Singer Cassie interviewed in SBH magazine, and she somewhat mentioned "bunning"!!!

pistachio

I was reading the new issue of SBH magazine w/ Lotoya Luckett on the cover and they had the singer Cassie in there and the interviewer asked her if she knew any good styling tips, and she said:" One stylists once told me something really significant. She said, "That any time you're in N.Y., or L.A., to tie your hair up in a bun, and tuck the ends under 'cuz otherwise you'll dry your ends out." To a non-LHCF member, you'd just skip right over that info because it didn't mention any growth aid, or growth tips directly, therefore you'd assume the info was insignificant. But as LHCF members we know that protecting the ends, retains the length, and ultimately increases the length(grows the hair).

aloha_bef said:
i know that bunning helps with any ethnicity's hair, but what nationality is cassie?

Supposively she's Black & Filipino *scratches head* i thought she was anything BUT part black. Ahwell...

ETA:
WAIT according to wikipedia: Filipino father and an African-American/Mexican/West Indian.

But wait how can you just say "west indian" hmm thats like saying "black, chinese and British", what the... anyway i guess west indian stands for black, but it could be indian, taino indian.. a mix (the list goes on) maybe ones just trying to make it sound "extotic".. i digress im babbling.

Last edited:
West Indian does not mean Black. It is a separate ethnic/racial group. Just like there is an East Indian racial group. A lot of people in Trinidad are mixed with East Indian but I'm not sure about them being mixed with West Indian. (Sorry I veered off topic with the whole Trinidadian thing).

West Indian means you are of Native carribean indian decent (there are actual tribes), sometimes East Indian or Arab in there along with the usual European and African that all came/come over there.

You're right, West Indian does not necessarily mean Black. I refer to myself as West Indian generally, and Jamaican/Trinidadian specifically. It just means I'm a native of the West Indies. But those are just nationalities.. don't get me started on races and ethnicities.

Thanks for mentioning the tip though.

Check out LHC, the ladies there have always been into bunning, and they are mostly non-black. They do it to protect the hair too. :)

Softresses

Yeah alot of ladies on this board too, have done bunning challenges. Bunning works for everyone I think as long as you can get most of your hair into one.

Re: Singer Cassie interviewed in SBH magazine, and she somewhat mentioned "bunning"!!

This is quite intresting actually...
My fiance's sister has the most gorgeous long hair. She is 100% black but has relaxed, nearly BSL hair.
I cornered her yesterday and asked what she does, the first thing she said is that she 90% of the time keeps her ends tucked under to prevent them drying out..:eek:
and that she moisturises the ends to keep them healthy:eek::eek:

i nearly asked her if shes been a secret member of a hair forum.

And have you guys noticed how white people with Long hair often tie their hairs up?

Henrietta I just looked at your siggy and wow you acheived your goal 5 months early? wow...how can I be down and wow that I missed this

Re: Singer Cassie interviewed in SBH magazine, and she somewhat mentioned "bunning"!!

I did and am still really happy.

I've had to lay off MTG though, cos of extreme itchies and burning scalp...so i can only hope i still get the massive growth sprout i got in that month;)
This being said, wow:eek: at ur hair. My hair is just shoulder length, your must be apl!
Lovely:lachen:

Why does she say-"That any time you're in N.Y., or L.A., to tie your hair up in a bun, and tuck the ends under 'cuz otherwise you'll dry your ends out." ?

What's up with LA and NY? I agree with bunning anytime but the whole LA NY thing jumped out at me. Maybe becausee I am an Angelino.

Henrietta said:
This is quite intresting actually...
My fiance's sister has the most gorgeous long hair. She is 100% black but has relaxed, nearly BSL hair.
I cornered her yesterday and asked what she does, the first thing she said is that she 90% of the time keeps her ends tucked under to prevent them drying out..:eek:
and that she moisturises the ends to keep them healthy:eek::eek:

i nearly asked her if shes been a secret member of a hair forum.

And have you guys noticed how white people with Long hair often tie their hairs up?

That's really cool that she actually told you the secret of her sucess. It's nice when ladies share their hair secrets.

grnidmonster said:
Why does she say-"That any time you're in N.Y., or L.A., to tie your hair up in a bun, and tuck the ends under 'cuz otherwise you'll dry your ends out." ?

What's up with LA and NY? I agree with bunning anytime but the whole LA NY thing jumped out at me. Maybe becausee I am an Angelino.

Girl, don't pay her no mind, based on interviews I've heard/read, Cassie isn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.:look:

grnidmonster said:

She said the hairstylist she spoke to gave her this advice. As for the N.Y. L.A. thing, I can only guess that it's because of the smoke and pollution being that it's a large and busy city. Louisville isn't as big as those cities, but we are a big city, and the air here is "smokey" too in a since because of all the traffic and rush. I don't think the hairstylists meant it in an offensive way though.

Back