Shoulder to APL in four months....ladies it IS POSSIBLE! **PICS**

lexi84

Okay so I'm on the HYH challenge, but I felt the need to go ahead and post this as an inspiration to my shoulder length girls who are struggling.

Back in 2005 I embarked on my hair journey with damaged neck length hair. I went from there to APL in about a year with constant baggying and deep conditioning every other day throughout the summer. Here are the pics of that progress:

After reaching APL I thought I was all that...shooo, you couldnt tell me NOTHIN'!!! :lachen: Sooooo, I started blow drying and wearing my hair down ALL THE TIME no buns, no deep conditioning, no daily moisture. I was in full neglect mode just tryin to be cute, well this was the result by July 08:

Stopped me dead in my tracks when I saw that mess. Aint nothin cute about damaged, dry, breaking, thinning hair. :burning: My hair looked like dookey so I got back in full nurture mode again....boring but necessary.:yawn: After four months of bunning, deep conditioning and all around TLC, here is the end result:

I'm back at APL, but this time I did it in 4 months. Although not my ultimate goal, I am pleased I was able to recover from my negligence in such a short amount of time.:yep:

So to all you ladies out there who think APL is nearly impossible....ITS NOT!! Just keep trying with thorough deep conditioning, daily moisturizing and hiding those ends! I guarantee you'll see APL once your remain consistent with your regimen.

Happy growin' :bighug: I hope someone finds this to be useful. :yep:

Last edited:

soonergirl

Girl thats the secret indeed!!! Yes it is boring but it can be done!!! Congrats, keep that hair growing!!!!!

Auburn

Wowsers! I hope I get that type of result by March. I hide my hair everyday with a silk scarf. Perhaps I need to steam more. :scratchch

"Consistency is the key" is something Shamboosie said.

Msstarr718

Wow great results.. Your hair looks so healthy and thick. I am currently in the position you were in in july and im now trying to recover but im so discouraged.. Nothing im trying is working.. Care to share your reggie?:dazed:

clarity2008

I went from SL to APL in 3-4 months too! It was amazing what some DCing and bunning can do!

Now APL to BSL is a different story...le sigh.

Toy

Great progress looks very healthy and thick keep up the great job u are doing .

Kurlee

o love your thickness and layers, I just think you have a little bit more to go b4 u get to full APL

tenderheaded

Gorgeous, thick hair! You did a great job. I know there are some ladies who can wear their har out everyday with no problems, then there are those of us who gots to put it away!

Thank you for the inspiration:yep:

CurlyMoo

Congrats, what king of DC do you do? Moisture DC or Protien DC? I really need a good moisture DC. My favorite was always ORS.