Simplicity---Bunning

cheri_flava74

Well I have doing alot to my hair lately trying to get a regimen to work with my exercise routine. I am really dedicated to getting out of 12 and back into 7/8. Anyway I sweat really bad so I have to wash my hair and I would either blow dry and flat iron, rollerset, or wrap. The problem is that I don't have time to do all this and it is really stressing me out worrying about my hair. I work 8-5 and have 4 kids and I babysit 2 more for a friend everyday. I also go to take online classes. The kids are like have another job. I have become so overwhelmed and worrying about styling my hair is something that I need to alleviate (I was spending aleat 1 or 2 on my hair everyday). So today after the gym I washed, conditioned, and put my hair back into a BUN. Five minutes and I was done. I am going to wear my hair like this unless there is a special occassion. I just need to learn how to be creative with my buns (sock donut bun) I want longer hair (currently shoulder length) and I want my tight body back (ha ha) so I will be bunning. I remember when I went to Basic training my hair grew to almost armpit level because I had no other choice to keep it in a bun (my hair was past my shoulders when I went to basic in 1998) and plus no heat. Ok I am rambling.

planodiva

I finish my 6 month bun challenge in July and you are right it is so much less stress.

I would suggest adorning your bun with a flower or a pretty pin or chop sticks to add variation. Beautiful earrings also make your look uber chic.

Just some suggestions

Lucia

ITA, don't stress it,
I'm all for protective styles esp if you're running around all over the place and working out, I wouldn't worry so much about having "styled" hair either all the time too much pressure

cheri_flava74

planodiva said:
I finish my 6 month bun challenge in July and you are right it is so much less stress.

I would suggest adorning your bun with a flower or a pretty pin or chop sticks to add variation. Beautiful earrings also make your look uber chic.

Just some suggestions

Thank you. Do you have some pictures with flowers and chop sticks? Will it work with my hair in the sock donut? I know these my be silly questions but I really don't know. Did you see alot of differences in your hair after your 6 month bun challenge? Sorry for all the questions.

cheri_flava74

Lucia said:
ITA, don't stress it,
I'm all for protective styles esp if you're running around all over the place and working out, I wouldn't worry so much about having "styled" hair either all the time too much pressure

You are so right about the pressure. I was about to relax my hair because I have a lot of new growth but when I put it back in a bun it looks like I don't need one. You can't even tell that I have new growth.

You could look at it this way also: if ponytails and buns weren't great styles, they would not be selling tons of fake ones at the bss. A lot of women wish they had enough hair to put in a bun. So be proud!