Shea Growth And Retention Regimen 2018

Has Shea Butter 'got you'?

• Let me look over my investment portfolio and see if I have room for shea related stocks.

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • I've got 8 pounds in the house, I need to order me some more because I don't want to run out.

Votes: 29 17.7%
  • 1 Day without sealing my ends is just unthinkable.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • It works for me for now.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • Nah, I can take it or leave it.

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Meh, I'm here for the posts.

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • That stuff just weighs down my hair. No thanks!

Votes: 17 10.4%

• Total voters

Jade Feria

I swear this my favorite thread and I don't even use shea butter :lachen:Eventful, hilarious, excellently hosted and inspiring. I've read all 54 pages so far. :sekret:
Come on and join us!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I am still using scurl and Shea butter. I love it. I don’t think I have ever retained that much length. I am now thinking about how long I want my hair to grow. Hip length would be nice.

You are only 4 inches away from hip length. Why not go for it?! You've got 11 months to try to get there. If you ask me, I'd say the odds are pretty good that you will reach hip length by December 2018, if not sooner!

Chicoro

With Shea Butter, that lil' bit of hair, no matter its condition, has a chance to be great!

This is me fighting those afro-textured hair myths with scientific backed knowledge and information and using the Power and Force of Shea Butter. Check out that triple Light Saber Spin in the air accompanied by the the body twist and spin.

Thank goodness I do Callanetics and Lotte Berk physical workouts.
  • Afro-textured hair doesn't grow long. Myth: Use the Power and Force of Shea Butter to help retain length.
  • Afro-textured hair just breaks so you have to keep it cut short. Myth: Use the Power and Force of Shea Butter to minimize tangles and breakage; ie Shea Slide.
  • Afro-textured hair has to be relaxed or controlled with chemicals. Myth: Relaxed or Not Relaxed, our hair can thrive with both. Use the Power and Force of Shea Butter.
May the Force and Power of Shea Butter be with you.

Last edited:

Chicoro

With Shea Butter, you have the power and force to push back those heavy, limiting beliefs about afro-textured hair, up off you!

And stop your friends, families and loved ones from being crushed by these self esteem-stealing, ignorant myths that continue to be perputuated about afro-textured hair.

Last edited:

jennex

Still going strong with the shea butter. This is the most length I've ever retained in the winter months! I usually have a lot of dryness and breakage and then it recovers when the weather warms up. Also my hair is soft! It's never soft this time of year. This butter amazing.

Jade Feria

What blender are we using to mix? I don't want to use my Blendtec. It whipped it well but I don't want to clean it. :look:
Whatever you got girl! I have a Vitamix. No matter which blender, it will still have to be cleaned. When I blended my mix, it liquefied it just enough to pour it (it later solidified into a thick cream), but it was still all over the sides and bottom of the blender. I scraped out as much as I could with a spatula. Using a mixer would be easier to clean.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Shea Recipe #2

4 ounces herbal tea (I used burdock root)
1 heaping spoonful of whipped Shea butter
1 heaping spoonful of coconut cream concentrate
2 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon amla oil
1/4 teaspoon creamed honey

Throw it all in the blender together. Strain if needed.
It will be soupy in the beginning.

IMAG1433.jpg

However if you stick it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, it will thicken up beautifully

IMAG1434.jpg

@beauti

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Whatever you got girl! I have a Vitamix. No matter which blender, it will still have to be cleaned. When I blended my mix, it liquefied it just enough to pour it (it later solidified into a thick cream), but it was still all over the sides and bottom of the blender. I scraped out as much as I could with a spatula. Using a mixer would be easier to clean.
Maybe I should use my little electric mixer again, but I loved the consistency better with the Blendtec.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Froreal3
I made the first batch in my Nuti-Bull.et (I wasn't using it for anything):look: but didn't wanna clean it afterwards on a regula'-degula', so I bought the hand-held and never looked back.

What do you see as the difference between the Mixer vs Blendtec?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
@Froreal3
I made the first batch in my Nuti-Bull.et (I wasn't using it for anything):look: but didn't wanna clean it afterwards on a regula'-degula', so I bought the hand-held and never looked back.

What do you see as the difference between the Mixer vs Blendtec?
The Blendtec was much smoother and creamier, but maybe it's because I put more oils. Then I put the same batch in the blender and it was a lot smoother and creamier, but I hated cleaning it out of my Blendtec! I had a big batch of it, so I'm just needing to make more now. Think I'll use the mixer again though, but put way more oils into it.