) and my hair was super soft and still a bit damp. Definitely happy with that.

^slides back into the slippery shea corner from which I came^

Chicoro

^peeks in^

Just a tiny shea update. After washing and deep conditioning last night, I moisturized my hair and slathered it in shea butter before putting in a few large flat twists to wear my wig today. I just went to the bathroom to scratch my scalp properly (had to remove my wig :look: ) and my hair was super soft and still a bit damp. Definitely happy with that.

^slides back into the slippery shea corner from which I came^

It's the tiny Shea updates and discoveries that keep that addiction SKRONG. How wonderful that your hair is soft, moist and deeply moisturized!

More importantly, it always feels good when something you do deliberately, consciously and purposely works out exactly how you hoped and anticipated. It removes the guessing out of a situation or a practice.

It gives you the confidence to transfer this ability and analysis, to other areas of your life. This in turn helps to creates success in all aspects of one's life. Success is contagious. All that from just a tiny update!

Chicoro

Global Shea Alliance 2017 Annual Report

Seeds1.png

“All these years, we have been told you cannot plant shea. Today, not only can I tell people this is not true, I have the nurseries here, and they can see for themselves”

Ouedraogo Aïssata, Békuy, Burkina Faso

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 8.41.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 8.26.25 AM.png

Check out this new tool the women have
been given to collect Shea nuts. It allows
Senior citizen women to continue
to collect and earn income.
And hopefully minimize Snake bites while collecting.
See below: :arrowdown::arrowdown::arrowdown::arrowdown:

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 8.29.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 8.32.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 8.34.18 AM.png

Global Shea Alliance 2017 Annual Report

http://www.globalshea.com/resources/library/371/2017-Annual-Report

“With the support I have received from the GSA, I produce better quality kernels and I am assured of a buyer. Today, I am confident in my ability to pay for my children’s education.”
- Sahada Akakpo, Benin

Last edited:

Chicoro

Additional Note About My Length Gains: Documenting My Statistics
  • I think I am gaining 1/2 inch of growth every month. It is not necessarily in the BULK or MAJORITY of my hair, and that is okay.
  • So, when I notice the length gains every other month, or every 2 months, that is because I have gained one inch in total. This is great!
  • Every two months, I seem to gain an inch of growth.
  • That translates to me being on track to gaining possibly six (6) inches minimum in 2018.

• With the use of Shea butter, I have the possibility of actually RETAINING 6 Inches in 2018, by December 2018.

What are your Shea POSSIBILITIES for 2018? You may want to write them down so you can see and review your progress, just right before the Shea Extravaganza in December 2018!

There is no pressure to share with anyone.
It's nice to have definitive information
with which you can truly use
to marvel at your
progress!

Chicoro

“All these years, we have been told you cannot plant shea. Today, not only can I tell people this is not true, I have the nurseries here, and they can see for themselves”

I'm going to add this to the discoveries page. I have always read that Shea could not be cultivated either. But technically, it still has not been. These are seedlings. We have yet to see what type of fruit they will produce, or even if they will produce a fruit. Also, we have yet to see what kind of Shea butter comes from these seedlings. We are going to go with it, nevertheless!

Here's what I posted:

"Shea butter seedlings are being successfully cultivated in the Shea Belt, specifically in Burkina Faso. Shea trees have been considered wild and not able to be cultivated. 108,000 seedlings have been cultivated. Although these seedlings have yet to grow into trees and become fruit producing, this is a tremendous and impactful paradigm shift in the production of Shea butter. "

Last edited:

Sarabellam

I'm going to add this to the discoveries page. I have always read that Shea could not be cultivated either. But technically, it still has not been. These are seedlings. We have yet to see what type of fruit they will produce, or even if they will produce a fruit. Also, we have yet to see what kind of Shea butter comes from these seedlings. We are going to go with it, nevertheless!

Here's what I posted:

"Shea butter seedlings are being successfully cultivated in the Shea Belt, specifically in Burkina Faso. Shea trees have been considered wild and not able to be cultivated. 108,000 seedlings have been cultivated. Although these seedlings have yet to grow into trees and become fruit producing, this is a tremendous and impactful paradigm shift in the production of Shea butter. "

Is this a good or bad thing for future product quality and work opportunities for African women?

Chicoro

Is this a good or bad thing for future product quality and work opportunities for African women?

I'm not sure how it bodes for the future. You never can tell with these things. The one thing I DO believe is that the African women must INFILTRATE the value stream. That means, they've got to OWN things, like nurseries etc. If they stay collectors, I think that it will be more challenging as the years go by.