Shedding question....

SouthernBeauty

Does anyone shed alot when they are stretching their relaxer? I am into my 8th week and I am trying to go until the middle of March but it seems that my hair is shedding alot. My regimen is
Mon. Wed. Sun.- cowash with dc for 30 min. with heat
Shampoo as needed
Prepoo before cowash and shampoo and leave in cond. after all
Protective styles is either wigs or bantu knots
Baggy 2-3 times a week
No Heat is used unless for dc

Products:
Ors Replenishing Pak for dc
Suave Clarifying Shampoo
Tresemme Smooth and Silky for cowash
Sunsilk hydra Tlc 24/7 leave in
B&B Oil Moisturizer
Olive oil or Jajoba oil

What am I missing or doing wrong?

onyxdreams

I'm still learning but my understanding is that garlic will help with the shedding .some ladies are taking garlic pills.I took someones suggestion and used the juice from the crush garlic sold in the stores and did a prepoo.There are also garlic shampoo that are on the market.As for baggy method I stopped bagging my hair because it left my hair mushy and wet all the time.I didn't care for that and my hair seemed weak.HTH

Also try a search on shedding you will come up with even ideas

Last edited:

onyxdreams

Also I just thought of it Henna or Amla will strengthen your hair.Are you using any of the Indian products? What vitamins are you using? Ultimately i think our hair health starts from within. don't forget to put a scarf on your head at night and sleep on a satin pillowcase,simple ideas but they my make a difference.

Last edited:

SouthernBeauty

I sleep with a satin scarf and I dont have any indian products. I just started taking the multivitamins. I also drink plenty of water and excercise 3-4 times a week!

supermodelsonya

Have you ever stretched this long before? From what I've learned, stretching doesn't agree with everyone. Also, I see a lot of products for moisture, but what are you doing for protein? I'm just throwing this out there. Henna will make your hair stronger as well.

Patricia

I've been taking garlic pills from sams club for a couple months now. It has helped me soooo much you wouldn't believe. I have also uped my protein and my hair is stronger and staying on my head.

SouthernBeauty

I was just reading the relaxer stretching support thread and I was just thinking exactly what u all posted.....I NEED PROTEIN! Thanks ladies!