*sigh* Anyone figure out how to deal with their crown issues yet?

msa

My crown used to be extremely dry, too. Once I started spraying it with Oyin Juices n Berries, it's all good. Especially before I sit under the dryer. I spray it to death with the Oyin before getting under the hood and that helped tremendously.

I really think the J&B is great for scalp health because of the aloe and the herbs that are in there. I made my own little version but the Oyin one has more good stuff and it smells yummy.

I need to order more.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I'm glad someone else mentioned the sun exposure because I felt silly because I was just thinking that might be the cause. Think about it, even in the car I have the glass on my sunroof with the sun beating on my scalp.

My other silly theory is that...... well....... my father was bald and I'm wondering if that trait somehow affects women with a slower growth pattern in that area or whatever????? Just wondering :spinning:

I've had short blunt cuts and tried to let the middle catch up with the rest before growing the rest back and I've neve been successful because it NEVER catches up with the rest.

heyfranz

I think Nice & Wavy may be on to something with the wetness. Since i've been doing DC's every other day, my crown is more moisturized, but my scalp under is itching so much, i want to just shave the hair and put some type of "salve" on it. I can't take it. I'm down to washing twice a week now, and it feels a little better.

Stiletto_Diva

Bumping!!!

My crown is always drier and harder to detangle than the rest of my hair. I just realized that one section in my crown is about an inch long:perplexed. I have no idea what could be causing that much breakage. Please tell me someone has found a solution to the crown issue.

AllAboutMoi

What has been working for me is to always do a hot oil treatment with coconut, jojoba, and olive oil before washing, DCing with Pantene R&N Breakage Defense Mask, and leaving in a little of the mask only in the crown. I also add oil to my mask, I add it to the whole jar as soon as I open it. I usually just put the hot oil in the crown, not my enire head. It's been four days since I washed and my crown is still soft and moisturized. I haven't tried this with straight styles but it works perfect for myair dries, buns and braidouts. And believe me, my crown is no punk at 16 weeks post.

Last edited:

Duchesse

I'm confused. I thought the crown was the uppermost back area of the head above the nape? But it seems like some of you are talking about the "top" of the head where the sun hits.

If the crown is the area I'm thinking of I have major issues with this part. Dry, tangly, and breaking galore. What has helped is keeping that part in braids. If I evened up my hair to match my crown length, I'd have to cut off like 3 inches, that's how bad that area is.