Bunning and Moisture

NessaNessa

Hello ladies!!!! I have a question about bunning and maintaining moisture. I will be bunning my hair after my wash today. After washing and deep conditioning, I will add a creamy leave in. Then I am going to use Smooth and Shine (or something similar) to lay my hair flat. At this point I will sit under a dryer to dry my hair (Air drying does not work for me!!!!!). Once I attach my sock bun, how do I maintain moisture? Do you ladies take the sock bun off everyday and moisturize or do you keep it on a few days then moisturize. I think it will be too much of a problem to take it down and re-apply it everyday. Especially if I want it to remain looking good and flat. Any help is GREATLY appreciated Thanks!!!!!!

ayoung

I personally do take mine down and moisturize my hair. Then at night I tie it down w/ a scarf and it is good and flat for the next day.

NessaNessa

ayoung1981 said:
I personally do take mine down and moisturize my hair. Then at night I tie it down w/ a scarf and it is good and flat for the next day.
Thanks for the response!!!! I will give this a try tonite...

brownsugarflyygirl

When bunning this is what I do...

Everday...I take my EVOO/Castor oil soaked hair bands off every night and re-soak them to prevent breakage ;) and I put something heavy on my ends...usually EQP mango butter or CD hair honey....

Every other day I go through my hair and spread moisture throughout with whatever I am experimenting with that week...and tie down with a scarf for re-smoothing...:look:

Still working on my bunning routine...but this is what has worked so far...:grin:

NessaNessa

brownsugarflyygirl said:
When bunning this is what I do...

Everday...I take my EVOO/Castor oil soaked hair bands off every night and re-soak them to prevent breakage ;) and I put something heavy on my ends...usually EQP mango butter or CD hair honey....

Every other day I go through my hair and spread moisture throughout with whatever I am experimenting with that week...and tie down with a scarf for re-smoothing...:look:

Still working on my bunning routine...but this is what has worked so far...:grin:
Thanks!!!!

Tee

I dont add a sock or anything. I bun my hair wet.

I put in moisturize and a little oil. I tie it down with a scarf and go to bed. HTH a little.