Simple way to cut layers at home????

JewelleNY

My sis wants to cut her own layers, we don't trust stylists, no offense to any here :look: :lol:

Does anyone have a simple tips for a basic layered hair cut?

Much appreciated! :grin:

Rapunzel*

i cut my sisters hair into a layered bob. she had breakage from stretching her relaxer for 9 months i believe.(shes not into haircare so thats why it broke but it came out cute:grin:
i just cut it as if i were to do a trim but i took off all the breakage for a clean cut all over. her hair was almost apl too:ohwell:

i wasn't finished in this pic but the top was pinned, the rest of the bob was cbl in the front

dnt mind me i had just bc'd:giggle:

Optimus_Prime

i cut my sisters hair into a layered bob. she had breakage from stretching her relaxer for 9 months i believe.(shes not into haircare so thats why it broke but it came out cute:grin:
i just cut it as if i were to do a trim but i took off all the breakage for a clean cut all over. her hair was almost apl too:ohwell:

i wasn't finished in this pic but the top was pinned, the rest of the bob was cbl in the front

Your sister's lucky. You did a Great job!

Rapunzel*

Your sister's lucky. You did a Great job!
aww thanks she was really sad when she seen the breakage and i told her she should trust me and i would make her hair look good as soon as she seen it she almost cried and i got the biggest hug from her....she was like ":grin:" all day and it was her 21st bday
the day i did the cut

i always say sis u should go natural and she said no my head is too big.and she couldnt do the twa thing lol

BlackMarilyn

a friend of mine once turned her head upside down (like bend over) and got someone to cut it straight across lol. when she flipped her head back up, it was layered.

JewelleNY

Good job! :)

JewelleNY

a friend of mine once turned her head upside down (like bend over) and got someone to cut it straight across lol. when she flipped her head back up, it was layered.

Did she like it? Was it cute? :grin:

Did she cut it with her hair pointing toward the side of the room or with her hair hanging down toward the floor? (hope that makes sense :))

BlackMarilyn

yeah it came out well. her hair was hanging down toward the floor. like if u stand and bend forward at ur hip and ur face is looking thru ur legs behind u. like ur upper body is now parallel with ur legs. (hope that makes sense too LOL)

pisceschica

Yeah you can cut layers that way but it would be rounded layers you can't do that if you want long layers.